Sign in to follow this  
Corky76

FFOC: Was it all a scam?

I've played on the FFOC since its inaugural season. Last year, Stan who owns the company, was sending out messages pretty much right after the Super Bowl for early entries, discounts, promotions, etc. This year, I haven't received a single email in regards to the FFOC. Yesterday, I went to their website to check out any news and it hasn't even been updated for this year at all! I went to Stan's owner blog and it hasn't been updated since last December either! Last year, he was updating things almost daily. I also went into the forums they have and people are saying they haven't gotten paid yet and Stan has basically dropped off the face of the earth!!!!

I made a phone call today to the FFOC. There is still someone answering the phones but something is definitely up at the FFOC. I asked him a bunch of questions but the guy was very short with me and it definitely seemed like he was covering something up. I'd tell him people are saying they never got their money - he didn't deny it he just said "That's news to me." I said people are saying it was a scam, he didn't defend the FFOC he just said "I hadn't heard that." Very odd............

Anyway, speaking for myself, I did win some money and I also received it in January. However, I didn't win nearly as much as those that are saying they didn't get paid! Does anyone know anything more about the FFOC? I absolutely loved playing ff on the FFOC and their setup was awesome! I'd hate to find out it was a scam, and I'd also hate to find out they won't be running it anymore but it's looking like that may be the case :pointstosky: I guess at least I'm not the one who supposedly won the million $$$$$$!!!!

Anyone have any info??????

what is FFOC?

Sorry. It's the Fantasy Football Open Championship. It's on Fanball.com, but when I contacted Fanball they were quite CLEAR that they only ran the FFOC and are in no way an entity are owner of the FFOC. It's been a great contest the last couple of years, top winner gets a million dollars plus they give out individual league prizes and a whole bunch of other prizes - or should I say "supposedly" they give out these prizes.

The first year, Papa Johns sponsored it, Jerry Rice was the commish. All prizes were paid out. I won $2500 myself off of 3 $100 teams. Last year Stan apparently took full control of the entire thing. With the amount of teams that entered and the prize money he should've paid out, I estimated he would've lost about $750,000. I think he made like the Baltimore Colts and skipped town in the middle of the night. Sad thing is, all these people who thought they won Big money probably won't get it I'm thinking :dunno:

If you own that program, how can you not make money on something like that? I mean, shouldn't you basically just be taking a rake off every league pot instead of doing horrible math and leaving yourself way, way short?

Anyone have any info??????

I have some info. A few years back, Corky76 signed up for about 20 ff leagues, then got thrown in jail and I had to run his ff teams for him all season.

There's some info, for ya.

I have some info. A few years back, Corky76 signed up for about 20 ff leagues, then got thrown in jail and I had to run his ff teams for him all season.

There's some info, for ya.

touche..................... Do I need to break out the "Jizzed on her back story?" :pointstosky:

If you own that program, how can you not make money on something like that? I mean, shouldn't you basically just be taking a rake off every league pot instead of doing horrible math and leaving yourself way, way short?

Problem was they guaranteed a top prize of $1,000,000 no matter how many teams entered the contest. 2nd paid 100,000, 3rd was 40,000 or so, etc. They only had about 11,000 teams that signed up and half of those were what they called "Q School" which was a team you could buy for $10.

touche..................... Do I need to break out the "Jizzed on her back story?" :doublethumbsup:

Yes, yes you do...get focking typing!!!

Yes, yes you do...get focking typing!!!

In regards to my OP, it does look like all but $30,000 of last year's winnings were paid out. However, it also looks like the FFOC is now more than likely done for. This could potentially be an issue for the 2 previous million dollar winners who were supposed to get installments over the next 10 years. Will they ever see another dime? I bet not.....

And kutulu, that is a deep, dark, chapter of Chronic Huskers life that I am not going to expose on this message bored. :doublethumbsup:

Unless, of course, he continues with his "Corky76 went to jail" stories. Then, I may change my mind. :doublethumbsup:

Well, maybe I am the only person from this bored who played in the FFOC the last 2 years (although there were over 11,000 teams last season so I highly doubt it). Well, it has officially shut down and I for one am VERY disappointed. It was a fun twist on ff and the Vegas bracket with their cutline was definitely unique and added an element to ff that no other contest offered!!! I guess bringing in $500,000 a year and paying out over $1.25 million for 2 consecutive years (as they pointed out) tends to make a company go bankrupt thoguh. :nono:

Well, maybe I am the only person from this bored who played in the FFOC the last 2 years (although there were over 11,000 teams last season so I highly doubt it). Well, it has officially shut down and I for one am VERY disappointed. It was a fun twist on ff and the Vegas bracket with their cutline was definitely unique and added an element to ff that no other contest offered!!! I guess bringing in $500,000 a year and paying out over $1.25 million for 2 consecutive years (as they pointed out) tends to make a company go bankrupt thoguh. :thumbsup:

I played the first year; when they changed the structure of the league and added those $10 Q-school teams, it smelled fishy and I bailed.

I played the first year; when they changed the structure of the league and added those $10 Q-school teams, it smelled fishy and I bailed.

I played in it two years ago, paid for one team, and it F'ed up twice, so i ended up with 3 teams, I won a league and got a free team last year...

I thought it was sketchy that the two million dollar winners had the same last name... super sketchy actually... glad they folded...

I played in it two years ago, paid for one team, and it F'ed up twice, so i ended up with 3 teams, I won a league and got a free team last year...

I thought it was sketchy that the two million dollar winners had the same last name... super sketchy actually... glad they folded...

I guess I didn't know about the last name thing. I did know that the million dollar winner last year and the runner up from year one were both from Nebraska. I find that very odd. How much can a couple of toothless hillbillies who sit around talking about corn know about fantasy football anyway?

I will miss the contest. I had a lot of fun the last couple years on the FFOC......