Sign in to follow this  
My_Name_is_Jonas

Hypothetical: 12th Man

I have debated this with friends for years: I believe if the absolute worst team in the league were permitted 12 players on the field every play (whereas every other team is permitted the standard 11), it would be unbeatable.

On offense, they could have an extra receiver to prevent double-coverages or an extra lineman or blocking back to open up running lanes. For defense, extra pass rusher or cover guy. It'd create all sort of mismatches, yet my buddies still think the Colts or the Saints would beat up on the 12-man Raiders.

So what do you think?

I think the team with 12 players wins most of the time. Good name and song by the way. :ninja:

They would win every game.they could run a 4-4 d front and just blitz the crap out of a team and still be ok in coverage.

On o they could add a tackle eligible on every play and plow teams or have all day to throw.

the team with 12 99.9% of the time.

i still think there could be scenarios where Peyton could pick apart a shitty 12 man defense like the Lions. might take him a while to figure it out but I bet it could be done.

still thinking 100%. even if the team doesn't become some offensive juggernaut, that defense is pretty damn unmovable. and don't forget about special teams. that extra blocker/gunner can make all the difference in making/stopping a huge play.

definitely think peyton can score on a 12-man D, but i don't know about picking apart. that's double coverage on wayne at all times AND blitz after blitz. even if it is the lions, it's still one extra professional football player.

I think you have too much time on your hands to post this. I think the rest of us have too much time on our hands to be reading it. LOL

So Hypothetically speaking every team is just one player away

By far the best response so far.