Sign in to follow this  
thesitedoc

Which pair would you rather have

Eh, Toss up with no info.

Depends on the scoring ppr, passing TD's... Even then ultimately it is who you like more.

I lean toward MJD/Romo as well. I think the Cowboys could be ridiculous this year.

I should have posted the scoring. It is standard non-PPR scoring.

Typically I would also go with the better RB but for this upcoming year I have a strong feeling that Gore might lead the league in total yards from scrimmage.

The 49'ers have an easy schedule with 6 not so tough defensive games in their division. They added 2 Oline guys at the top of the draft, I think Smith and Crabtree take another step up and there is no one to challenge Gore for carries. His downside is potential for injury.

On top of that Rodgers is the better QB between Romo and Rodgers.

I hear people suggest that the Jag Oline should be better. I didn't see them make any off-season moves to do that unless I missed something. Plus their D is worse by letting Henderson go so they may be playing from behind more often then not.

It's a close call as others have suggested.

I should have posted the scoring. It is standard non-PPR scoring.

Typically I would also go with the better RB but for this upcoming year I have a strong feeling that Gore might lead the league in total yards from scrimmage.

The 49'ers have an easy schedule with 6 not so tough defensive games in their division. They added 2 Oline guys at the top of the draft, I think Smith and Crabtree take another step up and there is no one to challenge Gore for carries. His downside is potential for injury.

On top of that Rodgers is the better QB between Romo and Rodgers.

I hear people suggest that the Jag Oline should be better. I didn't see them make any off-season moves to do that unless I missed something. Plus their D is worse by letting Henderson go so they may be playing from behind more often then not.

It's a close call as others have suggested.

rodgers/Gore for me. But either option is peachy.

mjd and romo hands down

i would trade my g/f for them

Take a look at Gore's schedule...it's mighty generous.

I think Gore could very well end up as a top3 RB, and I think the difference between Rodgers & Romo is pretty noticeable.

If you go by draft value (not a very good gauge), then you are getting the #5 or 6 overall pick and another late 1st/early 2nd pick in Rodgers. Or the #3 or 4 pick with a 3rd/4th round QB.

Aaron Rodgers and Gore

Or

MJD and Romo (or Schaub)

Is this like one of those four person leagues? Either way, you are sitting pretty good. I'd lean towards Gore/Rodgers, where as Rodgers gets the Detroit and Chicago secondary twice this year and Gore gets the rams twice.

Take a look at Gore's schedule...it's mighty generous.

I think Gore could very well end up as a top3 RB, and I think the difference between Rodgers & Romo is pretty noticeable.

If you go by draft value (not a very good gauge), then you are getting the #5 or 6 overall pick and another late 1st/early 2nd pick in Rodgers. Or the #3 or 4 pick with a 3rd/4th round QB.

you might be right

Aaron Rodgers and Gore

Or

MJD and Romo (or Schaub)

MJD and Romo

Aaron Rodgers and Gore

Or

MJD and Romo (or Schaub)

I'd prefer Rodgers and Gore. To me that's like getting the #5 overall pick and the #12 overall pick in a redraft. MJD and Romo is like getting the #3 and #40 overall pick. I'd rather have the #5 and #12 picks personally. Obviously, if you think Romo outperforms his 4th round ADP, then it's a tougher decision.

Romo was very good last year but I just can't see him outperforming almost 4500 yards and 26 TD's. Obviously the TD's could go up a little, but I can't see him getting much more than 30. Rodgers should get at least 30 passing TD's with similar or slightly less yardage. The big difference between the two is that Rodgers adds something with his legs. He should be close to 300 rushing yards and 3-5 TD's on the ground again. This is where he gains a big advantage on Romo in my opinion. This is where I see about a 50 fantasy point difference between the two of them.

While I like MJD better than Gore, I don't think he is 50 points better. I think Gore should be good for close to 1600 total yards and 10 TD's. I'd put MJD in the 1700+ yard range with 14 TD's or so. So I see about a 40 point difference between the two of them. So it's actually a lot closer than I thought when I started this. Play around with the numbers, and ultimately determine which combination you think will get you the most total points. I was obviously just throwing out some round numbers here...I'd still lean towards Rodgers and Gore, but it's definitely very debateable.