Sign in to follow this  
SteelCurtain75

Tough Keeper Question

Thanks for reading and helping me out with a decision I am having some trouble with. I am in a partial keeper league that lets you keep a player for up to 3 years if you choose and you have to give up 2 rounds every year from when you originally drafted him. It is a PPR league with basic scoring 6pts for TD 10 yards rush/receive 1 point. Here are my options for this year.

1. Rashard Mendenhaul get him for a 7th round pick and first year to keep

2. Shonn Greene get him for a 9th round pick and first year to keep

3. Michael Turner get him for a 8th round pick and 3rd year to keep

4. Gregg Jennings get him for a 6th round pick and 3rd year to keep

5. Brent Celek get him for a 15th round pick and 1st year to keep

6. Mike Sims Walker get him for a 12th round pick and 1st year to keep

We start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 TE. 1 Flex that can be any of the three positions. Again PPR league makes those backs look a little less appealing to keep all 3. I listed them in the order I feel like I should do but I am thinking Jennings or Celek over Greene or Turner might be a better move for me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

You are thinking too much. I'd keep the three RBs since you start 2 RBs and a Flex.

I agree, even in PPR, these RB's will produce for you. You can pick up TE/WR similar to Jennings, MSW, and Celek in the draft, but if you release those RB's they will be gone early.

Thanks for reading and helping me out with a decision I am having some trouble with. I am in a partial keeper league that lets you keep a player for up to 3 years if you choose and you have to give up 2 rounds every year from when you originally drafted him. It is a PPR league with basic scoring 6pts for TD 10 yards rush/receive 1 point. Here are my options for this year.

4. Gregg Jennings get him for a 6th round pick and 3rd year to keep

5. Brent Celek get him for a 15th round pick and 1st year to keep

6. Mike Sims Walker get him for a 12th round pick and 1st year to keep

We start 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 TE. 1 Flex that can be any of the three positions. Again PPR league makes those backs look a little less appealing to keep all 3. I listed them in the order I feel like I should do but I am thinking Jennings or Celek over Greene or Turner might be a better move for me. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I would go with the backs as well. I have a similar league, just without the PPR. I have always found that I do a little better when I start 3 backs. But if u wanna WR or TE, I would go Celek as Jennings sometimes disappears in games and Celek is liable to be Kolbs security blanket during his first full year as a starting QB. Just my two cents worth!!

i agree w/previous w/o a doubt. those players are too good to release @ that value. turner and menenhall are still top 10 backs and you get shonn green who will be a top 15...yes jennings is a solid top 10, however he could easily fall to you in the 1st...if not another solid wr. your 3 headed monster is solid

mine please

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=365997