Sign in to follow this  
casper87

New Rules

I am looking for any newfound rules that might be able to spice up our draft. We don't do IDP, and I've tried both flex and keeper--to no avail. I need to find something at least 5 other owners will like enough to change to. ( We need 6 to make a change)

I am asking for all of your methods that might be cool, a little quirky, different, or just plain old insane. They can be draft rules, or scoring rules, or season long rules, or whatever--just shoot 'em.

We have 10 owners traveling to Nevada from Oregon, Mississippi, Georgia, and California and since this will be an Epic 3 day draft in a state like Nevada, I want it to be remembered. Not just for what you do in Nevada--

I am looking for any newfound rules that might be able to spice up our draft. We don't do IDP, and I've tried both flex and keeper--to no avail. I need to find something at least 5 other owners will like enough to change to. ( We need 6 to make a change)

I am asking for all of your methods that might be cool, a little quirky, different, or just plain old insane. They can be draft rules, or scoring rules, or season long rules, or whatever--just shoot 'em.

We have 10 owners traveling to Nevada from Oregon, Mississippi, Georgia, and California and since this will be an Epic 3 day draft in a state like Nevada, I want it to be remembered. Not just for what you do in Nevada--

I've tried to get myt league to draft a coach for year. 3-5 pts for a win. Simple, and let's you route for a team to actually win unlike every other scoring option in fantasy football.

We pick entire oline and they get 2 points per hundred rushing and 1 per 100 passing (-1) for sacks

We pick entire oline and they get 2 points per hundred rushing and 1 per 100 passing (-1) for sacks

is this IDP and what is the max # of total roster spots allowed?

One of my leagues each team starts 3 individual defensive players and we use multiple flex positions. Its a PPR league so it gives everyone multiple starting options. We start QB, RB, WR, TE, RB/WR, RB/WR, WR/TE, K, 3 IDP and then have 6 bench spots. This makes for a 17 round draft.

The IDP scoring is:

Solo tackle- 1 point

Assisted tackle- 0.5 points

Sack- 2 points

Int- 3 points

Forced fumble- 3 points

Fumble recovery- 3 points

Pass defensed- 1 point

Touchdown- 6 points

For the most part middle linebackers and occasionally safeties who get high tackle numbers are the best picks and most consistent scorers. Although 3-4 DE/LB playmakers like James Harrison in 2008 can be fairly dominant with sacks, forced fumbles, etc. It adds an interesting wrinkle without going to a full IDP roster.

In my league, we award points for thrown interceptions. Jay Cutler was the first overall pick.

Now we're talking--this is cool! Keep 'em coming.

I've tried to get myt league to draft a coach for year. 3-5 pts for a win. Simple, and let's you route for a team to actually win unlike every other scoring option in fantasy football.

I was in a league that did that last year. 5 points for a win, -5 for a loss. Best fantasy loss I saw last year was someone with Belicheck during the week of the 4th down call, who ended up losing their game by a couple points.

Only problem I had with it was it being a 20 team league - so a few owners were left scraping the bottom of the barrel for 8-8, 7-9 coaches.

I don't know how unique or quirky it is, but I've played in a few leagues that gave 3-5 points for home field advantage. Since the standings reflect a home and road W-L record, and the schedule always shows Team A @ Team B, it was fun for that to actually have a little bit of meaning.

We have a rule that adds money to the pot, its a ghost team. We gather the highest rated players in the Free Agent pool and field a team. If the ghost team outscores your team during that week your team pays $3 into the pot.

We have a rule that adds money to the pot, its a ghost team. We gather the highest rated players in the Free Agent pool and field a team. If the ghost team outscores your team during that week your team pays $3 into the pot.

I like that idea. How do you deal with free agent acquisitions throughout the year? Does a desired free agent get picked up by an owner, and the ghost team receives the next highest replacement? I'm hoping and assuming that it's done that way....although it seems like a potentially weak ghost team by year's end.

I like that idea. How do you deal with free agent acquisitions throughout the year? Does a desired free agent get picked up by an owner, and the ghost team receives the next highest replacement? I'm hoping and assuming that it's done that way....although it seems like a potentially weak ghost team by year's end.

[/quote

yea that is how it works. you would think but the ghost team has made some one pay more then you think. it works especially well in a 10 man league, anything over that the ghost tea, would be well depleted.

Thanks for all the advice guys. I am going to pitch the ghost team rule and the interceptions = pts rule. Ghost team probably has the best shot at passing.

ghost team = good idea for "Casper" :D