Sign in to follow this  
BeeefyTaco

Late first round picks

Not sure who's done a few mock drafts, but the WR field is a little more scarce than the RBs. Once the elite "powerhouse" RBs are off the board in the early to mid first round, you should consider going for Andre, Moss, DJaxx, Wayne type WRs in the late first/early second.

Anyone else planning on going this route? It paid dividends last season to a bunch of teams going Andre/Fitz/Moss then RB/RB 3-4 rounds.

Not sure who's done a few mock drafts, but the WR field is a little more scarce than the RBs. Once the elite "powerhouse" RBs are off the board in the early to mid first round, you should consider going for Andre, Moss, DJaxx, Wayne type WRs in the late first/early second.

Anyone else planning on going this route? It paid dividends last season to a bunch of teams going Andre/Fitz/Moss then RB/RB 3-4 rounds.

in the middle I've been going WR RB WR QB RB RB RB in a bunch of mocks as of late....that's just were the value took me never get stuck on a position :thumbsup:

I find the best value picking late (10th pick) is WR/WR. I have been going usually Moss/Marshall or something like that. I am likely not touching Wayne this year. He slowed down in the second half of the year. He was useless weeks 12-16. He may have had a good week in there. The Colts in general are risky those weeks. I won't get burned again. I play to win it all.

I'm picking 6 out of 14 and if the draft board falls roughly the way I expect it to, I'll be going with Andre Johnson:

1. AP

2. CJ

3. MJD

4. Rice

5. Gore

6. Johnson

I think there's a clear difference between the Top 5 backs and the rest of the field. I also think Andre Johnson is head and shoulders above the rest of the wideouts this year. I'd consider going QB, especially in a league with this many teams, but I think there's a good chance I could end up with a Top 5 QB in the 2nd round or later this year. My hope is to either end up with Manning or Romo, or hope that one of a few RBs I like (Greene, Charles, Matthews, etc.) fall to me in round 2.

This isn't really a WR strategy, just playing the way I expect the draft board to fall. If I were drafting anywhere other than 6 or late in the 1st (12-14) this year I'd probably go QB or RB.

Yea, i can't make up my mind with the 12th pick. I keep thinking of getting A. Rogers then A. Miles, but I would guess that Rogers will be gone, So my back up plan is either going WR/WR or at least take one RB/WR. If I go with at least one RB, I'm thinking the only ones left will be mendenhall or Green. or I might take a Fitz/Moss/Miles then come back RB/RB.

Hell I don't know....I will get it figured out.

I do agree, I'm going to stay away from Wayne, just have a bad feeling about him.

Yea, i can't make up my mind with the 12th pick. I keep thinking of getting A. Rogers then A. Miles, but I would guess that Rogers will be gone, So my back up plan is either going WR/WR or at least take one RB/WR. If I go with at least one RB, I'm thinking the only ones left will be mendenhall or Green. or I might take a Fitz/Moss/Miles then come back RB/RB.

Hell I don't know....I will get it figured out.

I do agree, I'm going to stay away from Wayne, just have a bad feeling about him.

just did a quick 10team mock went something like this from the 7 hole

1. Andre Johnson (Hou - WR)

2. Larry Fitzgerald (Ari - WR)

3. Tony Romo (Dal - QB)

4. Anquan Boldin (Bal - WR)

5. Beanie Wells (Ari - RB)

6. Jonathan Stewart (Car - RB)

7. LeSean McCoy (Phi - RB)

8. Knowshon Moreno (Den - RB)

9. Santana Moss (Was - WR)

10. Eli Manning (NYG - QB)

11. Matt Forte (Chi - RB)