Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

rice @ 2?

i have the 2nd pick in a 12man leauge and its non ppr...is it totaly crazy to take rice @ 2 if cj is gone??? i think hes going to be great this year..

i have the 2nd pick in a 12man leauge and its non ppr...is it totaly crazy to take rice @ 2 if cj is gone??? i think hes going to be great this year..

In a non-PPR league? YES it is crazy. The idea in the first round is not only get the best player available but also the SAFEST. miss in round 1 and you are in trouble. AP (the most consistent RB over the last 3-4 years) is your pick.

Agreed with Pappy. In a NON ppr league taking Rice @ 2 is a risk. I'd take AP and then probably go WR/RB or WR/QB with the next two picks.

Agreed with Pappy. In a NON ppr league taking Rice @ 2 is a risk. I'd take AP and then probably go WR/RB or WR/QB with the next two picks.

Hey there Ralphy boy!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Hey there Ralphy boy!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

ok thnx..i was thinking AP...then usually on the way back i can get either roddy white or miles austin..then 3 i try to target shaub?? is that a decent stratagey?

ok thnx..i was thinking AP...then usually on the way back i can get either roddy white or miles austin..then 3 i try to target shaub?? is that a decent stratagey?

AP followed by the best WR available is a sound strategy. I dont know enough about your scoring system to comment on the Schaub pick at 3. But without knowing this info I would (personally) pick the best WR or RB at 3.

Doubt white or austin make it back to you at 2 man...'maybe' white but austin climbing up draft boards.

And think that's a bit early for Schaub.

What's your scoring and line-up reqs?

Doubt white or austin make it back to you at 2 man...'maybe' white but austin climbing up draft boards.

And think that's a bit early for Schaub.

What's your scoring and line-up reqs?

well the scoring is 6 points rushing/recieving/passing/

1 point per 10 rushing/recieving.

1 point per 20 passing.

so where its 6 per passing i was thinking about grabbing schaub @ 3?

any help would be apreciated

well the scoring is 6 points rushing/recieving/passing/

1 point per 10 rushing/recieving.

1 point per 20 passing.

so where its 6 per passing i was thinking about grabbing schaub @ 3?

any help would be apreciated

Ah, so QBs go off the board pretty quick?

And you're thinking getting a top guy at rb/wr/qb to start?

That is definitely a sound stragety just think you need to temper your thinking on the wr you expect to fall to you in 2nd. Likely more like DJax/Jennings/Colston group would expect there.

I don't think it's way out to pick rice at 2 instead of 3-, from a risk stand point. This will not detroy your first round or effect who you pick in later rounds. Most wouldn't but your not taking L McCoy. why not trade down 1 spot and get something for that... let him and everyone else take AP. If you love Ray and there's something about AP that bothers you this year then do what you think there... or autodraft the first 3 rounds. PArt of the game is getting the players you want.

Ah, so QBs go off the board pretty quick?

And you're thinking getting a top guy at rb/wr/qb to start?

That is definitely a sound stragety just think you need to temper your thinking on the wr you expect to fall to you in 2nd. Likely more like DJax/Jennings/Colston group would expect there.

out of that bunch i would take jennings.. But if roddy or a miles fall to me.I have to take one of them right?

out of that bunch i would take jennings.. But if roddy or a miles fall to me.I have to take one of them right?

Definitely, and you know your league better than me so maybe they could.

Just mocks I've seen of late they're not getting past middle of rnd2.

If you really believe Rice is the better pick, then do it. Do not be a slave to the ADP.