Sign in to follow this  
Corporal Punishment

CJ Spiller a starter

I am really surprised there isn't a thread for this already (did I miss it?), but with the injuries to Lynch and Jackson, Spiller is suddenly the starting running back for Buffalo (at least for the preseason, maybe a few games into the regular season at last report). Does this make him a legitimate fantasy starter? Buffalo's offense is horribly anemic, but Spiller will get a bunch of carries. Can he handle it? Or is he more of a Reggie Bush, gimmick play kind of player?

Thoughts?

I am really surprised there isn't a thread for this already (did I miss it?), but with the injuries to Lynch and Jackson, Spiller is suddenly the starting running back for Buffalo (at least for the preseason, maybe a few games into the regular season at last report). Does this make him a legitimate fantasy starter? Buffalo's offense is horribly anemic, but Spiller will get a bunch of carries. Can he handle it? Or is he more of a Reggie Bush, gimmick play kind of player?

Thoughts?

Lynch isn't as hurt as initially thought. Even Spiller as a starter doesn't excite me on that pathetic excuse for an offense.

Blls coach Chan Gailey indicated Monday that Marshawn Lynch's ankle injury isn't as severe as initially feared.Gailey is targeting the preseason finale for Lynch's return, indicating no real concern he'd miss Week 1. "I think it's not a major injury by any stretch of the imagination," said Gailey. If Fred Jackson (hand) is out and Lynch is back by Opening Day, Lynch and C.J. Spiller could share carries against Miami. August 16 - 10:41 p.m. ET

Lynch isn't as hurt as initially thought. Even Spiller as a starter doesn't excite me on that pathetic excuse for an offense.

yep, I've tried the Lynch experiment the last 2 years in my auction/dynasty/keeper leauge - and I've dabbled with the Lee Evans torture.

No Bills for me (even though I must say I'm very excited about Spiller)

yep, I've tried the Lynch experiment the last 2 years in my auction/dynasty/keeper leauge - and I've dabbled with the Lee Evans torture.

No Bills for me (even though I must say I'm very excited about Spiller)

On paper they should have been good, especially last year, but i dunno if it's the line, coaching, or the QB that just completely kills that offense. I think Lee Evans could be a top 15 WR on a different team.

On paper they should have been good, especially last year, but i dunno if it's the line, coaching, or the QB that just completely kills that offense. I think Lee Evans could be a top 15 WR on a different team.

hasn't there been a huge turnover in all the above? No consistency ='s failure

I'm going to add a more specific question.

I'm in a ten-team dynasty league that is about to start it's second year.

Through some trading, I ended up with the fourth overall pick, 7th, 19th, and 20th (four picks in the first two rounds!).

There will be only rookies and a few free agents available.

I'm anticipating that Matthews, Bryant, and Best will be gone when my pick comes up. I would be very happy if that were not true.

Our league is adding ppr this year.

I have good depth at RB, but my team is a little on the old side, so I really want a future stud. I don't care if he takes a year or two to start producing; I'm patient. I was looking at Ben Tate, and am still considering him, even though he is finished this year. Of course Hardesty seems like a reasonable option, but my friends think I am crazy for not jumping on Spiller because of his long term potential.

I plan on picking a WR with my 7th pick. We draft next Tuesday, the 24th, so I have one more week to look at these guys.

Is Spiller the best long term option? I've never liked Buffalo, but...

Any thoughts here?

I'm going to add a more specific question.

I'm in a ten-team dynasty league that is about to start it's second year.

Through some trading, I ended up with the fourth overall pick, 7th, 19th, and 20th (four picks in the first two rounds!).

There will be only rookies and a few free agents available.

I'm anticipating that Matthews, Bryant, and Best will be gone when my pick comes up. I would be very happy if that were not true.

Our league is adding ppr this year.

I have good depth at RB, but my team is a little on the old side, so I really want a future stud. I don't care if he takes a year or two to start producing; I'm patient. I was looking at Ben Tate, and am still considering him, even though he is finished this year. Of course Hardesty seems like a reasonable option, but my friends think I am crazy for not jumping on Spiller because of his long term potential.

I plan on picking a WR with my 7th pick. We draft next Tuesday, the 24th, so I have one more week to look at these guys.

Is Spiller the best long term option? I've never liked Buffalo, but...

Any thoughts here?

Team Management Questions Belong On The "A Little Help" board.

Tennessee sucked yet CJIII did pretty good. Spiller is basically the same kind of runner not saying as good but great 1 cut speed

Tennessee sucked yet CJIII did pretty good. Spiller is basically the same kind of runner not saying as good but great 1 cut speed

I disagree, they had a pretty stout defense his rookie year, a better passing game, and a better offensive line.

Tennessee has had decent players. Chris Johnson's rookie year they were 13-3, which is obviously very good. Last year they finished 8-8--not so awesome but you have to consider that they started the year 0-6. Comparing Tennessee and Buffalo is ridiculous.

Ok, so I might be taking Spiller. I have 1 more redraft and 1 auction to go. He's exciting me:)

Spiller had a real nice 30-yard TD run.

Found the highlights. Evans was wide open on that deep pass.

[/url]