Sign in to follow this  
Va-Nomad

WR/WR

By doing a "Value Based" deal it seems that RB/RB is more important than ever. There are not as many workhorse RB's as in the past so the top ten RBs are even more valuable then in the past. In my opinion I think locking up a stud RB and stud WR in the first two rounds is the way togo.

I think this is happening because if you draft 7 or later you are pretty much not getting that top RB. After Turner and Gore the rb's are all very very questionable.

I think this is happening because if you draft 7 or later you are pretty much not getting that top RB. After Turner and Gore the rb's are all very very questionable.

I agree that after Turner and Gore the RBs are not worth that much. However, if you go WR/QB or WR/WR then it really leaves you bare at RB. I still believe that you need to get a RB with 1st or 2nd round pick.

To an extent i agree with everyone above.....however at my pick (12/13 turn) im looking at Greene/ Matthews.....which if projections are correct should get about 300 carries each.....which i think youd have to take.

So IMO the RB level drops off right after those two.....bc i cant find many lower ranked RB's that are not in a massive carries share situation (i know both will share some but not as much)

Conversly at that pick...your looking at Wayne and Fitz....im not sure about those two. they will put up good numbers but fitz is dinged and wayne struggled down the stretch last year...and past those two (assuming Moss and AJ are gone) im not confortable spending a top 13 pick on anyone else besides those 2. But thats me.

you could just search and find 10 other threads like this :dunno: . but if i didnt land one of the top 7 i would consider wr/wr or qb/wr. wr are more consistent over the past few years and rb simply have not been. the turnover for top rb is high. and for this reason you could bulk up on high upside rb.

in 2008 the top rbs adp for a 12 team dwill was 7.10, turner 4.07, matt forte 6.10, thomas jones 3.11, slaton 12.07, chris johnson 8.4, brandon jacobs 3.10, kevin smith 6.8, leron mcclain ???,lendale white 6.7, ronnie brown (couldnt find his adp past rd 13?) all finished top 20.

in 2009 the adp for rice was 4.05, thomas jones 5.11, ryan grant 3.06, joseph addai 5.06, ricky williams 13.11,jonathan stewart 7.09, jamaal charles 13.8, rashard mendenhall 9.11, cedric benson 6.12, knowshon moreno 6.01, fred jackson 10.2 all finished top 20.

maybe it was a trend of older rbs fading off who knows. the top 5 wr are almost always solid. but if you landed one or even 2 of those rbs with a good qb & 2 top wr you would have a pretty solid team imo. fitzgerald/johnson/moss/wayne/white/ with a manning/brady type qb (high ranked) so that is the wr/wr strategy.

what do i know though...:wacko:

i totally agree with this...i drafted at 6 in our 12 team league, and got gore. the top 4 qbs were gone in the first which allowed me to snatch up greene in the 2nd and fitz in the 3rd. my wrs could be better (fitz, bowe, wallace, breaston, vjax), but im loaded at rb (gore, greene, mathews, jstewart, dbrown). there are few stud rbs and lots of rbbcs this year. you cant go on at wideout. if you are at 12 and can land an ajohnson and moss, why not go that route? they will put up great numbers.

Im doing a little PPR draft right now online in just a $25 ESPN league and went Randy Moss and Miles Austin :unsure:

Only have 10 Teams and had 6th pick. I picked Moss over AJ just because i think he gonna be #1 WR and he on Pats. My RBs suck but not bad in PPR

1-Moss

2-Austin

3-Pierre Thomas :thumbsdown:

4-Forte

5-Romo

6-Witten

7-Crabtree

8-CJ Spiller

Wanted to try something differ. I never had gone WR/WR before or picked a TE as high as the 6th round.

I my league, finishing 6th pays the same as finishing 12th. By following the trend, you are pretty much locking yourself into a mediocre team that will just miss the playoffs. The only reason we have this "WR/WR is the way to go, man" thing is because of how many dominant FF teams were able to pull that off last year. Luckily for them, many of the early drafted WRs panned out and they were still able to grab great late round RBs such as Rice/Benson/etc.

Depending on your draft spot, you may be able to start that WR run at the end of the first round. That's fantastic, but you don't want to get caught in the middle or end of a positional run.

Went WR/WR and ended up with decent team for PPR league but should not have taken Moss at #6 dont think. Thought i could get better backs and there were good WRs left later.

Starters-

QB-Romo

RB-Pierre Thomas

RB-Forte

WR-Randy Moss

WR-Miles Austin

Flex-Crabtree or CJ Spiller

TE-Witten

Bench

RB-CJ Spiller, Arian Foster, Steve Slaton, McFadden and Maroney

WR-Malcom Floyd

QB-Kolb

:dunno:

Went WR/WR and ended up with decent team for PPR league but should not have taken Moss at #6 dont think. Thought i could get better backs and there were good WRs left later.

Starters-

QB-Romo

RB-Pierre Thomas

RB-Forte

WR-Randy Moss

WR-Miles Austin

TE-Witten

Bench

WR-Malcom Floyd

QB-Kolb

yes patsox, we saw that when you posted it less than 2 hours ago. It's as unimpressive the second time as it was the 1st. Maybe posting it again, in a different format, maybe with different font, might make it slightly more attractive...

yes patsox, we saw that when you posted it less than 2 hours ago. It's as unimpressive the second time as it was the 1st. Maybe posting it again, in a different format, maybe with different font, might make it slightly more attractive...

:first: That was hilarious. I think he may have been drinking.

:cry: actually i only posted first 8 rounds and yes it sucked and no i would not do WR/WR again so kiss it.

:cry: actually i only posted first 8 rounds and yes it sucked and no i would not do WR/WR again so kiss it.

hehe. just breaking balls patty.

WR/WR is kiss of death this year, unless its 10 teams or under where you can still grab decent options at RB...

hehe. just breaking balls patty.

WR/WR is kiss of death this year, unless its 10 teams or under where you can still grab decent options at RB...

I tried QB/WR last year in one league and it did not turn out very good either but i did still make playoffs but lost in first round. My backs ended up awful. That was in a non PPR league.

The team i got last night is not too bad for a PPR league. In all the mocks ive done so far the best results have been when i go either WR/RB or RB/WR :thumbsup:

I tried QB/WR last year in one league and it did not turn out very good either but i did still make playoffs but lost in first round. My backs ended up awful. That was in a non PPR league.

The team i got last night is not too bad for a PPR league. In all the mocks ive done so far the best results have been when i go either WR/RB or RB/WR :thumbsup:

Totally agree.....if you go rb/wr or wr/rb it allows you to have more flexibility for your 3rd round pick to take the best available or whoever falls. If you go wr/wr or rb/rb your nearly forced to take rb or wr reguardless to fill your positions imo.

Totally agree.....if you go rb/wr or wr/rb it allows you to have more flexibility for your 3rd round pick to take the best available or whoever falls. If you go wr/wr or rb/rb your nearly forced to take rb or wr reguardless to fill your positions imo.

thats actually a great point, and so self evident too. The flexibility down the road. Go wr-wr, and there might be a great value wr sitting there in the 3rd or 4th, but you can't pull the trigger. Same goes for RB-RB actually. Nice point...

Starters-

QB-Romo

RB-Pierre Thomas

RB-Forte

WR-Randy Moss

WR-Miles Austin

TE-Witten

Bench

WR-Malcom Floyd

QB-Kolb

I actually kind of like this team. Above average QB. Well above average WR corps. I like witten but you can't start three in the boys passing game. foster/slaton could be a decent RB2 if Forte doesn't pan out. Don't care much for the other RB's but a little work through the season can help that.