Sign in to follow this  
pee-diddy

folks w/ #1 pick overall

Who ya taking and why? Or who did you take and why? Also who did you take with your 2nd and 3rd picks? 10 or 12 teamer?

Sidenotes: what is Chris Johnson's contract situation (just a one-year or did he already sign a long-term deal?) Now that Favre is back and Sidney Rice is hurt, does that push ADP up past CJ? Is ADP's hammy issue making you nervous at all?

Ten Team PPR, I am taking Chris Johnson and have found most of my mock drafts more favorable taking either WR/RB or RB/RB. I have done a few mocks taking a QB with one of those picks, but I really just have not liked my team well enough to justify a QB so early.

10 teams, PPR league. I ended up taking C. Johnson. On the way back I took megatron and Ryan Matthews. By then all the top QB's were taken, so I stuck with the WR's and later ended up taking Flacco and Palmer.

Why CJ over ADP? Is it the money motivation for CJ? Was that your logic?

Dont you think Minn will lean on ADP more so now with S. Rice out for a while?

Why CJ over ADP? Is it the money motivation for CJ? Was that your logic?

Dont you think Minn will lean on ADP more so now with S. Rice out for a while?

Now I'm leaning towards AP, but the draft came before the news with Rice so it changes it up a bit. Still not sure if I made the right or wrong decision.

CJ is going to have a slowish(compared to the end of last season) start to this year.

But come playoff time give me CJ.

INDY

HOUSTON

@ KC

FANTASY GOLD>

Glad to see this topic. Pulled the #1 choice for first time in all the years I can remember playing fantasy. Haven't drafted yet in a standard, non ppr league and switching between ADP and CJ regularly. I know its just preseason but has the vikes oline in both the pass and rushing concerned anyone? Now we have the absence of Rice potentially bumping up ADP's use so who knows...

' the vikes oline in both the pass and rushing concerned anyone?'

Peterson's fumbles, violent running style and inability to pass block concern me.

Favre's ankle concerns me.

Rice's surgery concerns me.

Harvin's migraines concern me.

Yeah but less Rice and less Harvin probably only means more ADP, right? If so, what's not to like? Esp in the red zone.

If the Minn offense takes a plunge it could take AP's TD's along with it.

Listen, I understand the argument for AP #1 but my for me it's CJ.

I might take MJD over AP too(did that last year) so take my opinion with that information in mind.

If the Minn offense takes a plunge it could take AP's TD's along with it.

Listen, I understand the argument for AP #1 but my for me it's CJ.

I might take MJD over AP too(did that last year) so take my opinion with that information in mind.

taking MJD over AP would be a mistake. The Vikings could lose every offensive player and they would still probably have more firepower than the Jags.

But at this point I think I would take CJ over AP. People seem to forget that despite Favre having such a great year and there finally being a passing game in Minny that Peterson actually set a career high in TD's with 18 and career highs in receptions and receiving yards. A better passing game helps ADP.

I picked #1 overall in a .5ppr league with qb tds at 6 points, that starts 3 WRS and I thought I'd shared the good, bad and ugly from my draft along with some of my thoughts and decisions. Hope this helps some people and myself prepare as I have one more draft from the one spot coming up. I'd love any insight.

Here's my squad:

QB: Romo

RB: CJ

RB: Forte

RB/WR/TE: A. Bradshaw

WR: G. Jennings

WR: D. Bowe

WR: S. Moss

TE J. Carlson

D: Cinci, Miami

K:

B: Jaffney, L. Evans, L. Tomilnson, L. Washington, D. Avery, J. Edelman

My draft went:

1. CJ

23.G. Jennings

24. T. Romo

48. M. Forte

49. D. Bowe

S. Moss

A. Bradshaw

ect

** BASIC THOUGHTS and decisions.

CJ overall number one was easy. At the 23/24 turn was where I had my biggest decision.

Peyton was gone. All of the top top WRs were gone leaving Jennings, Colston and D. Jax. Jamal Charles, man crush, was there as the only RB I would have pulled the trigger on. I wasn't drafting Benson or someone there.

My thinking:

What I considered. Getting Charles and a WR. Going Colston/Jennings. Going Romo/Jennings(which I did)

I didn't want to miss out on a top flight QB and I was worried that if I didn't draft here, that all of the Romo, Shaub, Brady teir would be gone by my next pick. As it turns out this likely would have been the case as Shaub went just a few picks ahead of my picks at 48/49. I might have missed out on some value here but at least I didn't screw myself.

I got a top flight RB, WR(as much as I could have) and QB with my first 3 picks.

Getting my QB locked down allowed me to grab some good value in the next rounds.

I was happy locking down Forte, D. Bowe, followed by A. Bradshaw and S. Moss(who's pick drew ahhs from the crowd as everyone forgot about him.)

While the above is not the sexiest Group they are all #1 starters at their position. Bradshaw breakout year. And while I'm kicking myself about missing out on Charles or Coslton.....really would it be that big of a shock for Forte or even Bradshaw to comes close to Charles numbers? Or would it be crazy for D. Bowe to finish similar to Colston? I don't think so.

Tight ends ran early and often and when I didn't pick one in the round above all of the top 7 or so guys were gone. So I waited and nabbed Carlson late. He ended the year with 4 tds. Could be a sleeper but he's no Finley.

Guys any thoughts on my strategy, team, or what you would have done differently?

Also, which WR do I need to drop to make room for a kicker? Looking like D. Avery. I like Edelman's upside if Welker is out.

Just as an example here's how my 14 team non PPR league went.

1. CJ2k

2. Roddy White

3. Calvin Johnson

4. J. Best

5. J. Cutler(hated this pick but the top 6 plus Kolb and Flacco were off the board....wasn't gonna end up with a Ryan or Farve situation...boom or bust)

6. M. Bush

7. R. Bush ( i think i got great value with both bushes...even in a non ppr league)

8. TO

9. Armashodu

10. O. Daniels(great if healthy)

11. S. Rice(putting on IR first 8-9 weeks)

12. D. Keller

13. Saints D

14. L Briggs.

15. D. Akers

Thoughts on this team? HATE OR LOVE!!!