Sign in to follow this  
P.I.

Denver WR Thomas

I picked this kid up this week. I'm in dire need of a consistent WR3 and I think Thomas can be that guy.

I'm in the same boat. That WR3 has killed me the first 2 weeks. If I can get 10-15 points, I'm happy.

Saw six targets today and a couple were in the red zone... almost came down with acrobatic catch for a TD late... problem is he hurt his arm or wrist on that play... Anyone have an update????

Saw six targets today and a couple were in the red zone... almost came down with acrobatic catch for a TD late... problem is he hurt his arm or wrist on that play... Anyone have an update????

You forgot to mention the route he cut short, which ended up as an interception. At least he got back to make the tackle. He better work on his game, many more like that and Opie will cut him off...

You forgot to mention the route he cut short, which ended up as an interception. At least he got back to make the tackle. He better work on his game, many more like that and Opie will cut him off...

I didn't see the whole game.... So I can't comment on his mistakes... Which I'm sure he had and will continue to have.... My question pertained to his health rather than his overall performance on Sunday.... It appears u have no help for me there.... Plus I believe I have my answer now...

Sounds like he will be fine but we will have to monitor the situation throughout the week. I'll admit that I might be hesitant to start him though if the injury report hints that he still have some pain in his wrist come Sunday.

I didn't see the whole game.... So I can't comment on his mistakes... Which I'm sure he had and will continue to have.... My question pertained to his health rather than his overall performance on Sunday.... It appears u have no help for me there.... Plus I believe I have my answer now...

Sorry, I'm no Doogie Howser for sure. You made some comments on his performance. The one play that stuck out the most to me, considering the kid's development level, is the play where he cut off the route and Opie threw the pick. First of all, and more importantly, Opie looked friggin pissed. Most QB's get that way when INT's are charged to them because of bonehead plays by the reciever. Oh, and what's the odds the mistake was Ortons? Exactly.

Look, the kid has mad talents and physical gifts. What he doesn't have is the experience and positional savvy to run crisp routes, or to pick up hot reads and adjust accordingly. That's why I felt it important to point that out, and not the fact he had joe bag of donuts for catches and yards. That wasn't important. What IS important is that Opie was lasered in on the kid last week. A few more bonehead plays and Opie will start lookign elsewhere, talent or not.

I'm not as worried about a wrist injury with the kid as I am the screws he has in his foot. At one point in camp they were worried those screws had backed out. Something like that is obviously a serious injury. A wrist injury? If it's broke maybe, but look at how quickly Steve Smith of Carolina came back from a break in his arm. I'm worried about that foot. What's ridiculous is that we're probably looking at the situation from different angles. I've got the kid in a keeper league, and you may not. For me, provided his development goes well, what he does this year is less important than a long term injury with that foot.

Sorry, I'm no Doogie Howser for sure. You made some comments on his performance. The one play that stuck out the most to me, considering the kid's development level, is the play where he cut off the route and Opie threw the pick. First of all, and more importantly, Opie looked friggin pissed. Most QB's get that way when INT's are charged to them because of bonehead plays by the reciever. Oh, and what's the odds the mistake was Ortons? Exactly.

Look, the kid has mad talents and physical gifts. What he doesn't have is the experience and positional savvy to run crisp routes, or to pick up hot reads and adjust accordingly. That's why I felt it important to point that out, and not the fact he had joe bag of donuts for catches and yards. That wasn't important. What IS important is that Opie was lasered in on the kid last week. A few more bonehead plays and Opie will start lookign elsewhere, talent or not.

I'm not as worried about a wrist injury with the kid as I am the screws he has in his foot. At one point in camp they were worried those screws had backed out. Something like that is obviously a serious injury. A wrist injury? If it's broke maybe, but look at how quickly Steve Smith of Carolina came back from a break in his arm. I'm worried about that foot. What's ridiculous is that we're probably looking at the situation from different angles. I've got the kid in a keeper league, and you may not. For me, provided his development goes well, what he does this year is less important than a long term injury with that foot.

He will be a beast, but not this year. Expect growing pains. He is not the safest play on Denver, and I own him.