Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

What player is Vick worth in a trade?

I traded Vick and Moreno for Romo and Spiller...league scoring is based on hitting 70 yards rushing and 200 passing as minimum thresholds for points...Vick kills in this format when he has a game of 185 passing and 60 rushing---

I am shopping him for a 20-30 type receiver...already rejected for M. Floyd...now set my sights on E. Royal and some other dud ! :unsure:

That's crazy talk. Hold tight.

I am shopping him for a 20-30 type receiver...already rejected for M. Floyd...now set my sights on E. Royal and some other dud ! :unsure:

It's statements like this that make me think I should play in 2 QB leagues. Malcolm Floyd worth more than Vick? That's just nuts.

It's statements like this that make me think I should play in 2 QB leagues. Malcolm Floyd worth more than Vick? That's just nuts.

I really prefer the 2 QB league format (assuming you have 10 teams or less). I'm shopping Vick around for a s. Jackson type. This one guy has orton, bradford and cambell as his 3 qb's....ouch!!! Really helps elevate the most important position in football. In our redraft we had 4 qb's 5 rb's and 1 wr go in the 1st round. I think once you try it you agree that it's more fun.

Got him for Mike Sims-Walker. Owner who picked him up had Brees. Both were bench players to us.

Vick owner offered Vick and Nate Washington for Miles Austin. Uh, no.

I traded with a different owner for McNabb. Gave Nicks and Hasselbeck for McNabb, CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch and Dez Bryant.

It is almost impossible to trade Vick for proper value right now.He has a lot of offensive weapons around him and If he keeps the job he will likely average around 225 yards passing, 50-60 yards rushing, and throw or run for 2-3 touchdowns eack week. In most formats that will be 20-25 fantasy points and puts him easily in top ten status at QB. Ideally that would bring a top 15 receiver or back but right now no one will bite on that. The concern over his job security,his time away from the game, and his accuracy in the past will keep people underbidding him.If you are a Vick owner and are comfortable with him long term, then you need to trade one of your other QB(one quarterback leagues) for corresponding value. Anyone with Vick likely has a decently ranked QB who was their intended starter before Vick became a starter. You almost have to trade that QB to get a decent ranked WR or RB or keep 2 good QB's for depth.

Vick was the most hyped QB in fantasy football history that never really lived up to his draft status. This cannot be denied.

Also, the Bulger name got me thinking. Has anybody came out of nowhere, to be a stud, to then fall off the face of the earth faster than Marc Bulger?

How did the Vick hype pan out this year?

I traded Vick and Moreno for Romo and Spiller...league scoring is based on hitting 70 yards rushing and 200 passing as minimum thresholds for points...Vick kills in this format when he has a game of 185 passing and 60 rushing---

:doh:

I picked up Vick early and never looked back.

Held on to him through the injury... for just such an occasion (as his outstanding play of late)

As I once posted... It would take 5 hot virgins and a beer for me to give up Vick!

I wouldn't trade Vick and I have Brees and Brady on the bench. I picked up Vick this year on the waver wire and held on to him over the 2 week injury period. My league is a 4 point passing touchdown league so Vick is definately the #1 player in the league. Brady or Brees are expendable, and I'll take a top tier running back for one of them, but not Vick. Vick will be on the winning championship team in week 16. Only a fool would trade him going into week 16.

I wouldn't trade Vick and I have Brees and Brady on the bench. I picked up Vick this year on the waver wire and held on to him over the 2 week injury period. My league is a 4 point passing touchdown league so Vick is definately the #1 player in the league. Brady or Brees are expendable, and I'll take a top tier running back for one of them, but not Vick. Vick will be on the winning championship team in week 16. Only a fool would trade him going into week 16.

How do you have Brees AND Brady??? Do you play with retards? Or did you pick quarterbacks with your first 2 pics in which case YOU are the retard!

With Vick... just a waiver timing thing but where was the Kolb owner?