Sign in to follow this  
nos23

foster or jamal charles

I own Charles and defended him all preseason and believe he will be a top 12 fantasy back this year.

That said, Foster has a shot at the top 5. Gotta keep Foster on this one.

Charles............ he has less upside :rolleyes:

Not really sure how he has 'less' upside? He's currently 7th in the league in rushing yards, 8th in the league in receiving yards, and is top 12 in my ppr league right now. He is acheiving all this despite only receiving around 40% of the carries and has a 7.0 ypc. His workload will obviously increase as the season progresses as theres no way it'll possibly decrease. He'll finish as the obvious #1 RB in Kansas City and you can only imagine what his numbers will be. Oh yeah, he also plays San Diego, St Louis, Tennessee and Oakland in the fantasy playoffs, in that order. Do you want him to be a top 5 RB the first 4 games of the year or the last 4 games of the year? I'll take production come playoff time!

Per Yahoo! Sports:

Over three games, Charles has touched the ball 39 times and produced 330 yards and a touchdown. That's easy math for the per-game average of 13 touches for 110 yards each week. There's no question he's the most explosive part of the Kansas City offense. Three games into the 2009, Charles had touched the ball 17 times for 107 yards. Now that's skewed because he as a healthy inactive for the second game of the year. But through the season's first eight games, he was averaging less than six touches per game. Over the last eight games, he averaged 23 touches per game as he put together a seasons of 1,417 offensive yards.

(Yahoo! Sports)

Also, if you're trying to 'deal' one of them I'm pretty sure in most leagues you can get a GREAT value for Foster. Maybe not so high for Charles right now.

cool i was offerd roddy white for foster

I think White has the best chance of any WR to end up top 3 this year...

i hope so i just pulled the trigger. foster and louis murphey for roddy white and ronnie brown.

Yeah, the list of players with more upside than JC is pretty small, and Foster is not on it. Foster definitely has more value in trades right now though, dealing him for White sounds like a nice move to me.

Also, if you're trying to 'deal' one of them I'm pretty sure in most leagues you can get a GREAT value for Foster. Maybe not so high for Charles right now.

This :thumbsup:

If you're talking about trade VALUE right now...you clearly trade Foster? Is it risky? Absolutely - Charles may never get enough touches to be a true #1. But as an owner, I almost feel disappointed with Charles so far...AND HE'S THE #12 RB IN FANTASY! On 13 touches per game! Once KC starts losing/almost losing games - Haley will be forced to give him more touches.

I do think both Foster and Charles have similar upsides...Foster with a slightly better floor though. But since you can get much more for Foster right now, he's the guy you trade.

Sidenote: Why not just hold on to both? You could have the best 1-2 punch come week 8.

i hope so i just pulled the trigger. foster and louis murphey for roddy white and ronnie brown.

Nice work there!

i would have loved to keep both of them but my wrs where killing me and i have very good talent at rb that hasnt produced yet. afer trading foster and murphey my team looks like this

culter

rice

charles

d wiilliams

r brown

bush

moss

nicks

white

wallace

hester

royal