Sign in to follow this  
Giants Fan

What top ranked WRs are doing well?

Who needs wide receivers when you have Antonio Gates? :headbanger:

In all seriousness though, I went late on WRs more just because of how things fell, so I can't complain about lackluster WR studs. Got a steal on Welker in the 5th, besides that it has been a mess, Garcon, Mason, Gaffney, always picking the wrong person to start.

Every year, my first pick in the 2nd round is Reggie Wayne.

He gets a taste, always!

Is everyone having the same issues? Are teams spreading the ball around more?

I drafted Moss, Colston, MSW, Aromashodu and Celek. I used my #1 waiver priority after week 1 on BJax instead of Austin Collie. I dropped Aromashodu for D. Thomas. Worst year ever.

It's a tough year when I'm looking at Mark Clayton in St. Louis and thinking, "whew, glad I have him to start every week".

But yeah, on the stud front, it's been murder. Andre Johnson gets hurt, Moss gets old and disinterested, Fitzgerald has no QB, Calvin Johnson (as usual) has no QB, Colston is lost among many in New Orleans, Sidney Rice gets blasted for half a season, Vincent Jackson holds out and gets flushed, Steve Smith in Carolina has no QB, and the list goes on and on. So many injuries, holdouts, changing QB situations...it's been a transition year. 2011 will have new names on the stud list.

These are the top scorers so far in my league:

#1 Austin Collie - 68

#2 Reggie Wayne - 55

#3 Tie Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Lloyd - 51

#5 Tie Eddie Royal and C. Johnson - 45

#7 Tie Kevin Walter T. Owens, and Braylon Edwards - 43

#10 Tie J. Maclin, Donald Driver and Brandon Marshal - 41

So I guess Wayne hasn't been horrible .... but Colston, Moss, both Steve Smith's and a lot of other highly ranked WRs just aren't putting up the numbers.

Miles Austin has looked great except for the last game, and he still came within a few inches of scoring. I still think he finishes top 5 for WR's

Miles Austin has looked great except for the last game, and he still came within a few inches of scoring. I still think he finishes top 5 for WR's

Miles Austin has 38 in my league. Cribbs has 37.

Roddy mfing White!!

Hasn't not produced a #1 WR stat line yet. :pointstosky:

Late second round pick for me and by far my most consistent player. Guy's a focking baller who got me an extra 2 points as part of the Atlanta DEF last week after the Matt Ryan pick.

It does *seem* that a lot of the top guys are struggling. It also *seems* like there is ..GULP.. more WRBC this year. Its still sort of early though and if the studs have 3-4 breakout weeks then all will be forgiven. If this continues though and guys like Austin Collie lead the league in TD's...then yeah...that BLOWS!

There are some top WRs though that are likely doomed permanently:

Colston - Good focking luck with him. The Saints arent as powerful as years prior ANd its truly a WRBC over there

Fitzgerald - Yukky QB situations kill great WRs

Ocho Chinco - Lousy passing attack and Owens are killing him

We shall see.