Sign in to follow this  
Jonny_P

Why not Projection for Woodhead?

I don't see Danny Woodhead anywhere in the projections or rankings this week. I checked the NE-SD game preview to be sure, and he's not projected for any stats. Was this just an oversight? He's surely fantasy-relevant.

I expect Woodhead to out-perform BJGE this week in PPR (and even perhaps in regular scoring). He's an excellent RB3/flex IMO.

One problem with any expert rankings/projections is that while PPR is really the predominent fantasy scoring system, many experts only consider regular scoring for weekly projections.

This has always skewed weekly rankings/projections away from guys like Woodhead. BTW, Sporles is also an excellent flex option again this week, and I expect about 6 receptions from him with the injuries to the SD receiving corps.

I left Woodhead out of the projections, but I'll revisit him in the update on Friday night. He's fantasy relevant but I would consider him to be in the bottom third of RBs this week.

The reason he was left out is because a lot of the guys who do these projections don't really know as much as you think they know. Everyone who knows football knows Woody is VERY relevant. Hasn't he scored in double figures three weeks in a row? Do you really think NE is in love with the Law Firm?

If you need 10, he is your man. I'll bet he outperforms Ryan Mathews again, but every week these experts pick Mathews in the top 20. My advice, stop listening to these experts and follow it yourself or follow your gut/instincts more.