Sign in to follow this  
cdogge

Trade Mendy?

I own him in two leagues, but can't move him because by now its painfully clear his value is diminished with roethlisberger. You're either going to move him for mid level talent at best or hope that he can produce some numbers again. I'm stuck with the latter, so hopefully hines ward is healthy and the steelers start balancing their offense

I'm going to hold on to him for the same reason I think he has value in a trade:

3 of the next four teams Pit faces are in the bottom half against the run.

Same boat. But the "experts" say he's gonna light it up from here on out based on schedule. He hasn't really been a bust. Only had three really bad weeks. Good RB2. And he might just explode. Who knows?

yeah, and he was supposed to light up New England's soft defense. Here's the scoop on the Steelers, their offense isn't as good as it was last year. If they had the same 4 starters on the O-line aside from the addition of Pouncey, they'd be pretty damned good. Ben's not getting sacked at the same rate he was (well, until the Pats danced on him) but they're not passing for as many yards per game, or per attempt as they were last year, and their running game is up only nominally. Plus there's the fact that their offensive coord (Arians) flat out sucks. All these things make Mendenhall a decent #2 back, but not much more...and this is coming from a Steelers fan.