Sign in to follow this  
Recliner Pilot

Why did we give Bin Laden a Muslim funeral?

I don't know about the 99% figure; I just know that the majority of the Muslim world is more sympathetic to terrorists than they are Western values and culture.

How in tarnation do you know this? Secret e-mails?

Although I don't think most Muslims care for the U.S. (or our values/culture), this is different than saying they are more sympathetic to terrorists. This is akin to assuming most people who don't support evolution are evangelical fundamentalists.

You said libs made the claim that 99 percent are peaceful - a lie just like your bet, welching jerkoff.

I said I threw that out for illustrative puposes, moron. Your reading still sukks. It took a few pages for amyone to ask about it. Tell ya what Chimpy, go fetch the real number.

Fetch!

I think we need to isolate OBL's actions vs. the muslim burial. I would guess that the majority of Muslims do not support what OBL did.

The burial... I can't think of a perfect analogy, but here goes: say some whackjob killed a bunch of Muslims in the name of Christianity, and the Muslims found him and killed him. Most people probably wouldn't care. Say however that before they killed him, they got him to renounce Jesus as his lord and savior. There'd be a whole lotta Christians pissed about it, and rightfully so, because they believe that that is his only path to salvation.

i believe his points are:

1.) that the administration/media has overdramatized the pro-democracy sentiment of the average middle easterner, and the whole 'silent majority'.

2.) In support of #1, he comments as how the internation reaction to the death doesn't seem overly positive.

3.) He finds it ironic that there would be an outcry for someone who disrespected his religion to be buried in a religious manner, perhaps he is considered more a martyr of sorts which is why the us didn't want a burial site.

Liberals then respond how wonderful the decision making was blah blah blah...

His whole argument is based on the false premise that liberals believe most of the Muslim world wish us well. In reality we all recognize Obama's comments - like similar comments by Bush over the years - as essentially public relations to the moderate Muslim world, and I think they were both correct in that approach.

I think we need to isolate OBL's actions vs. the muslim burial. I would guess that the majority of Muslims do not support what OBL did.

The burial... I can't think of a perfect analogy, but here goes: say some whackjob killed a bunch of Muslims in the name of Christianity, and the Muslims found him and killed him. Most people probably wouldn't care. Say however that before they killed him, they got him to renounce Jesus as his lord and savior. There'd be a whole lotta Christians pissed about it, and rightfully so, because they believe that that is his only path to salvation.

its good enough, i agree... my point was that in their wacked out view we did the equivilent of dressing him up as a mascot, stick a jehovahs witness pamplet in his pocket and announcing we gave him a proper christian burial...

Jerry, I don't think your analogy works. As a Christian, I would say this guy lost his chance at Heaven by being a mass murderer, not by being forced to renounce his religion.

Also, I haven't heard that the Seals forced Osama to renounce Islam before plugging him. But hey, the story changes every day so mebbe that will be the administration's Friday version.

His whole argument is based on the false premise that liberals believe most of the Muslim world wish us well.

Holy sh!t! You are dumb.

You made this claim earlier, I shot it down. So, show everone where I made this claim or continue to expose your lies post after post.

Geez, a box of rocks has more going for it than you.

Jerry, I don't think your analogy works. As a Christian, I would say this guy lost his chance at Heaven by being a mass murderer, not by being forced to renounce his religion.

Also, I haven't heard that the Seals forced Osama to renounce Islam before plugging him. But hey, the story changes every day so mebbe that will be the administration's Friday version.

Many Christians would tell you that if OBL accepted Jesus and renounced his sins before he died, he would attain salvation.

Also, I never said the Seals did that. I was trying to come up with an analogy (which I said wasn't perfect) to show... eh, nevermind.

We've been told for years Islam is the religion of peace and thatvterrorists are a tiny fraction of the religion. I just took that and came up with a 99 to 1 ratio. I have no idea if anyone has come up with an exact figure. It's for illustration purposes only.

Point of the thread is: If this is true, that Islam is peaceful and real Muslims condemn the terrorists, why would real Muslims want some guy who perverted their religion treated as if he was a real Muslim? Seems real Muslims would want him dead, and say ratsass to whatever was done with the body. We are at war with terrorists.....er, Overseas Enemy Combatants, not Islam.

Furthermore, they would be celebrating. Very few have, more have condemned us.

Seems this whole Islam is peaceful/only a fraction are off the reservation is a load of sh!t. Everone knows it, yet Obama and his minions keep shoveling it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKacGTJ6-W4

:wave:

Obama and his minions aren't the only ones shoveling it.

Many Christians would tell you that if OBL accepted Jesus and renounced his sins before he died, he would attain salvation.

Also, I never said the Seals did that. I was trying to come up with an analogy (which I said wasn't perfect) to show... eh, nevermind.

you are 100% correct saying many Christians would say OBL would receive salvation on that scenario. I'm not that good of a Christian.

Also, there is no perfect analogy. The differences between the two religions is too vast, but I give you an A for effort. :cheers:

Never said they were. I said it's been going on for years, and Obama keeps shoveling it.

Thanks for stopping by, Broccoli Butt.

It's more like cottage cheese. But thanks for caring. :wub:

I'd never make the claim that 90% of the Muslim world is more sympathetic to the US than to terrorists, but now I think you're overstating your case in the opposite direction.

I dunno. I think the circumstantial evidence we have points to the Muslim world as a whole being more sympathetic to Islamist terrorists than they are to us. There is a whole lot of not turning in terrorist activity within countries which house known terrorists, including a poll which shows that most Pakistanis do not believe that Osama was a terrorist (a link which I cannot find now, but was read through a link provided in this forearm).

I did find this, though:

Who says Osama is a terrorist, ask Muslim religious leaders

I think these statements from the Obama and Bush administrations about Islam being a religion of peace etc. is mostly PR and part of a war on terror that's larger than just military intervention.

I think it's PR as well. Bush made a mistake saying it; Obama's proclamation is even more cloudy. I think it would have been more accurate if Bush had said Islam is a religion with millions of followers who ignore its violent message.

No one who repents is denied the kingdom of Heaven, according to Christian tenets.

That would be interesting to know.

Link??? :wub:

hahahahahahahaha. That's all I need to do to land you is say I have cottage cheese butt. :lol:

hahahahahahahaha. That's all I need to do to land you is say I have cottage cheese butt. :lol:

:lol:

You had me landed as soon as I found out you were a real female.:wub:

:lol:

You had me landed as soon as I found out you were a real female.:wub:

It's good to have standards. :cheers:

I dunno. I think the circumstantial evidence we have points to the Muslim world as a whole being more sympathetic to Islamist terrorists than they are to us.

It wouldn't surprise me if that's true but it's hard to quantify. I'd guess that most Muslims in the middle east don't like the US for whatever reason but that doesn't necessarily translate into support for bin Laden or groups like al Qaida.

I think it's PR as well. Bush made a mistake saying it; Obama's proclamation is even more cloudy. I think it would have been more accurate if Bush had said Islam is a religion with millions of followers who ignore its violent message.

I agree with the approach because Bush and Obama aren't speaking to the terrorist sympathizers out there, they're speaking to Muslims who could go either way. Bin Laden and others have been preaching that the US are Crusaders at war with all of Islam - why give any credence to their talking points? It's counterproductive to our goals.

Good post, and that's about as close an analogy as you're probably going to get.