Sign in to follow this  
Mookz

Gocolts' back

...hasn't been washed in ages. :unsure:

gocolts, do you have an HDTV?

I do have an HDTV. 55 inch. Cable isn't in HD though.

I do have an HDTV. 55 inch. Cable isn't in HD though.

Yep, that's why I was wondering. I'm assuming you were watching a lot of over-the-air HD before you got cable. Now that you've screwed in the coax, have you just given up on watching any shows in HD? Or do you have a way of switching back and forth between basic cable and over-the-air HD pretty easily? I'd like to get an HDTV, but I don't want to pay for HD cable channels right now. But exclusively watching non-HD cable channels on an HDTV seems like a waste. I'd like to be able to switch to over-the-air HD quickly and without getting off my lazy butt. Do you have a way of doing this? I've tried researching it on the web but I must be a complete moron.

Yep, that's why I was wondering. I'm assuming you were watching a lot of over-the-air HD before you got cable. Now that you've screwed in the coax, have you just given up on watching any shows in HD? Or do you have a way of switching back and forth between basic cable and over-the-air HD pretty easily? I'd like to get an HDTV, but I don't want to pay for HD cable channels right now. But exclusively watching non-HD cable channels on an HDTV seems like a waste. I'd like to be able to switch to over-the-air HD quickly and without getting off my lazy butt. Do you have a way of doing this? I've tried researching it on the web but I must be a complete moron.

I just unhooked the antenna when I got the cable. So I don't know for sure. There is only one coax connection on the back of my TV, so I could prolly just use an A/B switch. I will try to get it set up tomorrow and let you know the results. I am still figuring out all the new sh1t.

I just unhooked the antenna when I got the cable. So I don't know for sure. There is only one coax connection on the back of my TV, so I could prolly just use an A/B switch. I will try to get it set up tomorrow and let you know the results. I am still figuring out all the new sh1t.

Yeah, it always comes back to that durned A/B switch. But that would pretty much mean getting up and walking over to the TV. I'm a flipper, though. I want there to be a way to do it through the remote(s). Maybe there's an HDTV out there that has two coax inputs on the back that count as different sources. My parents have one that's a few years old that has two, but I don't know that the newer ones do. But yeah, let me know what you figure out. :thumbsup:

Yeah, it always comes back to that durned A/B switch. But that would pretty much mean getting up and walking over to the TV. I'm a flipper, though. I want there to be a way to do it through the remote(s). Maybe there's an HDTV out there that has two coax inputs on the back that count as different sources. My parents have one that's a few years old that has two, but I don't know that the newer ones do. But yeah, let me know what you figure out. :thumbsup:

I used a coax splitter and just reversed it and it worked. Didn't have to get up. However, I had some major signal loss on the cableTV side. My cableTV runs through a DVR too, so that might make a difference. Antenna looked good, but cableTV was snowy. My cableTV is digital, not HD, but still looks real good.

You might be able to use one of those digital antenna converter boxes for TVs without HD. You can still run your cableTV with the old coax and use the converter box's RCA cables to get the antenna to the TV through RCA jacks. Then, you could just hit the button on your remote to switch it back and forth.