Sign in to follow this  
Evil Genius

Trade Retrospectus

Two years ago in a Dynasty money league I traded Maclin, Wallace, Freeman and Witten for Rodgers.

and Lee Evans :ninja:

Last year I won a championship with A-Rod at the helm, but I can't help but think I would love to reverse the deal these days, considering the blisteringly bright future of those four guys.

In the short-term, I won, BIG. In the long-term, I lose, BIG.

What's the trade you've made that you most regret or appreciate in this light?

Two years ago in a Dynasty money league I traded Maclin, Wallace, Freeman and Witten for Rodgers.

and Lee Evans :ninja:

Last year I won a championship with A-Rod at the helm, but I can't help but think I would love to reverse the deal these days, considering the blisteringly bright future of those four guys.

In the short-term, I won, BIG. In the long-term, I lose, BIG.

What's the trade you've made that you most regret or appreciate in this light?

Depends on your depth. If you're struggling to fill your lineup (especially at WR), then yeah, you probably lost that deal.

But it's hard to lose a deal that won you a championship. While Freeman should be good, I don't think he'll ever be more than just a serviceable starter, while A. Rodgers should be top3 for the next 7-10 years.

Depends on your depth. If you're struggling to fill your lineup (especially at WR), then yeah, you probably lost that deal.

But it's hard to lose a deal that won you a championship. While Freeman should be good, I don't think he'll ever be more than just a serviceable starter, while A. Rodgers should be top3 for the next 7-10 years.

Fair enough.

Do you have any deals yourself that you either regret or would take back, based on big developments in the meantime?

Fair enough.

Do you have any deals yourself that you either regret or would take back, based on big developments in the meantime?

Not too many, I've been fortunate to win most of my trades. Even as a 3-time reigning champ, I've made plenty of mistakes. Drafted/reached for Hakeem Nicks this season...then over-thought it and benched him week 1. Had the #1 WW priority when Peyton Hillis went off, looked at his schedule and passed :unsure:

Best trade made

Reggie Wayne for Mike Wallace, a 1rst, and a 2nd. Made it the week before Big Ben came back from his suspension last season.

Worst trade

Drew Brees for Marion Barber and Bernard Berrian. I was set at QB and was looking to add a starting RB and a receiver coming off a breakout season :cry:

Best trade made

Reggie Wayne for Mike Wallace, a 1rst, and a 2nd. Made it the week before Big Ben came back from his suspension last season.

Worst trade

Drew Brees for Marion Barber and Bernard Berrian. I was set at QB and was looking to add a starting RB and a receiver coming off a breakout season :cry:

YIKES! what year did you make that trade? :banana:

Best trade made

Worst trade

Marion Barber kind of bit me in a trade as well.

On draft day 2007, i traded Brian Westbrook (one of my 3 keepers) and a 4th rounder for a 1st and 3rd. I used the 1st on Joseph Addai and the 3rd on Marion Barber. Neither player was great, Westbrook was. I lost in the title game.

Darren McFadden for Demaryius Thomas, week 2 last year

Arian Foster for Golden Tate and Arrelious Benn, preseason last year.

OOPS!!!

OOPS!!!

in my dynasty I Traded Wayne and Mcnabb (2 games before the end of game benching) for Rivers and Bowe, I think I won that one huge and still haev the other owner telling me he was drunk when he pulled the trigger and I took advantage!! :overhead:

OOPS!!!

we'll let you know once a new opening is available in our league

:ninja: