Sign in to follow this  
bwillingham

Keeper - Vick or R. Rice

Who would you guys keep between Ray Rice and Michael Vick? If it were a standard scoring league, I would go with Rice, but my league scoring is as follows:

1 pt/25 yards passing

10 pt bonus at 300+ yards passing

1 pt/10 yards rushing or receiving

10 pt bonus at 100+ yards rushing or receiving

ALL TDS WORTH 10 POINTS

So it is TD heavy but with the bonuses. Using the cheetsheet compiler and the projections from fftoday, they are ranked pretty closely...

Thanks in advance for any thoughts. I'll respond to yours in kind.

First of all, I have to preface it with the fact that I find it VERY difficult to find pleasant things to say about Vick. The guy is a ghetto azz POS that would have done major time had he been a Joe Shmo instead of an ultra wealthy celebrity athlete. Yea, I know, "he served his time". Blah, blah, friggin blah. Casey Anthony spent 3some odd years in jail during that whole mess and ur gonna find few people that want to see her do well! So, I think it's pretty clear I can't stand the guy, so it pains me to say he's probably got a slight edge on Rice here. He's gonna get more TDs so with TDs being with so much points in your league, that probably tips the scales. that and the bonus at 300yds that Rice won't get. But....... Rice will get receiving yds as he's a gifted receiver outta the back field.Rice also plays in an easier division with only one stellar defense in the Steelers, whereas, Vick plays in the NFC East where all of the teams in the divisions have pretty darn solid Ds and is traditionally one of the toughest divisions in football. Rice has a young, gifted up and coming QB leading the team, but Vick has young talented receivers, so that's probably pretty even. They are pretty close in standard scoring leagues, but in your league I suppose you Vick has the potential to get you more points. Good luck! I'm glad it's not me, cuz if it were my team,Vick wouldn't even sniff my roster, cuz i cant bring myself to root FOR a disgusting human being like that every weekend during football season!!!!!

I agree with all your comments on Vick. It pained me to even pick him up last year, but my two drafted QBs (Kolb and Stafford) went down in week 1. From a fantasy perspective, Vick was incredible. But he is a horrible person.

Thanks for the comments though.

TD's worth 10 pts? :shocking:

That favors QB's, especially one who can run & throw them; keep VICK!

and try to grab Rice in the re-draft...

Do any of the free agent signings change the thought process here? McClain and McGahee gone, plus a solid blocking fullback makes me lean towards Rice.

What do all the additions to the Philadelphia defense do to Vick's value? if teams can't pass, will they try to run and control the ball/clock thereby limiting offensive series for Vick? Will the Philadelphia offensive coaching staff be more conservative in their play-calling because of their strong defense? Just some thoughts to ponder...

I'll buck the trend. I'd keep Rice.

1.) Vick is overhyped and will likely have difficulty duplicating last season let alone improving on it.

2.) Vonte Leach should make it easier for Rice to run.

3.) The TD vultures are gone from the Ravens of a year ago.

Rice has always gotten the yardage and with the retooling of the Ravens, I think this year he gets the TDs too. Vick, I'll be surprised if he plays 10 games this year. I don't like the injury risk he poses knowing that every defense in the league wants a piece of him.

First of all, I have to preface it with the fact that I find it VERY difficult to find pleasant things to say about Vick. The guy is a ghetto azz POS that would have done major time had he been a Joe Shmo instead of an ultra wealthy celebrity athlete. Yea, I know, "he served his time". Blah, blah, friggin blah. Casey Anthony spent 3some odd years in jail during that whole mess and ur gonna find few people that want to see her do well! So, I think it's pretty clear I can't stand the guy,

I am not sure how you can compare Casey Anthony to Mike Vick... thats a little overboard!!

that said he is a POS!!

But keep him in a league with those rules! really no matter what the scoring you keep him..

But is Vick that much better on a per game basis than say, Philip Rivers, who I could probably pick up in the 2nd?

You can only start one QB, but 2 RBs. Is the drop-off between RBs more than the drop-off between Vick and the lower Tier 1 QBs or higher Tier 2 QBs?

Ray Lewis killed a guy quite a few years back, wonder if you guys would refuse to draft the Ravens D in its heyday because of that? And honestly, who cares about your belief system when it comes to fantasy football. Just answer the guy's question. And if you refuse to draft someone in FANTASY football because you don't like them, have fun missing out on the playoffs every year.

Go with Vick. But like another said, try to get Rice in the re-draft.

My link

if you had the 4th pick in a redraft who would you take? I would take Rice all day long!!! QB is DEEP and Vick is a risk I won't be taking

First of all, I have to preface it with the fact that I find it VERY difficult to find pleasant things to say about Vick. The guy is a ghetto azz POS that would have done major time had he been a Joe Shmo instead of an ultra wealthy celebrity athlete.

This is simply not true. Not that I condone what Vick did, but random Joe Shmos have been caught engaged in such activities and they don't even serve time. Right or wrong, it is Vick's celebrity that put him into the pokey.

Yea, I know, "he served his time". Blah, blah, friggin blah. Casey Anthony spent 3some odd years in jail during that whole mess and ur gonna find few people that want to see her do well!

And, the Casey Anthony comparison is tortured at best.

As for the substance of the question here, I would go with Vick. I am a little down on Rice this year. I think he is going to break down, and the Ravens O is going to sputter. It is really just a feeling. I am little concerned about Vick too, actually. I think defenses will have caught up to him a bit this year. But, believe it or not, I am more concerned about Rice than Vick. And, heck, Vick might post about 1,000 yards rushing on top of solid passing numbers.