Sign in to follow this  
touchdowntwitaker

Jared Cook - late round flier

Im not trying to say anything crazy, but did anyone see that TEN MINN game. yeah it was pre season, but this guy is ungaurdable ala Finley. I checked his stats late in the season and he was getting a lot of targets and put up a couple nice games. Hasselbeck can lean on him and they even got rid of Scaife so this guy is the man. Does anyone see this guy being top 10? Why not with Britt on the outside and Johnson in the backfield. No LB can stay with this guy. If vernon can do it in crumy SF, this guy has a chance. And new coach, so we cant judge him based on a Fisher offense..

Thoughts please????

Im not trying to say anything crazy, but did anyone see that TEN MINN game. yeah it was pre season, but this guy is ungaurdable ala Finley. I checked his stats late in the season and he was getting a lot of targets and put up a couple nice games. Hasselbeck can lean on him and they even got rid of Scaife so this guy is the man. Does anyone see this guy being top 10? Why not with Britt on the outside and Johnson in the backfield. No LB can stay with this guy. If vernon can do it in crumy SF, this guy has a chance. And new coach, so we cant judge him based on a Fisher offense..

Thoughts please????

I like him and yes, he did come on strong late last season, which is an important indicator to me. I have heard his name mentioned on various "sleeper" lists. The only thing that concerns me is Hass. He didn't exactly make a star out of Carlson, who is a talented TE, and also Craig Stevens is still in the mix in Tenn, as well. Luckily, he is a guy that we can keep our eye on as he will be available as a free agent following most drafts unless he totally blows up this preseason.

Yeah, I like him. I could see myself taking him.

:pointstosky:

In the local paper, the coaching staff is quoted as saying they consider him "a potent offensive weapon." Here is the article.

Link

I was very pleased to see they had him split out wide in the preseason game. I suspect that he will be in the slot a lot, and Stevens and the other guy, who are better blockers, will be tight.

I'm gonna take a flier on him as my backup (to Daniels).

Thank you for the link to the article. How can you not take a chance on him when they line him up all over the field. I'm no Matt Hasselbeck lover - but hes like McNabb to me - He can make other players relevant in fantasy around him.. If Hasselbeck can do it for Mike Williams - He sure can do it for Britt and Cooke. And he didn't have a CJ in the backfield last year either. I like Britt and COOKE for their value in drafts.. These are both guys that can come out of nowhere and be a huge force this year in fantasy