Sign in to follow this  
sheadtoo

Any of you guys still use Yahoo?

And if you do, have you had problems drafting or Mock drafting? And did you find a fix?

I know Yahoo sucks

This is my 4th year in a league that uses yahoo and it works just fine for a free site as far as i am concerned.

Have used Yahoo in two of my leagues for 8 years and 5 years. Never had a problem. For a free league it is perfectly fine. We do an offline draft though and the commish loads the rosters.

we loaded the "12 geek 1 cup" rosters into yahoo.

seems fine to me. much faster than i remember the site being last season.

i originally used to use yahoo back in the day but switched the leagues i run over to ESPN.

I don't get all the knocks Yahoo gets on this bored. We have run custom live draft leagues on for several years, one that has guys from all over the country in it and it has never been a problem. I did one this year using wifi at a fast food joint and it worked great.

I have done mocks there and at ESPN and I really like both equally.

My main money league is done through Yahoo. We do an offline draft and upload the results. I seem to find it easy to navigate and have never had any problems with uploading draft results or anything like that. :dunno:

I'm having trouble loading the draft room....

I have had issues loading mock drafts and live drafts in Firefox. For my one real draft on Yahoo this year i dusted off explorer and used it without incident.

Been using Yahoo for 11 years now. Best and easiest to navigate in my opinion.

I do like ESPN's mock draft board better. But...it's just a mock draft.

My first year using it (a few years ago), when I tried to load an already running draft, I did have problems getting in. Our friends and coworker league has run on yahoo for 5 years now and is usually pretty smooth, but this last sunday 2 people had problems launching the draft once it had already started.

Also even when I was sitting on the team home page and it said the draft was starting there was a 2 minute window where nothing happened. Right about the time I started to get nervous and considered trying to relaunch the draft, it started loading.

My best guess is if your draft is on Sunday, and with all the free leagues it bogs down their software and the draft launcher can get finicky. If your the commish try shifting the draft launch time to a 15min after hour time and see if that helps. Like 1015 or 1045am, it might help avoid all the other drafts launching simultaneously and reduce loading problems.

Complete guess on my part though.

My first year using it (a few years ago), when I tried to load an already running draft, I did have problems getting in. Our friends and coworker league has run on yahoo for 5 years now and is usually pretty smooth, but this last sunday 2 people had problems launching the draft once it had already started.

Also even when I was sitting on the team home page and it said the draft was starting there was a 2 minute window where nothing happened. Right about the time I started to get nervous and considered trying to relaunch the draft, it started loading.

My best guess is if your draft is on Sunday, and with all the free leagues it bogs down their software and the draft launcher can get finicky. If your the commish try shifting the draft launch time to a 15min after hour time and see if that helps. Like 1015 or 1045am, it might help avoid all the other drafts launching simultaneously and reduce loading problems.

Complete guess on my part though.

Not it either I load mocks all different times of the day. Loads about 90% and then quits just doesn't go any further

Not it either I load mocks all different times of the day. Loads about 90% and then quits just doesn't go any further

What's your PC Model, OS, browser(s) and version, etc. etc. Have you tried more than one browser? Have you contacted Yahoo? What's your social security number and DOB?

Help us help you!

What's your PC Model, OS, browser(s) and version, etc. etc. Have you tried more than one browser? Have you contacted Yahoo? What's your social security number and DOB?

Help us help you!

toshiba satellite L-505 windows 7 firefox/IE Yahoo is the suck about getting back to you. I've only had this problem with football I had no problem with baseball. AND my SS# is 555-12-2555 DOB is 9/18/87

Also not really

toshiba satellite L-505 windows 7 firefox/IE Yahoo is the suck about getting back to you. I've only had this problem with football I had no problem with baseball. AND my SS# is 555-12-2555 DOB is 9/18/87

Also not really

Have you tried the "test your system" link on the league homepage? Result?

In FireFox have you tried clicking the orange "FireFox" button and selecting "add-ons"? That loads up a page where you can click a link that says "check to see if all your plugins are up to date". I actually did that right now, while trying to remember where it all was and found my Adobe Flash was out of date. I was also under the impression that mine were all current.

It's definitely weird that it's only happening on Football. The fact that it's happening on both browsers suggests it's Java or Flash though...

Maybe try Google Chrome browser, just to be safe?

PS. Yahoo help does suck! Agree on that one. :cheers:

Have you tried the "test your system" link on the league homepage? Result?

*YES does nothing never connects

In FireFox have you tried clicking the orange "FireFox" button and selecting "add-ons"? That loads up a page where you can click a link that says "check to see if all your plugins are up to date". I actually did that right now, while trying to remember where it all was and found my Adobe Flash was out of date. I was also under the impression that mine were all current.

*Just upgraded to Firfox 6 there is no little orange button! but checked flash already and java

It's definitely weird that it's only happening on Football. The fact that it's happening on both browsers suggests it's Java or Flash though...

Maybe try Google Chrome browser, just to be safe?

PS. Yahoo help does suck! Agree on that one. :cheers:

:pointstosky:

night poster bump

So.....I had No issues at my buddies house with nothing changed??? Could it have been some kind of glitch in my internet service?

I've used yahoo for a long time. I do have the issue of losing connection with the draft room. I did an auction last night and I was unable to bid a few times ... which was probably a good thing after paying $51 for Ray Rice LOL ...

I've started to migrate the leagues I run to ESPN because I don't have these issues there and I prefer their ability to do true blind bidding FAAB (as opposed to yahoo's hybrid system without ability to customize it).

The only reason I still host some leagues on yahoo is because they allow me to do a straight points only non-h2h league. (I real benefit to owners who get upset at losing in the playoffs to a lucky week or something ... haha ... PM me, I've got some openings in a league!).

So.....I had No issues at my buddies house with nothing changed??? Could it have been some kind of glitch in my internet service?

Very weird. Do you have a router or firewall at home?

Glad u got to draft though!

I agree, Yahoo gets a bad rap from the "anti-Yahoo snobs".

I have been in two private leagues on Yahoo for many years (I commish one of them). Yahoo has improved and added more options every year. Easy to use and the price is definitely right. IMO, for 90% of the redraft leagues, and even many keeper leagues, Yahoo is the best site to use.

I am in 3 leagues on MFL (commish for one) - It is the site of choice for leagues that have extremely unique set-ups (such as split drafts, contract leagues, IDP etc) and scoring systems as the amount of options are mind-boggling. For about $70 per season split among a dozen owners it can be worth it. It also is LeagueSafe friendly.

For money leagues where you are playing against people you don't know real well, I also highly recommend Leagesafe.

In fact, I even considered Leaguesafe for our friends and family league, because it makes for one headache for a commissioner to concern himself with.

Very weird. Do you have a router or firewall at home?

Glad u got to draft though!

Regular crapcast issued wireless router. I shut off my firewall and tried that as well....God I hate crapcast they probably due it everyone that doesn't use their TV service