Sign in to follow this  
tackle_football

Picking #4 in a 1 pt PPR

i'd take vick there over mccoy.

but jamaal charles, no question. he's worlds better than mccoy and the best player for the chiefs. go back and look at his yardspercarry last year.

i'd take vick there over mccoy.

but jamaal charles, no question. he's worlds better than mccoy and the best player for the chiefs. go back and look at his yardspercarry last year.

I have the 5th pick and think Charles and McCoy will be available and leaning towards taking McCoy. From what I've read, Charles while great won't be a feature back according to his coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Todd-Haley-doesn-8217-t-want-Jamaal-Charles-to-;_ylt=AqRvgWhXWlZDIFoWNxCLitJDubYF?urn=nfl-wp5673

I have the 5th pick and think Charles and McCoy will be available and leaning towards taking McCoy. From what I've read, Charles while great won't be a feature back according to his coach.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Todd-Haley-doesn-8217-t-want-Jamaal-Charles-to-;_ylt=AqRvgWhXWlZDIFoWNxCLitJDubYF?urn=nfl-wp5673

McCoy won't be the feature back as well. They have a 2nd RB called Vick that will hoard all the short TDs.

McCoy won't be the feature back as well. They have a 2nd RB called Vick that will hoard all the short TDs.

I disagree. I think Reid knows what McCoy is capable of doing and if he's smart he will preserve Vick from taking a pounding as much as possible. Also Vick helps McCoy immensely because of his ability to run along the deep down threat explosive Djax.

I'll take the hands down more explosive offense with the Eagles anyday against a coach who refused to give Charles sufficent touches, keeps Thomas Jones involved, and added McClain a brusier for GL touches.

Who do you guys take, assuming Foster, Rice, and AP are gone? Leaning towards McCoy but also considering Charles and AJ. Thanks

I have the 4th pick as well and am leaning towards McCoy. I like a safe pick in the 1st and with McCoy's huge # of receptions, he's pretty safe. I especially like that you can look back a long way at Reid's history of RB usage. Westbrook was so good there for so many years as a PPR star. With Charles, there seem to be a lot more questions about how he'll be used and there's less of a track record (team/coach-wise). Charles' 2nd half schedule is also absolutely brutal.

I also have the #4 pick in a full point PPR. No one brought up CJ (assuming he signs before the season starts). Where would he fit in the picture between (Vick, McCoy, and Charles? I would not take AJ 4th overall (too early) and who says that AJ is the #1 WR? My league takes 2 points away per interception (only 4 per TD), so if you have this scoring in your system, Vick may not be the way to go at 4.

If CJ has not signed yet, it comes down to McCoy and Charles. McCoy gives you more receptions, Charles gives you more yards. I expect each play to score 8 to 10 TD's so that is essentially a wash. Right now, I am leaning toward McCoy just based on scheduling (as already mentioned, Charles has a brutal schedule in December).

'Nutz

It seems like everyone thinks McCoy is a top 5 PPR this year. I just don't see it. He has Vick taking TDs away not only on the ground, but also with big plays to the WRs. Plus they signed Ronnie Brown and it looks like he might get some goal line carries. I definitely see McCoy as a top 10 RB, but I would take Foster, Rice, CJ, Charles, and Peterson before McCoy. I would probably take MJD and maybe even McFadden or Forte before McCoy. Maybe I'm crazy. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Luckily I had the #2 pick in my serious league and I got Foster, so I didn't have to worry about McCoy.

It seems like everyone thinks McCoy is a top 5 PPR this year. I just don't see it. He has Vick taking TDs away not only on the ground, but also with big plays to the WRs. Plus they signed Ronnie Brown and it looks like he might get some goal line carries. I definitely see McCoy as a top 10 RB, but I would take Foster, Rice, CJ, Charles, and Peterson before McCoy. I would probably take MJD and maybe even McFadden or Forte before McCoy. Maybe I'm crazy. I guess I'll find out soon enough. Luckily I had the #2 pick in my serious league and I got Foster, so I didn't have to worry about McCoy.

Aside from Ronnie Brown (and I totally disagree he'll get the goal line carries), what is different about McCoy's situation compared to last year? Vick scored a bunch of TDs last year. The same WRs were there last year...

Because last year he was #2 in PPR leagues...why do you think its such a stretch that he does it again? Just because of Ronnie Brown (who turns 30 in a couple months)?

The guy was #2 in PPR as a 22 year old in his first full season. It's not hard to imagine he could improve on last year.

Vick and, as of now, CJ have too much risk to take at #4 IMO. There is an old saying that you can't win because of your first rounder, but you can lose because of it. Let somebody else roll the dice with those guys; grab yourself a Charles or McCoy, then grab Rodgers in the next round or another guy later.

Aside from Ronnie Brown (and I totally disagree he'll get the goal line carries), what is different about McCoy's situation compared to last year? Vick scored a bunch of TDs last year. The same WRs were there last year...

Because last year he was #2 in PPR leagues...why do you think its such a stretch that he does it again? Just because of Ronnie Brown (who turns 30 in a couple months)?

The guy was #2 in PPR as a 22 year old in his first full season. It's not hard to imagine he could improve on last year.

This. :pointstosky:

Last year there were only three RBs with more total yards than McCoy and those were Foster at 2218 yds and Charles at 1935 yds. Of the RBs that had over 1500 combined yards from scrimmage, there were only five that had more TDs than McCoy - Foster 18, Peterson and Hillis 13, C JOhnson 12, McFadden 10. McCoy had nine and this was in his first season with only 207 carries in 2010.

Andy Reid hinted that he envisions that number rising this season. "I think last year LeSean showed that he could be a full-time RB and shoulder that load," said Reid, "... and we’ll continue to utilize him in that regard."

I hope someone doesn't grab him before my pick. The only other backs I'll take over him is CJ (too risky now for a top 5 pick), AP, Foster and Ray Rice (and Rice by a hair).