Sign in to follow this  
The Moz

12 days to go -- my thoughts on the league

To Me - there really is no clear favorite anymore as all teams have a weakness and strenghts.

Iam Wood - QB's are solid ( stafford and roth should be a nice 1-2 play the match up QB )

RB's - IMO he is the leagues best with 4 solid options

WR - Yikes this group is questionable at best among if not the leagues worst

TE - serviceible but nothing great

thoughts - if his wr's end up at decent he will be a solid centender

Famous B QB's - among the leagues best with Brady

RB's - Solid and deep - alot will depend on if some of his RB's end up losing GL work or are in RBBC.

WR's - 1 great one , 1 solid one and not really much past that - could be a weakness

TE's - a little weak

thoughts - If a few players other than Brady, McCoy , Jennings put up good/ great numbers can be a contender

Delay - QB's - Top notch with Rivers

RB's - More than likely the leagues worst with Wells an Hightower as his 1-2

WR's - One of the top 2 wr corps in the league

TE's - a solid yet unproven te option

thoughts - The lack of RB's might hurt sooner or later here but the wr's will keep him in contention out the gate.

Hellothere - QB's - Solid but nothing special

RB's - one of if not the best 1-2 punch but little beyond that

WR's - again solid 1-2 punch but little beyond

TE - pretty much as good as you can do with Witten

Thoughts - Not as good as Last year but still enough star power to contend again

Skibum - QB's - Good if not great presuming Romo stays upright

RB's - among the better units in the league with Rice leading

WR's - really good 1-2 punch but little else

TE's - 2 really good TE's

thouhgts - If Bush starts all year and he finds a #3 wr could be a top 4 team

Gepetto- QB's - The QB stasher has another great crop

RB's - great #1 and maybe a good #2 but nothing else

WR's - good and deep but nothing really eye popping

TE's - Finley is an elite te

thoughts - Vick and AD erase alot of issues but needs to have his WR's play above and find a #3 rb.

Ahill - QB's - another that is elite with Rogers

RB's - good but with doubts on MJD and Benson to play a whole season theres not much else

WR's - In the top half of the league and should be very good as a unit.

TE's - sorta meh

thoughts - Rogers helps and his wr's are good his RB's has me wondering if his team competes seriously again for title.

Joc - QB's - good as Ryan should have a better passing offense now.

RB's - CJ plays an this is one of the leagues best he doesn't its pretty average

WR's - Did a good job drafting here as for where they were taken could not of done better IMO

TE's - among the worst

thoughts - with CJIII this is a serious title contender - without not so much if at all..

Big Blue_06- QB's - Assuming Peyton play you can'y do much better

RB's - some health issues but right now among the better half

WR's - Good and fairly deep but some could be more name recognition than real.

TE's - average at best

thoughts - an all around solid team but I am not as high on this team as I was due to injuries

Megla - QB's - Probably the leagues worst

RB's - better than once thought but all come from bad teams

WR's - the best WR's in the league IMO

TE's - among the worst

thoughts - while his RB's are better than thought and his WR's are great the lack of a QB could hurt alot.

LBH - QB's - as good as it gets

RB's - a great #1 in Charles and what could be a solid #2 in Starks but little else

WR's - good starters but not that deep

TE's - solid

Thoughts -- should contend and have a good team -- I did not think this a few months ago but his team has taken shape.

Moz - QB's - a decent combo but a little shaky

RB's - a great #1 RB but 3 others that would be solid #4 rb's but not a true #2

WR's - if healthy one of the leagues more underated groups

TE's - good as you can get

thoughts - Will need an RB or 2 to step up in order to contend.

good writeup. it's time for some late pre-season analysis too, post trades and after 3 pre-season games. good call.

I have the league's best WR's though.

I wouldn't disagree with your assessment of my team at all, however I think 4 years of league history show that the way I have my team setup is good enough to make them a contender. Making it through the playoffs is all about luck, so my team is built to get me there....

I have plenty of RB talent to trade for another starting WR.

CJ2K is my team - we shall see if he plays this year - gawd I hope so. If he doesn't, I'm looking at a 3-10 type of year :cry:

Megla - QB's - Probably the leagues worst

RB's - better than once thought but all come from bad teams

WR's - the best WR's in the league IMO

TE's - among the worst

thoughts - while his RB's are better than thought and his WR's are great the lack of a QB could hurt alot.

Why is is that players coming from bad teams is a bad thing???? You may want to rethink this train of though when it comes to FF, FF points come fast and furious when teams play from behind.

So in your eyes J Freeman is the worst strating QB in this league and the #4 ranked TE from last year will fall down to "among the worst" in this league.

Why is is that players coming from bad teams is a bad thing???? You may want to rethink this train of though when it comes to FF, FF points come fast and furious when teams play from behind.

So in your eyes J Freeman is the worst strating QB in this league and the #4 ranked TE from last year will fall down to "among the worst" in this league.

I like your RB's. I have offered trades and, in fact, almost offered a couple I know you'd like. :dunno:

Your TE does suk though. :wave:

I like your RB's. I have offered trades and, in fact, almost offered a couple I know you'd like. :dunno:

Your TE does suk though. :wave:

It makes little sense to trade before the season starts unless the offer is over the top to my advantage IMHO. If the player being offered is who I wanted I would have drafted them.

As for my TE, I like him and that is all that matters for now :pointstosky:

It makes little sense to trade before the season starts unless the offer is over the top to my advantage IMHO. If the player being offered is who I wanted I would have drafted them.

I disagree. Some players aren't available to be drafted or sometimes you want more than one player during the draft but can only take one of them and then the next guy gets taken soon after. Plus, a lot can and has change since we drafted, as can an owners opinion about a situation, especially after watching preseason and hearing about practices.

I disagree. Some players aren't available to be drafted or sometimes you want more than one player during the draft but can only take one of them and then the next guy gets taken soon after. Plus, a lot can and has change since we drafted, as can an owners opinion about a situation, especially after watching preseason and hearing about practices.

If the offer is a player that I may have drafted had he been there at my pick and the player I am giving up is in a similar slot in the draft then yes I would consider it. And uless the preseason-practice information is injury related I do not take much stock in it, but I can understand you stance.

As for my TE, I like him and that is all that matters for now :pointstosky:

Your right, it made no sense for me to trade for Rivers and trade Grant for Hightower 2 1/2 wks ago. ;) C'mon!

Your right, it made no sense for me to trade for Rivers and trade Grant for Hightower 2 1/2 wks ago. ;) C'mon!

This is a perfect example of why I feel the way I do, you have bought into the Preseason koolaid of Hightower and as such made a trade based on that, very risky move IMHO.

As for Rivers I have no idea what you gave up for him, but if the value was equal to where he was drafted by someone else then why not just draft him?

I drafted Grant and player B(yet to be traded) just to trade them. Critical factor to consider is value now versus value later in this format.

This is a perfect example of why I feel the way I do, you have bought into the Preseason koolaid of Hightower and as such made a trade based on that, very risky move IMHO.

As for Rivers I have no idea what you gave up for him, but if the value was equal to where he was drafted by someone else then why not just draft him?

I missed the QB run in the draft, Megla. I had 2 middle rd. QB targets that I missed by a combined 4 or 6 picks. Sux. Honestly, one of two mistakes I made in the draft. Had to have recourse post draft.

This is a perfect example of why I feel the way I do, you have bought into the Preseason koolaid of Hightower and as such made a trade based on that, very risky move IMHO.As for Rivers I have no idea what you gave up for him, but if the value was equal to where he was drafted by someone else then why not just draft him?

Makes no sense. I suppose you bought into the hype of judging players based on last season, using your logic. Will you not trade during the season? Dont want you to buy into the hype of players early season production. I could prolly name 30 examples of where pre-season has changed the perception of 90% of FF owners opinion on said player that you'd agree w/ me on. Dont be silly.

It's me reading the tea leaves, my friend. That's what we do in this sport.

No Chad. According to Megla, that's just pre-season hype. You should not consider pre-season or TC when evaluating a player. Jeesh. Dont drink the Koolaid.

Makes no sense. I suppose you bought into the hype of judging players based on last season, using your logic. Will you not trade during the season? Dont want you to buy into the hype of players early season production. I could prolly name 30 examples of where pre-season has changed the perception of 90% of FF owners opinion on said player that you'd agree w/ me on. Dont be silly.

It's me reading the tea leaves, my friend. That's what we do in this sport.

History is very much a part of my evaluation process, it is the best indicator of what a player's future production will be, it's not the only one, but a big one. Yes I will trade during the season if the trade presnets value, but I will base that trade on history and actual work (regualr season)Of course I will buy into early season sucess, because it is real, unlike the preseason.

If my opinion is silly to you so be it, but outside of injurys I put zero improtance on how anyone does in the preseason, it simply does not matter and there is not a player on a roster that I have formed my opinion on based on preseason performances.

I agree it's reading tea leaves, you have your indicators and I have mine, ours just differ.

History is very much a part of my evaluation process, it is the best indicator of what a player's future production will be, it's not the only one, but a big one. Yes I will trade during the season if the trade presnets value, but I will base that trade on history and actual work (regualr season)Of course I will buy into early season sucess, because it is real, unlike the preseason.

If my opinion is silly to you so be it, but outside of injurys I put zero improtance on how anyone does in the preseason, it simply does not matter and there is not a player on a roster that I have formed my opinion on based on preseason performances.

I agree it's reading tea leaves, you have your indicators and I have mine, ours just differ.

Jeesh, I'm trying to provoke you and you came back w/ this passive response. what the hell. :thumbsdown:

I missed the QB run in the draft, Megla. I had 2 middle rd. QB targets that I missed by a combined 4 or 6 picks. Sux. Honestly, one of two mistakes I made in the draft. Had to have recourse post draft.

What QB run? 3rd round was the only round with significant QB action with 3 taken, Rivers went in the 4th and was the only one taken in that round and rounds in rounds 5-12 no more than 2 were ever selected

Jeesh, I'm trying to provoke you and you came back w/ this passive response. what the hell. :thumbsdown:

I'm a pretty level headed kind of guy for the most part and frankly your points are valid, they are just not my thoughts on evaluating talent.

I'm a pretty level headed kind of guy for the most part and frankly your points are valid, they are just not my thoughts on evaluating talent.

Funny. Was reading a thread on FFguys about draft annoyances and came across this post. Thought it as fitting for our discussion. :P

ppierce, on 30 August 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Let me add the "bring a magazine from June to a draft on Sept 6th guy." Nothing says "here's my money" then using an outdated magazine.

Ha. That happend last night to one of the guys.

"It says Randy moss FA did he sign yet? What about TO he still a free agent?"

Or

"I'll take rookie RB Ryan Williams from the Cardinals"

Then if someone laughs at him for not being up to date he snaps back

"well who the F**K watches pre season?????"

Funny. Was reading a thread on FFguys about draft annoyances and came across this post. Thought it as fitting for our discussion. :P

ppierce, on 30 August 2011 - 12:04 PM, said:

Let me add the "bring a magazine from June to a draft on Sept 6th guy." Nothing says "here's my money" then using an outdated magazine.

Ha. That happend last night to one of the guys.

"It says Randy moss FA did he sign yet? What about TO he still a free agent?"

Or

"I'll take rookie RB Ryan Williams from the Cardinals"

Then if someone laughs at him for not being up to date he snaps back

"well who the F**K watches pre season?????"

That would be appripo if I did not keep myself informed on what took place during preseason, nothing is further from the truth.

What QB run? 3rd round was the only round with significant QB action with 3 taken, Rivers went in the 4th and was the only one taken in that round and rounds in rounds 5-12 no more than 2 were ever selected

Ok, maybe run was the wrong term. How bout I was just a little late to the QB party overall. Was a little later on in the draft. I'll gpo ahead and state my targets, as I'm happy w/ my QB situation, post trade.

Here goes... Missing Matt Ryan @ 6.12 when Joc took him @ 6.09, and missing Stafford @ 8.12 when he went 8.07 to Wood. Was not happy I had to draft Bradford and could not wait to unload him, not that he's bad, it's just QB's are at a premium in this QB heavy format. I felt like I had some trade value w/ Bradford to an owner who bought into the McD/Bradford combo. With Bradford though, I felt like I would be giving up 10pts a game to top flight teams, w/ Rivers, I have top 3 QB. Much better overall. Funny thing is, I almost drafted Freeman a couple times, but already had Blount on my roster. In case I could not unload Blount, I did not want Freeman/Blount as my #1 QB/RB combo, just doesn't seem right w/ Tampa this yr. With that said, I had planned on trading Blount and I was floating him immediately post draft. It's just his value was too good where I drafted him. Overall, I'm happy, still a couple moves to make, just waiting for the right time. I think this post makes it clear that I never planned on rolling w/ the team I drafted, why I drafted them, and why I think my team is better after the trades.

That would be appripo if I did not keep myself informed on what took place during preseason, nothing is further from the truth.

I dont think it applies to you, Megla. I can tell you know ur sh!t. I just thought it was funny and was in the same vein of our conversation.

Was not happy I had to draft Bradford and could not wait to unload him, not that he's bad, it's just QB's are at a premium in this QB heavy format. I

I've seen this several times now, QBs are at a premium/QB heavy format and for the life of me I can not figure out why that opinion seems so prevelent?? What am I missing that makes them so valued in our scoring format?

I've seen this several times now, QBs are at a premium/QB heavy format and for the life of me I can not figure out why that opinion seems so prevelent?? What am I missing that makes them so valued in our scoring format?

I cant get to the site at work, but I believe QB's are the dominant position in the top 20 overall. 6pts for all TD's. I think Vick was at the top overall, or right there. I think the TD delta between elite QB's and middle of the road QB's is the difference.

I cant get to the site at work, but I believe QB's are the dominant position in the top 20 overall. 6pts for all TD's. I think Vick was at the top overall, or right there. I think the TD delta between elite QB's and middle of the road QB's is the difference.

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=37632&O=08

Yea, this is where I think I just see things differently than others. I do not care who scored the most FF points, I want to know who outscored others at thier position the most.

From last years stats, using total FF points Manning was the overall leader, but he only outsocred the 12th QB (last starter) by 94 points or 7 points a game. If you look at FF Points per game M Vick was #1 at 35.34 but that is somewhat skewed as his did not start the season out as the started and history says we will miss games during the season, but even this in only 11 points per game better than the 12th and there is a tier of QB at 28-29 per game (Manning/Brees/Brady/Rogers/Rivers) and that only represents a 4 to 5 point weekly advantage.

Depending on what your flex is you get much more seperation (value) from the RB and WR positions top performers

http://football3.myfantasyleague.com/2010/options?L=37632&O=08

Yea, this is where I think I just see things differently than others. I do not care who scored the most FF points, I want to know who outscored others at thier position the most.

From last years stats, using total FF points Manning was the overall leader, but he only outsocred the 12th QB (last starter) by 94 points or 7 points a game. If you look at FF Points per game M Vick was #1 at 35.34 but that is somewhat skewed as his did not start the season out as the started and history says we will miss games during the season, but even this in only 11 points per game better than the 12th and there is a tier of QB at 28-29 per game (Manning/Brees/Brady/Rogers/Rivers) and that only represents a 4 to 5 point weekly advantage.

Depending on what your flex is you get much more seperation (value) from the RB and WR positions top performers

I see your point. I believe the league has this discussion every yr to this point. Bottom line for me, Brees is substantial upgrade over Bradford, while Hightower is an upgrade over Grant. I guess just comes down to what you draft and how you use that value.

I see your point. I believe the league has this discussion every yr to this point. Bottom line for me, Brees is substantial upgrade over Bradford, while Hightower is an upgrade over Grant. I guess just comes down to what you draft and how you use that value.

Damn, you got Brees and Rivers for Bradford, you da man :cheers:

Brees? :dunno:

That would be awesome.

Your words

Bottom line for me, Brees is substantial upgrade over Bradford, while Hightower is an upgrade over Grant. I guess just comes down to what you draft and how you use that value.

5 weeks in, still make sense??

Famous B QB's - among the leagues best with Brady

RB's - Solid and deep - alot will depend on if some of his RB's end up losing GL work or are in RBBC.

WR's - 1 great one , 1 solid one and not really much past that - could be a weakness

TE's - a little weak

thoughts - If a few players other than Brady, McCoy , Jennings put up good/ great numbers can be a contender

:headbanger:

No CJ2k you = sucky sucky - YEP, he's on the field, but he hasn't shown up in the point category...