Sign in to follow this  
naomi

Would you be uncomfortable with a female president?

But women can theoretically elect a president by themselves with no men at all supporting it. They are the majority. Then when you factor in that more men are felons than women, the majority grows. Then throw in ghey dudes...

I bet Oprah could win easy. :shocking:

Yes, but most women vote for whoever their husbands tell em to.

I'd have no problem with it. But the first female president will be a lib, not a conservative.

God help us. :doh:

Also: Yes, I would be uncomfortable with a female president. Liberal or Conservative.

God help us. :doh:

Also: Yes, I would be uncomfortable with a female president. Liberal or Conservative.

This is interesting. Why would you, a female, be uncomfortable with a female pres?

This is interesting. Why would you, a female, be uncomfortable with a female pres?

I'm sure my stand won't win me any popularity votes among the female posters here, but that's okay with me.

I'm all for equality but I think that our nation is generally wired to believe that men are more authoritative figures and that women are driven too much by their emotions. I can't speak for all women, but I have to admit that I agree somewhat.

Our society as a whole is not ready for a female president and neither am I. With the state our country is currently in, this is absolutely NOT the time to take a gamble with something so important. Maybe someday I'll feel differently.

Like I said, not a popular response, I'm sure... but my .02 cents. B)

I'm sure my stand won't win me any popularity votes among the female posters here, but that's okay with me.

I'm all for equality but I think that our nation is generally wired to believe that men are more authoritative figures and that women are driven too much by their emotions. I can't speak for all women, but I have to admit that I agree somewhat.

Our society as a whole is not ready for a female president and neither am I. With the state our country is currently in, this is absolutely NOT the time to take a gamble with something so important. Maybe someday I'll feel differently.

^^^my new favorite poster.

Well I'm certainly not going to knock your stance.

Northern Ireland's economy turned around under a female president. Was it her (who credit was given to) or parliament's efforts during that time? I don't know, but she went down in history as a leader Ireland was proud to have. Israelis revere Golda Meir. German Chancellor Angela Merkel is considered a strong leader. There isn't a debate about taking her seriously her not.

You probably liked Reagan. He's a man most people who would have a problem with a female president probably are a fan of. He had a ton of respect for Margaret Thatcher and vice-versa.

A female candidate doesn't need to be stiff and controlled (Hilary) or assume a goofy, transparent populist appealing schtick (Bachman and Palin). When women are less conscious of projecting a certain demeanor because they're women, their gender isn't remarkable. Condoleeza Rice is actually a pretty good example of carrying herself with seemingly agenda-less dignity.

As a general rule I'm more confident with some tasks being left in men's hands...like an air traffic controller. When you're responsible for multi-faceted technical, high stakes calls, and you have all the apparatus in front of you to decide what the best action to take is, and there's a physical-mental exertion factor to it, I think guys are naturally better suited for dealing with that. But gender doesn't lend a natural disadvantage in situations where you jointly explore courses of action, and that's pretty much the type of heat presidents encounter when they encounter high stakes heat. It's an exercise in discrestion and gut. Part of that discrestion is realizing who's best suited to have sound judgement in specialized situations- knowing who to surround yourself with, and conferring with them as you make the final call. I don't think there's a gender breakdown when it comes to being good at that, but also don't mind if we disagree. There is a sharp people breakdown when it comes to that though.

sig worthy