Sign in to follow this  
Yer mom

Ryan Mathews

Hits the hole and goes 60 without a soul being within 10-15 yards of him. Thats thats the fellow I watched at Fresno State. :headbanger:

Advantage of early drafting, 9th round STEAL to be RB #3 behind CJ and MJD :headbanger:

:first: <----- That'll be me

Thats interesting, I keep hearing doubt about Mathews. My gut tells me huge season, with a VERY talented back.

Confusious say: Lazy man leave secondary 15 yards in wake, many time this season \ /

If Mathews lays an egg this season, his NFL career is in jeopardy. He knows it and the Chargers know it. If that doesn't motivate him, nothing will.

Regardless, I think it was injuries that hurt him last year... not lack of motivation. I think his ADP is way too low.

Regardless, I think it was injuries that hurt him last year... not lack of motivation. I think his ADP is way too low.

This. He finished STRONG last year healthy. Mathews is damn good, and with the offensive weapons SD has he will get ample opportunites, and I bet he'll cash in. SD knows running backs like Bo knows everything, but for whatever reason people just arent on board :dunno:

His TD tonight he cut back through one hole, then burst through another to the house, untouched. He looked fast, really fast like he was at Fresno State. This dude would cut corners and be gone, and now he's healthy.

All good :)

Hits the hole and goes 60 without a soul being within 10-15 yards of him. Thats thats the fellow I watched at Fresno State. :headbanger:

Advantage of early drafting, 9th round STEAL to be RB #3 behind CJ and MJD :headbanger:

And vs. what string defenders was this in a meaningless 4th pre-season game ???? :thumbsdown:

And vs. what string defenders was this in a meaningless 4th pre-season game ???? :thumbsdown:

the fact that it was the 4th pre-season game and was meaningless, shows us 2 things

1) Mathews is 100% healthy, which he wasnt last year

2) Tolbert didnt play as SD sat all of their first team offense

3) Mathews still needs a lot of game work, or they would have sat him as well

9th round ...wow cani play in your league

Work Ethic has been an issue, he is in the right situation to have a huge bounce back season... but it is up to him

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32

For the record, that was vs the Niners' second team defense.

Wouldn't have happened with Patrick Willis in there.

My questions are if he can stay healthy and get enough of the carries to produce. I'd also wonder why a starting RB is playing in the final preseason game? I've also got to add, Matthews came out of a very weak RB class and probably would've slid to the late first or even the second round of the draft if there were better options at the position and if the Chargers didn't have a dire need at the position. He was not considered a special talent coming out of college and he reminds me a lot more of Knowshon Moreno than the second coming of LT2.