Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

Josh Freeman

I don't understand.. I heard so much about this guy coming into this season.. it is like he was the first guy that everyone hyped about.. so he is old news or something... This kid looks like a superstar when he plays and is definitely the "Real Deal" ... i am a Panthers fan and he has whooped up on us for the past two years.. now grant it we haven't been all that great, but regardless Tampa Bay was crap until he came around...

He went from

2009 10 games played Averaged 185 pass yd/game, 16 rush yds/game... 10 TD and 18 int (had a huge Interception problem in college)

2010 16 games played Averaged 215 pass yd/game, 23 rush yds/game... 25 TD and 6 int (that is a huge improvement for someone with a problem in only half a season of being the starter)

2011 16 games played Averages 235 pass yd/game, 22 rush yds/game... 27 TD and 11 int ... with 3-5 Rushing TD's

what makes us think he can't improve more this year??? That is 3760 Pass Yds, 27 TD, 11 ints, 352 rush yds, 4 rush TD's (the guy is bound to get to "Pay dirt" a few times this season.. just doesn't make sense that he hasn't scored yet)

That would make him borderline Top 5 QB in my league... 333.2 Fantasy Points ((that would have been #4 in our scoring last year))

He got a ton of hype before preseason games, but the much tougher schedule this year and his lackluster play in preseason has put a damper on the hype...

I focked up and ended up with him as my starter (Orton as my backup). Luckily I drafted a ton of running backs so a trade will be in my future.

I think he'll be solid, but can't see him finishing much better then he did last season.

I think Freeman is a low-end starter in 12-14 team leagues. If you wait on a QB, he's the kind of guy you'd like to immediately pair with a safe but unexciting vet like Eli or another high-upside lower tier guy like Stafford, although his ADP is surely on the rise by now. If you're fairly set elsewhere I don't think Freeman's going to kill your team, I just wouldn't expect to win you many games. The big factor will be his running around the goal line. Freeman is very mobile. If he ever starts giving you 4-5 TDs on the ground he'll be a total steal. Incidentally I sorta like Benn as a very late round sleeper in big leagues. He was drafted 2 rounds before Williams and may see a lot more targets now that Ds are going to roll coverage to the other side of the field.

Freeman is in a position for a breakout season. TB has built a solid team from coaching staff to the personal. He has solid options around him and its time for him to capitalize on his potential. He does have a tough schedule so we will see what he is made of

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32

Freeman is in a position for a breakout season. TB has built a solid team from coaching staff to the personal. He has solid options around him and its time for him to capitalize on his potential. He does have a tough schedule so we will see what he is made of

Check out my newest article for Can of Corn Sports: Preseason Player Updates........Own Your Dumb Friends at Fake Football

http://can-of-corn.com/2011/09/02/the-know-it-all-preseason-updates/

Kyle Stafford

@KStafford32

you and koopafantasy should pair up.

I got him as Romo's backup. All those rushing yards and no rushing TDs last year. I heard all kinds of stuff that he could have Vick stats if he just scored a couple of times. Much tougher schedule this year.

I also want to see what my postings look like.

I like Freeman, but take out that 5 td game last year, and well....he was just good, but not spectacular

He sure has all the tools to be great.

Personally I like Matthew Stafford when it come to throwing the rock.

Stafford throws a great deep ball....plays indoors....has Megatron.....

I personally this Detroit will have one of the top 3 offenses as far as throwing the ball verticle, and that is hard for me too say since it is Detroit.

Last year the Lions threw 26 tds.....imagine what that number could be, if Stafford stays healthy....big if...but I am just sayimng.

Stafford greater than Freeman for me.

He reminds me of Big Ben... Regardless of how he performs, he won't ever get the hype of the other guys.. I have Ben and Freeman in my 2QB league...

I like Freeman, but take out that 5 td game last year, and well....he was just good, but not spectacular

He sure has all the tools to be great.

Personally I like Matthew Stafford when it come to throwing the rock.

Stafford throws a great deep ball....plays indoors....has Megatron.....

I personally this Detroit will have one of the top 3 offenses as far as throwing the ball verticle, and that is hard for me too say since it is Detroit.

Last year the Lions threw 26 tds.....imagine what that number could be, if Stafford stays healthy....big if...but I am just sayimng.

Stafford greater than Freeman for me.

I hate that argument.... YOU DON'T take out any 5 TD games because that means he is capable of doing that....

He reminds me of Big Ben... Regardless of how he performs, he won't ever get the hype of the other guys.. I have Ben and Freeman in my 2QB league...

I agree completely.. He is a great NFL QB... and it remains to be seen how good of a Fantasy QB he is.. but he was #7 in scoring in our league last year...and I think he can improve on last years numbers

for what its worth... he also had crap for an o-line in college

and some assinine play calling. i think the coaching staff at the time at K-State just said, here you go Josh do all you can to try and win for us cause we don't have much else. He had a lot of turnovers because of it.