Sign in to follow this  
stick

Ron Paul Campaign Attacks Perry Day 2

http://www.ronpaul2012.com/2011/09/07/ron-paul-campaign-presses-perry-on-big-government-record-and-fake-rhetoric/

Ron Paul Campaign Presses Perry on Big Government Record and Fake Rhetoric

Issues open letter knocking Perry’s liberal record

LAKE JACKSON, Texas– 2012 Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul’s campaign continues to challenge Rick Perry in the lead up to tonight’s Republican presidential debate. Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton released an open letter to Gov. Perry focusing on his record as Texas head of state, pointing out inconsistencies with his new Tea Party rhetoric. See text of letter below.

Subject: Rick Perry Can’t Handle the Truth

An open letter from Campaign Chairman Jesse Benton

Dear Governor Perry,

After our campaign’s first ad highlighting your Big Government record and support for liberal Al Gore, your campaign is attacking Dr. Paul – missing the point of why your past is important.

We don’t think the fact that you used to be a Democrat is the big problem here. The real problem is that, too often, you still act like one. Even you yourself, Governor Perry, said of your party switch, “I will still vote the same principles, only with an R after my name.”

That’s the kind of thinking that has our country teetering on the edge of bankruptcy. We cannot afford to nominate someone who thinks the letter next to their name is more important than what they believe.

Governor Perry, let me be clear: It is not that you supported Al Gore that worries us.

It is that you supported Hillary Clinton’s health care plan.

You pushed for federal bailout and stimulus funds.

You support welfare for illegal immigrants.

You tried to forcibly vaccinate12-year-old girls against sexually transmitted diseases by executive order.

You raised taxes twice.

And, state debt has more than doubled in your tenure as governor, pushing Texas to the brink of our constitutional debt limit.

It’s that you supported ALL of these bad ideas that are inconsistent with how most Republicans understand conservatism, yet you now try to swagger your way into the Tea Party.

Governor Perry, with all due respect, you have used great rhetoric. But you will have to answer to the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, and across the country as to why that rhetoric does not match your record.

For Liberty,

Jesse Benton

Campaign Chairman

Ron Paul 2012

Press picking it up as well:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/sep/7/paul-perrys-not-really-conservative/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0911/62830.html

http://caucuses.desmoinesregister.com/2011/09/07/letter-from-ron-paul-campaign-targets-perrys-inconsistencies/

Ron Paul needs to find a way to get Rick Perry involved in the Rosie Larsen murder.

I thought Rick Perry wasn't going to be there because of the fires.

Nice to see Ron Paul isn't wasting any time going negative already, that should work out well. :rolleyes:

Nice to see Ron Paul isn't wasting any time going negative already, that should work out well. :rolleyes:

Yup. I said this the other day. He has nothing to run on, so he's just going to bash all his opponents. He's already hated. This should end well. lol

Negative ads work. Proven fact.

Negative ads work. Proven fact.

I guess so, but Ron Paul has very little chance to win a nomination, and doing negative this early is not good.

I guess so, but Ron Paul has very little chance to win a nomination, and doing negative this early is not good.

He has no choice... He can pull a pawlenty and softly get pushed out... or he can take a stand with the most support he has ever had behind him and rock the friggin boat...

GO RON!!!!!!!!

He has no choice... He can pull a pawlenty and softly get pushed out... or he can take a stand with the most support he has ever had behind him and rock the friggin boat...

GO RON!!!!!!!!

And the more he shats on everyone, the more the right wing radio talking heads will hate the guy. He's an outcast who's making himself seem more like an asswhole. It's because he knows that all he has are a few 'out there' ideas on the economy and nothing else. So he's already in desperation mode.