Sign in to follow this  
SameSongNDance

Jeremiah Johnson

I'm mostly looking for some Denver homers to chime in on this guy. From what I gather, he looked good in the preseason. Moreno is turning into Mr. Glass (four hamstring injuries in two seasons?), McGahee is in the down tick of his career and Ball is the epitome of a plodder. I'm not about to say anyone should take a flier on JJ but is there potential? BTW, if you don't know who JJ is, he was just signed up from the practice squad due to Moreno's injury.

He looked really good in garbage time of the first preseason game, and did nothing with his carries in the other two. As much as it kills me I don't see any denver back putting up consistent numbers at this point.

I have been following him for the last 2 years. I think he could emerge as this year's LeGarrette Blount. While it's unlikely, he has the talent. He has drawn good reviews in camp, and I feel pretty confident we know what Moreno is and we've known what McGahee is for a while now. If you're looking for a home run in a relatively deep league and have spare parts (somebody like Randy Moss or Bilal Powell or Torrey Smith), then I would take a flier on him. Odds are, he doesn't see enough PT but we know Fox likes to run the ball and I just don't think Moreno is his guy. Only issue is that Fox prefers veterans over all else.

You on sleeperbot too? SameSongNDance

Who else would have this name :banana:.

Anyway, looks like we'll see what JJ has to offer on limited touches this week. I like his back story. People actually compare him to JStew (same draft class). He was also the other undrafted rookie that made it onto HOU with Foster before getting hurt. There is some talent here..

Broncos suck! Raiders put them in their place last Monday Night!

Broncos suck! Raiders put them in their place last Monday Night!

Whilst showing the world that they are by and far them most undisciplined team in the NFL. I don't care how much talent you have on your team, if you can't get a play off without a flag being thrown you are doomed to fail.

I have been following him for the last 2 years. I think he could emerge as this year's LeGarrette Blount.

At Oregon in 2008, Jeremiah Johnson RB1, LaGarrette Blount RB2, LaMichael James redshirted. That should tell you a little more about this guy. He is lightning quick and was a great compliment to LGB for the Ducks.

If you remember the Holiday Bowl against Okie State that year he broke off a huge 80+ yard swing pass for a TD. Then of course Blount had that spectacular hurdle TD which iced the game for UO.