Sign in to follow this  
Wheaties

Anybody Trade Stafford Yet?

Has anybody traded Matt Stafford since Week 1 ended? If so, which players did you get in return?

I'm just trying to gauge his value in 10-team and 12-team PPR redraft leagues. I happen to have Drew Brees starting over him in both leagues.

Who were you upgrading at QB? What did you have to give up?

Well I traded for him before the season. I was a Peyton owner and Cutler was my backup. Once Manning was out I needed to do something. Luckily the Brady owner also had Stafford. I sent him Cutler, Deangelo and Kenny Britt for Stafford, Fred Jackson and Robert Meacham. He is happy because he has Britt but I got 2 studs out of the deal so I like it on my end.

Who were you upgrading at QB? What did you have to give up?

Your better bet will be to trade Brees and start Stafford in his place. People know how to value Brees and you can upgrade another position....

Has anybody traded Matt Stafford since Week 1 ended? If so, which players did you get in return?

I'm just trying to gauge his value in 10-team and 12-team PPR redraft leagues. I happen to have Drew Brees starting over him in both leagues.

For Dez Bryant

That's funny, in my 10-team ratard PPR redraft (6 pt all TDs), I have Brees and saw that somebody dropped Stafford after week 1. :unsure: So I looked, and the team that dropped him had Brady and dropped him for Newton. Still a stoopid move, since the rest of his team blows chunks, he should have just carried all 3. Anyway, I grabbed him (also have Kolb), and was wondering the same thing. I almost started him over Brees, and in hindsight should have, although the points weren't that far off.

Interesting thought by the poster who said to trade Brees instead, since he is a more known commodity. I need some RB help after Charles bought the farm...

Well i have staffors in both leagues and vick in one league and shaub in another. I tried to trade both vick and shaub. Vick i couldnt get what i wanted and shaub no one wanted. If you pay attention to these posts a lot you might now how i have been on the stafford bandwagon since before preseason. I startes vick over him this week but my team went ape shite so it didnt matter. Hopefully vick can have some good games after the concussion so i can trade him.

I considered striking while the iron is hot but what I have found is that everyone in my Stafford league has a QB that is at least servicable. Tough year for qb movement IMO.

stafford owner has brady and newton as well. so i thought i would send out a feeler on stafford. all he wanted was turner so i said no thanks. i have big ben and fitzpatrick