Sign in to follow this  
Texas10

Who here is still holding onto Peyton?

Well I finally did it, Fitzpatrick is still available and I decided to drop Peyton for him. I honestly think Peyton is out for the year but I had a small glimmer of hope he may be back for the fantasy playoffs. I have Stafford but really need some insurance just in case. Any of you guys still holding on to Peyton?

Oh we can only have 2 QBs max on our roster so stashing him really wasn't an option.

Good decision. They showed footage of him on last night's news, his first practice back. His 'workout' consisted of walking around the outside of the practice field. I've seen 70 year old mall walkers show more energy.

Stem cells!!!!! they are like magic....he will be back in november!!

haha...no but really, i need to drop him immediately.

Had Pey Pey as a keeper, got Stafford around the 10th or 12th round BEFORE the news came out that Peyton had another surgery. I picked up Fitz last week on waivers but am holding Peyton just in case as he may be available for the last 3 or 4 weeks...

its just so hard to part with him.... it would be like driving out to the country with the pet squirrel you raised from birth and letting him go.... its just so hard to say good.

disclaimer: I have never raised a squirrel from birth.

Good decision. They showed footage of him on last night's news, his first practice back. His 'workout' consisted of walking around the outside of the practice field. I've seen 70 year old mall walkers show more energy.

I heard that they may give him one of those "I've Fallen and I cant get up" necklaces for every time Mario Williams destroys him after he comes back. That and Wilford Brimley is going to replace him in at least 8 of his 27 commercial spots.

My draft was just prior to the news coming out about the additional surgery to Mannings neck. I had him and dropped him before the 1st game of the season for Jay Cutler...not the best pickup with Cam Newton and Fitz available at the time, but considering neither had played a game yet I went with the semi-proven player.

Well now two weeks in and the Chicago o-line is doing it's best impression of a sieve while they're on the field...so I'm thinking of swaping Cutler for Fitz considering the Bills are in multi-WR formations nearly EVERY snap.

I think those of you hoping for Manning to be back during the playoffs need to recall the way he started the season after his bursa-sac surgery on his knee. He was below average the first 4-6 games of the season before he was able to get back to his old self, and with this neck injury I don't see him rushing back to the field or even playing once the Colts have his 0-6.

I dropped that scrub for a defense... The worst part is, this is the first year I have drafted a QB in teh first 3 rounds in forever... And I took a chance on that douche!

I planned on drafting Fitz as my starter in the later rounds from the beginning. I was seduced into taking Manning because he was there late. Day after draft, and we learn of his second surgery. I still grabbed Fitz in the later rounds but I dropped Manning for Grossman immediately.

is there any chance he will officially be put on IR ?

I have a very limited # of moves and an IR move is "free" for me... the whole "free" move angle is the only reason I held him.

Even if/when he comes back - I wouldn't expect much - the team will be in shambles by then - Manning had NO off season and is now thrown into real games? nope - not worth it.