Sign in to follow this  
stagee

Pettigrew vs Davis

Pettigrew only caught one ball last week and seems to share time with Tony S. and Fred Davis is on fire in Wash. but will he take a hit once Cooley comes back 100%.

Pettigrew only caught one ball last week and seems to share time with Tony S. and Fred Davis is on fire in Wash. but will he take a hit once Cooley comes back 100%.

you make a great point. Rex feels very comfortable with Davis. I think either TE is a good option right now, pettigrew is predicted to be the better if stafford can stay healthy. Also in Shannahan's schemes he favors the TE, obviously not as much as the halfback.

Washington is going to much more 2 TE sets this year because most teams can't defend both Davis and Cooley. And it gives a lot of flexibility (they can send one out, keep the other in and vice versa or keep both in to help chip on a run, which actually created some nice seals against AZ this past week)...and they have the TE personnel with Cooley and Davis to do it. Davis came into camp about 12-15 pounds lighter, cut and really in shape. He was good before but now people haven't been able to keep up with him. I like Pettigrew too in that Detroit offense but Davis has been very impressive in 2 just games.

Davis has been and will be a beast IMO. I dont suspect Cooley's is 100% either. Add in the fact that Sexy Rexy is playing out of his mind (as is Stafford). I think Pettigrew is also dinged up a bit (shoulder maybe). Blah blah blah... I give the edge to Fred Davis.

The money I spent on Witten seems to be worth every penny, but with a week 5 bye, I also drafted Pettigrew.

I've since deemed him waivable. Mostly because I have Megatron and Burleson and I should diversify, but also TE's are deep this year. Greg Olsen is available on waivers in my 12 team.

Davis is the better play. Rex loves his TE's, he made a great player out of Dez Clark during the super bowl run when Rex was going good. Pettigrew has to compete with too many guys, including Scheffler, for the ball.

you make a great point. Rex feels very comfortable with Davis. I think either TE is a good option right now, pettigrew is predicted to be the better if stafford can stay healthy. Also in Shannahan's schemes he favors the TE, obviously not as much as the halfback.

Lions homer here: Pettigrew was always supposed to be the #1 receiving TE, but in the first 2 games already he has had some key drops (one being a TD against TB,and a couple on 3rd down). It looks like Stafford has already started to lose confidence in him. In the second half of wk 1 and all of wk 2, he seemed to be looking for Scheffler as his first TE option. It shows, since Scheffler has a TD in each of the first 2 games.

So I wouldn't expect any immediate production out of Pettigrew until he regains Stafford's confidence.

Lions homer here: Pettigrew was always supposed to be the #1 receiving TE, but in the first 2 games already he has had some key drops (one being a TD against TB,and a couple on 3rd down). It looks like Stafford has already started to lose confidence in him. In the second half of wk 1 and all of wk 2, he seemed to be looking for Scheffler as his first TE option. It shows, since Scheffler has a TD in each of the first 2 games.

So I wouldn't expect any immediate production out of Pettigrew until he regains Stafford's confidence.

Om nom nom. This crow is ###### delicious!

pettigrew is still going to be a spotty fantasy player moving forward. there are a lot of different weapons on the lions. pettigrew is a good football player, but he isn't going to be consistent in fantasy football numbers.