Sign in to follow this  
SameSongNDance

Daniel Thomas

Six backs rushed for 100+ yards last week, Daniel Thomas was one of them. He came out of the gates strong, rushing for 107 yards on 18 carries. This is what Evan Silva from rotoworld.com had to say about it in his "Matchups" article..

Chad Henne crashed back to earth after his big opener last Sunday, experiencing marked drops in completion rate (40.0), yardage (170), YPA (5.67), and touchdowns (1). With rookie Daniel Thomas emerging as a viable down-to-down inside run threat, the Dolphins' offense won't have to lean as heavily on the pass as it appeared in Week 1. Henne has resumed low-end QB2 status.

Speaking of Thomas, the Miami Herald reported in late July that the coaching staff's plan entering camp was to make the rookie a "workhorse," with Reggie Bush getting 10-15 touches a game. The idea was put on hold when Thomas struggled in preseason, then suffered a hamstring injury that sidelined him for Week 1. The Dolphins spent August and early September trying to drill into Thomas' head that he must run with more purpose inside the tackles in order to see rookie-year playing time. The light flipped on for Thomas in Week 2. He racked up 18 carries to triple Bush's usage, gaining six-plus yards on nine plays with five gains of double-digit yardage. The coaching staff's initial plan is coming full circle, with Thomas operating as the lead back in the committee. Especially promising for Thomas' long-term value is the Dolphins' confidence in his pass protection. [He was left in for nine blitz-pickup opportunities last Sunday and executed on each, per Pro Football Focus. He'll be an every-down back if Bush gets injured. ... Thomas' maturation has made Bush's fantasy value very dicey. He's likely to revert to a "satellite back" role in what now projects as a more balanced offense. You can't count on more than 12 touches.

Aside from the 5.9 YPC, or five gains of double-digit yardage, I was most impressed by how well he did in the blitz-pickup department. What does everyone think of his value for this year?

I never believed Reggie was a between-the-tackles runner so I've kept an eye on the depth chart. I'm not skeered Diapers Larry will take any time away so I was pleased when Thomas got his "time." So, I've been quietly adding him in all my leagues as a potential breakout #2 RB. Not a total believer but one never knows. And anyone that can hang 100 rushing has some kind of potential, especially on 18 carries.

Sitting Felix and Sproles for DT this week. Hoping for another century mark in yards and at least one trip to the painted grass. Need this guy to come through this week. I have no doubts in DT, the Fins coaching staff not so much.

Drafted him. Hung onto him even after the news of them not being "happy" with him. I knew Bush wouldn't be the everydown back, and someone had to be. Not worried about LJ. Hopefully, he does good...SJax being out is killing me.

should i trade percy harvin for him? I have reggie bush, tolbert, beanie/chester, helu, mccluster (WR only in sportsline)...i lost JC last week.

thinking i should sure up my RBs and i dont have problems at WR with vjax, djax, percy, meachem, nelson, danario.

leaning towards pulling...any thoughts?

should i trade percy harvin for him? I have reggie bush, tolbert, beanie/chester, helu, mccluster (WR only in sportsline)...i lost JC last week.

thinking i should sure up my RBs and i dont have problems at WR with vjax, djax, percy, meachem, nelson, danario.

leaning towards pulling...any thoughts?

Sure. Seems you have depth at WR and it can't hurt to have a solid #2. Of course, he's only shown in one game so far but it's a risk/reward kind of thing. I assume that's David Nelson and not Jordy?... Denario is still a ? because most other receivers are illing (DHB/Ford) so it remains to be seen if he will be THE guy. Still, all indications are the coaches are happy with Moore and he looks to be a bigger part of the offense.

Having said your WR depth is fine, it would appear you need some solid starters at RB. Other than Reggie (10-15 touches/game) and Beanie, it looks like a veritable cast of backups. And DT will be the same. You might be better trading off some of those WR and a backup RB or two for a trade to get a bonafide #2 or #1 RB. JMHO.

Someone dropped him in my league after week 1, and I was amazed to see him still out there after his week 2 performance. So I swooped in and nabbed him.

I think he has a ton of potential and can easily be a decent RB2, depending on his matchups week-to-week.

Considering I drafted Lynch as my 4th RB and now have Thomas instead...I'm very happy.

I picked him up in a couple leagues. I think he has solid RB2 potential based on the number of touches he should get alone. If he's actually any good that's just icing on the cake.

All you Reggie Bush owners already received the bad news that you knew would come sooner or later. In this case, it only took two weeks as rookie running back Daniel Thomas put on a show in his NFL debut. The first-year player out of Kansas State rushed 18 times for 107 yards against a decent Houston Texans' run defense. Meanwhile, Bush only received six carries and put up just 18 yards. Though it’s still very early in the season, it looks as if Thomas has already cemented himself as the premier back in Miami. He will surely get the bulk of the carries in Week 3 and should be close to 100 yards rushing for the second straight week as he goes up against Cleveland. I understand it’s only been one game, but after last week’s performance Thomas should be starting in most formats. Bush is suffering from a groin issue as well, so this is even better news for Thomas owners. Sit Bush, start the rookie and expect a nice fantasy line from him.

- Stevie Rudy Jr (fantasysharks.com)

Looks like he really is getting a lot of hype. I just bought low so I tend to agree.

Huzzah and Good Morrow! The Thomas lad you speak of will surely post 120 all purpose yards on the poor Browns. Add to it the Dolphins will have a lead which leads to a ground control game, and you have yourself a RB2 with RB1 potential! Benson posted 120 on Cleveland, so I see no reason why a refreshed DT with something to prove doesn't do the same. Start with confidence and if you're looking to buy, do it now before Sunday cometh in the morrow. Huzzah!

There's no place like Gnome.

Debating whether I should start him his a flex in a non-PPR league over Reggie Wayne. Figure Thomas has a bigger upside than Wayne does against the Pittsburgh defense. Starting Maclin and Holmes as my 2 WR.

Debating whether I should start him his a flex in a non-PPR league over Reggie Wayne. Figure Thomas has a bigger upside than Wayne does against the Pittsburgh defense. Starting Maclin and Holmes as my 2 WR.

Good morrow young Flounder. Quite the conundrum. Here you have the classis toss-up and it's time to factor in other, well....factors. (Allow myself to introduce...myself.) Wayne: Has Collins throwing to him, likely to be behind, Indy has no running game. Thomas: Will use run to open passing, should handle Cleveland, will use to kill clock. In non-ppr, I like Thomas here. He's the goal-line back and believe they want to see what Sir Thomas can do. Huzzah!

All you Reggie Bush owners already received the bad news that you knew would come sooner or later. In this case, it only took two weeks as rookie running back Daniel Thomas put on a show in his NFL debut. The first-year player out of Kansas State rushed 18 times for 107 yards against a decent Houston Texans' run defense. Meanwhile, Bush only received six carries and put up just 18 yards. Though it’s still very early in the season, it looks as if Thomas has already cemented himself as the premier back in Miami. He will surely get the bulk of the carries in Week 3 and should be close to 100 yards rushing for the second straight week as he goes up against Cleveland. I understand it’s only been one game, but after last week’s performance Thomas should be starting in most formats. Bush is suffering from a groin issue as well, so this is even better news for Thomas owners. Sit Bush, start the rookie and expect a nice fantasy line from him.

- Stevie Rudy Jr (fantasysharks.com)

Looks like he really is getting a lot of hype. I just bought low so I tend to agree.

Reggie Bush had one target last week.

ONE.

How disturbing is that?