Sign in to follow this  
Bring Back the LA Rams

CJ2K is drawing interest - what should I do?

Hey folks,

It's been a rough week after a 2-0 start. Got murdered by a dude with Welker and Brees and lost Britt for the season. Now I'm looking for a WR.

This is my first year ever playing FF and I'm in a 10 team, 1pt PPR league (6pt TD, 1 pt 10 yrds). I believe I drafted pretty well for a rookie. I'm deep at RB with C. Johnson, L. McCoy, Fred Jackson, and Ryan Mathews, but I need a WR. Currently I'm sitting with Colston on my bench (for now) and I was starting Britt, Brandon Marshall and Mike Williams (TB). Britt is dead, M Wiliams is struggling, Marshall needs a QB, and Colston is weeks away. Obviously my wide outs are a weak link, and since we're playing only two RBs and no flex, I've got RB talent on my bench that's going to waste.

One guy in my league has already shown an interest in Chris Johnson - and he currently has both Larry Fitzgerald and Roddy White. He has already said he'd be willing to give up Fitz for CJ2K.

The quesition is... should I move CJ2K so early in the season? I still have McCoy, F Jackson, and Mathews, but CJ could start blowing up. That said, barring injuries, a combination of McCoy, F Jax, and Mathews is pretty damn solid. So, do you think I should trade CJ for a top WR? And, if so, should I go for Fitz or ask for R White?

Thanks in advance for your help.

PS - my QB is Matt Ryan and so far he's been less than impressive. With QBs killing it in our league (1pt, 25 yrds - 6pt TD), I'd love to snag a better QB, but it seems almost impossible.

I would trade CJ2K for Fitzgerald in a heartbeat. You have good depth at RB and there has been no sign that CJ2K will snap out of his funk anytime soon. Plus the Titans have been throwing the ball a ton (although that may change now that Britt's gone down).

I would definitely take Fitz over Roddy since you already have Matt Ryan and that would be putting all your eggs in the basket of an offense that hasn't looked quite right yet this season.

Thanks a lot for your input Flounder - I'm thinking along the same lines you are. Matt Ryan has been underperforming thus far which has hurt Roddy, and Fitz should benefit from playing an easier schedule. I think. Although, things could turn around because the Falcons have more weapons and they are more likely to be in the playoff picture come December.

I'm also toying with the idea of making a play for a better QB. There's a guy in our league who is 0-3 and has Philip Rivers and Cam Newton. His RBs are:

Frank Gore

Dexter McCluster

DeAngelo Williams

Arian Foster

I was thinking of offering him Matt Ryan and CJ2K for Rivers and either Gore or Foster. I'll still have WR problems, but once Colston gets healthy I might be fairly solid and Rivers (although struggling now) cold have some big games in the 2nd half.

Am I crazy?

If you already have a sucker on the line willing to give you Fitzgerald for Johnson, then you should have accepted it already, before his meds wear off.

I doubt you'd get Rivers and Foster/Gore for Ryan and Johnson--and that's probly not even much of an upgrade at QB for you.

Thanks for the input Axe. I obviously really like Fitzgerald, but I'm trying to explore all my options and I'm really worried about Matt Ryan. He's been pedestrian (although I did grab him in the 5th round) and the teams with Brady, Brees, Stafford, Rodgers, Schaub are looking pretty formidable. I'm solid top to bottom, but if Ryan isn't going to start throwing for 300yds and 2-3 TDs every so often, I'm probably in trouble.

And Thanks Matt. I can't believe somebody thought you'd take an injured (and injury prone) Colston for CJ - that's weak.

As a Ryan owner myself, I think there should be both concern and optimism. Obviously he hasn't performed the way we would have wanted but really what's been missing from his stat line other than a few td passes? I know the offensive line has been shaky at best and Ryan looks uncomfortable but I'm willing to bet they start to figure it out with all the talent surrounding him.

Early in the season but he already has 2 300 yard games after having only 1 last season.

He has already thrown for a career high 4 td passes. (apparently that's pretty common these days against the eagles d though...)

After what should be a good matchup at Seattle, despite the road woes and rain concerns, Ryan doesn't play on grass again until week 14 vs Carolina.

That's a solid stretch of good weather games on turf, most at home, where Ryan has excelled.

I think he's a buy low target.

Also seriously does a Carolina, Jacksonville, New Orleans playoff lineup scare anyone? That looks great as well.

Well, so much for that trade. Apparently all those who thought this was too good to be true were correct. The other dude has S Jax and Hightower ready to go and won't part with Roddy or Fitz unless it's for McCoy. He's offering Nate Washington for Mathews, but I don't see that as that big of an upgrade over Sidney Rice who I am expecting to pu on waivers tomorrow.

Hopefully CJ2K will have a couple big games soon and I'll be able to get a better deal.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to post.

I like the trade but you gotta wonder if you can really expect Fred Jackson and Ryan Matthews to produce late in the season... when it matters CJ2K has a pretty favorable playoff matchups but without Britt defenses will be expecting to get the ball and have Hasselback and Washington beat them...

I do it...