Sign in to follow this  
ramblin'wreck

Fred Davis.. sell or keep?

Cooley appears to be healthy. Though he is not the same Cooley he once was, but still he will get some targets that should have gone to Davis. Should I try to sell Fred Davis now that his value is still high (even after Sunday's 1-catch stinker)?? Or ride him for the rest of the year. My other option is Pettigrew.

Yeah I did some research trying to help out that dude in dire need of a TE sleeper this week and noticed Cooley's targets have increased (albeit by not that much) weekly. Still, I say stick with him. What could you possibly get in return? Play the match-ups with Davis and Grew, you'll be fine.

Cooley appears to be healthy. Though he is not the same Cooley he once was, but still he will get some targets that should have gone to Davis. Should I try to sell Fred Davis now that his value is still high (even after Sunday's 1-catch stinker)?? Or ride him for the rest of the year. My other option is Pettigrew.

The thing is his value isnt that high anymore after the nationally televised game that showed cooley get more targets

The thing is his value isnt that high anymore after the nationally televised game that showed cooley get more targets

Targets don't always tell the full story. Here's what Gregg Rosenthal and Chris Wesseling had to say in their "Week 4 Rankings" about Davis...

Chris Cooley is running in quicksand. He’s playing, but he’s not Chris Cooley anymore. He’s getting fewer snaps overall than Fred Davis. With all of the depth at tight end, I wouldn’t hesitate to cut Cooley if you need room. I’d say that Davis is a revelation, but he was on our sleepers last year. We were one year early, but his skill set remains. There isn’t a tight end quite like him, and that’s true even after his quiet Monday night game. When Davis leaps for passes, he looks like the dude in Tecmo Bowl that jumps out of the screen to make a vertical catch. He has the perfect storm for big production in Washington: Rex Grosman’s arm strength is mediocre, Santana Moss has lost a step, and the Redskins’ secondary receivers are vanilla. The team needs a star; Davis is an every-week play. Last week didn’t phase me.

I have him and Graham...so I'll never really start Davis except injury/bye. And I hate rostering 2 TE....but I'm hanging on to him until I can swing him to a TE desperate owner for a low-end WR2.

He's had 2 games at an elite level...and one subpar game. Don't know why you'd want to bail on him unless you have an elite TE ahead of him.

I have Keller and Davis, and am only carrying DMAc, ingram, and hardesty at RB, would you add a Kendall Hunter and ditch Davis, we have very thin benches, 13 player roster

Well, my opponent this week has Fred Davis. He picked him up because Gates has been a big zero. However, instead of dumping Gates, he dumped a backup running back, Daniel Thomas. I grabbed Daniel Thomas for DeAngelo Williams and am considering playing Daniel Thomas this week against him. In my humble opinion, Fred Davis is waiver wire trash. Why not McMichael instead?

Well, my opponent this week has Fred Davis. He picked him up because Gates has been a big zero. However, instead of dumping Gates, he dumped a backup running back, Daniel Thomas. I grabbed Daniel Thomas for DeAngelo Williams and am considering playing Daniel Thomas this week against him. In my humble opinion, Fred Davis is waiver wire trash. Why not McMichael instead?

Now i wish someone would have dropped Thomas for me :thumbsup: After losing Hernandez i claimed Davis last week and dumped Olsen. Of course Olsen has his break out game and Davis does nothing and Cooley gets most the love. So i dropped Davis and picked Olsen back up <_< Dont like Davis much with Cooley back getting healthy and this week vs St Louis not good matchup.

Now i wish someone would have dropped Thomas for me :thumbsup: After losing Hernandez i claimed Davis last week and dumped Olsen. Of course Olsen has his break out game and Davis does nothing and Cooley gets most the love. So i dropped Davis and picked Olsen back up <_< Dont like Davis much with Cooley back getting healthy and this week vs St Louis not good matchup.

I think the key to getting production from a mid to lower tier TE is not chasing points...now Davis will go off and Olsen will be crap

Show me some consistency with this guy. Going back to last year, he seems to follow up a couple of nice games with a couple of stinkers. The talent is there, but he needs to even out the production before he can be considered a top-tier player.

Show me some consistency with this guy. Going back to last year, he seems to follow up a couple of nice games with a couple of stinkers. The talent is there, but he needs to even out the production before he can be considered a top-tier player.

And when Cooley has been healthy Davis has done little to nothing :thumbsup:

Isn't TE by nature a inconsistent position?

I say he finishes top 5-8 provided the Redskins receivers can force teams to not gameplan around stopping Davis. Who knows if they can do that... Moss and Gaffney aren't so scary. Armstrong can stretch the field some.

You may want to re-think this hoss....Thomas came up lame in practice this week....just saying ! :thumbsdown: