Sign in to follow this  
Patriotsfatboy1

Jets videotaping on the sidelines during the game

:lol:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/photo-of-jets-employee-with-sideline-camera-creates-stir/

Photo of Jets employee with sideline camera creates stir

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2011, 9:34 AM EDT

It began last night. And it continues.

Member after member of PFT Planet has sent in a link to a still frame from Sunday’s Jets-Patriots game, featuring the presence of a credentialed member of the Jets staff holding a television camera and pointing it at across the field, presumably at the Patriots sideline.

The image, appearing on the screen for only an instant at the start of the second quarter over the shoulder of offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer, seems to reflect a clear violation of league rules. (And the photo in the link hasn’t been altered; we’ve confirmed the presence of the camera via the game broadcast.)

Specifically, the NFL Game Operations Manual states that “no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches’ booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game,” and that “all video shooting locations must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead.”

I guess if you have a lime green vest on, you can do anything. :dunno:

Jets badge or not, I'm betting that this is an NFL films dude and that each team issues their own badges for these types of people. As for the the Jets t-shirt..I believe NFL films is located in Marlton, NJ or somewhere close. Wouldn't surprise me if he was already a Jets fan.

Jets badge or not, I'm betting that this is an NFL films dude and that each team issues their own badges for these types of people. As for the the Jets t-shirt..I believe NFL films is located in Marlton, NJ or somewhere close. Wouldn't surprise me if he was already a Jets fan.

Exactly...does someone really think they would get away with having a real Jets guy have a freaking TV camera like that? Seriously people?

Exactly...does someone really think they would get away with having a real Jets guy have a freaking TV camera like that? Seriously people?

Actually, you did not read the articles then. This is a guy who works for the Jets. He does their team programming for Jets TV or something like that. This is not an NFL films guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-explain-presence-of-camera-man-on-sidelines/

Jets explain presence of camera man on sidelines

Posted by Mike Florio on October 11, 2011, 9:58 AM EDT

Well, the latest NFL controversy was over before it even really began.

Many of you have been up in arms regarding the presence of a man with a camera on the Jets sideline during Sunday’s game against the Patriots. The camera was pointing out onto the field, and possibly across the field to the Pats sideline.

The Jets have explained to PFT that the man with the camera “works for Jets TV and shoots footage for our team programming.”

The Jets also have pointed out that the league’s 2011 policy on sideline media access permits “[c]lub video crews and video crews from television stations that produce and telecast club-licensed programming (e.g. coaches’ shows, team magazine-style shows, etc.) may also be permitted to have a camera on the sidelines to shoot footage for those club-licensed programs only.”

Also, club-related sideline video personnel are required to wear lime green vests. The man shown with a camera was wearing a lime green vest.

Actually, you did not read the articles then. This is a guy who works for the Jets. He does their team programming for Jets TV or something like that. This is not an NFL films guy.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/11/jets-explain-presence-of-camera-man-on-sidelines/

I think our point remains valid though. This wasn't some chump from the video/scouting department of the Jets. It was for television purposes. And like Sho said, nobody's that stupid to be standing there illegally with a camera of that size...with a Jets badge on.

So basically you started a thread to whine because the Pats got caught cheating years ago...and it turns out the Jets were acting within the rules?

Awesome.

So basically you started a thread to whine because the Pats got caught cheating years ago...and it turns out the Jets were acting within the rules?

Awesome.

Who is whining? I was laughing that it is being brought up.

Do you know the definition of "ironic"? Spygate was brought up by the Jets after a game against the Pats in NE.

This one is coming up after the Jets played the Pats in NE (but not by the Pats). I think that it is much ado about nothing, but I am sure that all of you folks who were up in arms back in 2007 will be all over it.

Who is whining? I was laughing that it is being brought up.

Do you know the definition of "ironic"? Spygate was brought up by the Jets after a game against the Pats in NE.

This one is coming up after the Jets played the Pats in NE (but not by the Pats). I think that it is much ado about nothing, but I am sure that all of you folks who were up in arms back in 2007 will be all over it.

Why would anyone be all over it?

One team was doing something against the rules...got caught and punished.

One team was doing something within the rules...was pointed out and its likely over.

So you started a thread about a TV dude recording a film about the Jets. I learned a lot.

So, flip it around now. What would you say if this was a Patriots TV guy on the sidelines filming ANYTHING? Would you still feel the same way?

I guess irony is lost on you mouthbreathers. Maybe I will just start another WSIS or veto this trade thread. :lol:

So, flip it around now. What would you say if this was a Patriots TV guy on the sidelines filming ANYTHING? Would you still feel the same way?

I guess irony is lost on you mouthbreathers. Maybe I will just start another WSIS or veto this trade thread. :lol:

I wouldn't care if some Pats guy was making a movie about the Pats. Why would I?

I'd care if they were cheating though. Which they did. :dunno:

I wouldn't care if some Pats guy was making a movie about the Pats. Why would I?

I'd care if they were cheating though. Which they did. :dunno:

How do you discern what is a "movie" and what is the other team's sideline? If I am on the sideline and I am filming what is on the field, then can't I also be videotaping signals that the other team is putting out there?

There is no irony.

One was cheating...one was legal.

If the Pats were seen doing this recently and it was determined to be legal...there would be jokes because it is the Pats...but in the end, the reaction would be the same...a meh, its legal, so whats the point.

How do you discern what is a "movie" and what is the other team's sideline? If I am on the sideline and I am filming what is on the field, then can't I also be videotaping signals that the other team is putting out there?

I'm sure the NFL has their tricky ways of figgering this stuff out. :shocking:

So, is the point of your thread that maybe the Pats were filming a movie and weren't really cheating? Double :shocking:

I'm sure the NFL has their tricky ways of figgering this stuff out. :shocking:

So, is the point of your thread that maybe the Pats were filming a movie and weren't really cheating? Double :shocking:

Nope. Interesting irony between the Jets and the Pats and a dude with a camera on the sideline. That is all.

It's also funny because Profootballtalk.com has 2 separate stories on it this morning with all sorts of comments and yet you and Shonuff think that it is not really worth mentioning here. :lol:

Nope. Interesting irony between the Jets and the Pats and a dude with a camera on the sideline. That is all.

It's also funny because Profootballtalk.com has 2 separate stories on it this morning with all sorts of comments and yet you and Shonuff think that it is not really worth mentioning here. :lol:

Dood. Can I see a picture of your turd? :shocking:

Well...if profootball talk has people commenting on it...it must be HUGE news.

Seriously...your proof is that idiots on PFT are commenting on it?

Have you actually read the comments on that focking site?

Many of them make sweetness and hawker look like focking geniuses.

Well...if profootball talk has people commenting on it...it must be HUGE news.

Seriously...your proof is that idiots on PFT are commenting on it?

Have you actually read the comments on that focking site?

Many of them make sweetness and hawker look like focking geniuses.

What "proof" are you talking about? You think that this sh!thole of a bored is somehow "above" discussing this? There are 9 million threads on trade advice and we can't discuss irony. :huh: If you don't watch it, I will invite RP over here. :lol:

What "proof" are you talking about? You think that this sh!thole of a bored is somehow "above" discussing this? There are 9 million threads on trade advice and we can't discuss irony. :huh: If you don't watch it, I will invite RP over here. :lol:

Discuss it all you want...does not mean there is anything going on.

I never claimed it was not worth discussing.

I dismissed it for what it is.

You seem butthurt that people are not all over the Jets on this because they were when the Patriots actually broke the rules.

Suck it up buttercup...quit being such a focking pansy.

Discuss it all you want...does not mean there is anything going on.

I never claimed it was not worth discussing.

I dismissed it for what it is.

You seem butthurt that people are not all over the Jets on this because they were when the Patriots actually broke the rules.

Suck it up buttercup...quit being such a focking pansy.

I never said that they should do anything to the Jets. I said that it was ironic. Why don't you leave this thread alone and you and donhaas can go buttfock yourselves on pile of cheese underneath a picture of Aaron Rodgers. :cheers:

I never said that they should do anything to the Jets. I said that it was ironic. Why don't you leave this thread alone and you and donhaas can go buttfock yourselves on pile of cheese underneath a picture of Aaron Rodgers. :cheers:

What is ironic about it though?

One team cheated...the other is doing something legal.

There is no focking irony here (as I have said).

Keep crying though.

Nobody is beating the Jets up enough...wah!!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry:

What is ironic about it though?

One team cheated...the other is doing something legal.

There is no focking irony here (as I have said).

Keep crying though.

Nobody is beating the Jets up enough...wah!!!!

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing! We know the Pats got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That's been spelled out clearly. What's your problem anyway? He makes a comment based on an article and finds it ironic and states so. No need to get all fired up over it! Jeesh!

How many times are you going to repeat the same thing! We know the Pats got caught with their hand in the cookie jar. That's been spelled out clearly. What's your problem anyway? He makes a comment based on an article and finds it ironic and states so. No need to get all fired up over it! Jeesh!

I guess I will post it as many times as the crying pats fan calls it ironic.

I state why it isn't ironic...whats your problem with that?

That I do it more than once?