Sign in to follow this  
slestack11

Eli and Ingram for Mendenhall and Freeman?

I was recently offered Rashard Mendenhall and Josh Freeman for Eli Manning and Mark Ingram. Would you make this trade? It's mostly a TD league. We can start a QB at the extra position in this league so I typically go with 2 QB's and 2 RB's. Here's my current roster of QB's and RB's:

QB: Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchize, Curtis Painter

RB: Fred Jackson, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch

Please leave a link and I'll answer yours,

Thanks.

I was recently offered Rashard Mendenhall and Josh Freeman for Eli Manning and Mark Ingram. Would you make this trade? It's mostly a TD league. We can start a QB at the extra position in this league so I typically go with 2 QB's and 2 RB's. Here's my current roster of QB's and RB's:

QB: Cam Newton, Eli Manning, Mark Sanchize, Curtis Painter

RB: Fred Jackson, Mark Ingram, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch

Please leave a link and I'll answer yours,

Thanks.

I see no reason not to pull off this trade. You are soft at the RB position as it is besides Jackson. You are fine at QB with Newton and now you get Freeman as a pretty good backup even though he's struggling right now. I see Mendenhall turning it on from here on out as long as he stays healthy. I say pull the trigger. Good luck this week!

Here's my Week 6 Start 'Em Sit 'Em: http://ffblife.com/index.php/michaeliggy/207-omostartsit6

I thought Mendenhall and Josh Freeman were overrated before the season even started. They've done nothing to prove me wrong. I would definitely rather have Eli than Freeman, and I'd rather have Ingram than Mendenhall who's hurt anyway.

I thought Mendenhall and Josh Freeman were overrated before the season even started. They've done nothing to prove me wrong. I would definitely rather have Eli than Freeman, and I'd rather have Ingram than Mendenhall who's hurt anyway.

But you are missing the point where he said he owns the #2 fantasy QB in Cam Newton, so why even worry about who the backup is? And why would you have Ingram over Mendenhall? Ingram has played EVERY WEEK so far this season and he only has 12 more fantasy points than Mendenhall who has basically only played 3 games? Without a doubt in my mind, Rashard ends up with more fantasy points, IF he stays healthy. I don't know why everyone is so down on this guy. He is 100% healthy according to ESPN, and the Steelers LOVE to run. I'm sorry I disagree, I say pull the trigger....

Ingram has been pretty frustrating and I have been forced to start him. The Saints hardly ever run...even when they are at the damned 1 yard line, Brees insists on bootlegging to the TE. Brees is a greedy QB and it pisses me off.

But you are missing the point where he said he owns the #2 fantasy QB in Cam Newton, so why even worry about who the backup is? And why would you have Ingram over Mendenhall? Ingram has played EVERY WEEK so far this season and he only has 12 more fantasy points than Mendenhall who has basically only played 3 games? Without a doubt in my mind, Rashard ends up with more fantasy points, IF he stays healthy. I don't know why everyone is so down on this guy. He is 100% healthy according to ESPN, and the Steelers LOVE to run. I'm sorry I disagree, I say pull the trigger....

Remember, in my league, I can start a QB as my Extra spot. So I tend to like starting 2 QB's. But I also have Mark Sanchize who I can start along with Cam Newton...and I also think Josh Freeman is gonna put up some numbers this week playing from behind against the Saints.

Wow. This is tough. Mendenhall was a 1st round draft pick and top 10 overall on many draft cheatsheets before the season started. Has he dropped off that much? I would definitely be buying low on Mendenhall and Freeman as both have been stinking it up so far. I just hate Ingram so much and have to start him because the alternative would be Reggie Bush or Marshawn Lynch.

For me....I wouldn't do it. I like Mendenhall but Eli will put up points. and I am not sold on the Pitt

o-line just yet. Good Luck! I know Pitt can be scary good but I think I stick with Eli and Ingram.

in my mind this is a no-brainer. you have cam so your backups a wash. even if you can start him as a flex. it's a td league, have you seen mendenhall's schedule?! ingram (as a saints fan) can definitely be a workhorse somewhere but here in NO he'll be used with sproles, and pierre. a workhorse rb with noone fighting for playing time and an underachieving freeman who's bound to turn it up if they want to keep up in the division for an erratic eli and a guy who regardless of potential has to split his time with two other guys? no-brainer.

in my mind this is a no-brainer. you have cam so your backups a wash. even if you can start him as a flex. it's a td league, have you seen mendenhall's schedule?! ingram (as a saints fan) can definitely be a workhorse somewhere but here in NO he'll be used with sproles, and pierre. a workhorse rb with noone fighting for playing time and an underachieving freeman who's bound to turn it up if they want to keep up in the division for an erratic eli and a guy who regardless of potential has to split his time with two other guys? no-brainer.

THANK YOU! Not sure why everyone just keeps putting Mendhenhall down!!! Dude is a TOP 10 RB when HEALTHY. And as of right now, he is healthy....I say pull the trigger but looks like consensus says don't do it.

THANK YOU! Not sure why everyone just keeps putting Mendhenhall down!!! Dude is a TOP 10 RB when HEALTHY. And as of right now, he is healthy....I say pull the trigger but looks like consensus says don't do it.

I'm still contemplating making this deal. Mendenhall and Freeman are total buy-low candidates and Mendy was a 1st rounder in most leagues. It has only been 5 weeks and he's maybe got 12 more TD's to go. But I do agree that Eli is looking really good right now. Doesn't he usually fade in the 2nd half of the season when the weather gets bad though?

I have to agree with this statement completely - Too many cooks in the kitchen in NO and I think Mendenhall will turn it around. thanks for answering mine

I'm still contemplating making this deal. Mendenhall and Freeman are total buy-low candidates and Mendy was a 1st rounder in most leagues. It has only been 5 weeks and he's maybe got 12 more TD's to go. But I do agree that Eli is looking really good right now. Doesn't he usually fade in the 2nd half of the season when the weather gets bad though?

Mendenhall has been hurt and Freeman has played horrible. All Freeman can do is improve from here on out, can't get much worse. And like I said, in my eyes, Rashard is a TOP 10 RB when healthy. Eli is Eli, he can be great, and he can be horrible on any given week. And yes, he tends to fade once winter hits....