Sign in to follow this  
FF Tracker

Too Much For Newton?

I'm in a league where rushing QBs benefit and big bonuses (9 pts rushing TDs). Cam Newton is avg. 35 pts. a game with Tony Romo avg. 22.

I've got Romo and Tim Tebow.

My RBs are: Foster, CJ2K, Hillis, Murray, Battle, Starks, Tate, and Ridley

I've been offered Cam Newton for Murray and CJ2K. I also have a side offer trading Romo and Battle for Ryan Mathews.

Would you make both trades? Would leave me with Newton and my RBs would be Foster, Mathews, Hillis, Starks, Tate, and Ridley. Start 2 and have a flex.

Other option is staying pat with Romo and Tebow, who runs as well.

You are still getting some value for C2KJ and you are selling Murray high.

If you are staying with your current line up, you are gambling on C2KJ, Murray and Battle, if you deal, you are solid going forward.

The second path is so much brighter.

I would do those two trades. Romo has a decent playoff schedule and CJ could pick it up but I think Newton is valuable enough with your scoring to make it worth it overall.

Classic case of name recognition carrying too much weight. CJ has done anything for 7 weeks. Could he? Yes. But Cam I assume has got to be the leading scorer in your league. Murray had a great week vs the worst run defense in the league. So you are getting the best ab in your league for a bust and a one hit wonder to date. How in the heck could you be paying to much. Could CJ turn it around, sure. Could Murray be a 100/1td guy, maybe. They would have to be that at a minimum to make the trade even IMO.