Sign in to follow this  
Bbleehehh9

Greatest fantasy playoff comeback ever?

With my excitement level at an all-time high, I thought I'd see if there are any other exceptional comebacks that can top what my team accomplished this week.

After the completion of the afternoon games on Sunday, my opponent had all of his players done, finishing with a massive 145.48 points! As of this point, I had only had 3 people go. Greg Jennings (yuck), Mike Williams (ouch), and Pierre Thomas (blah). These 3 combined to give me 14.83.

Going into the Sunday night game, I trailed my opponent by an unfathomable 130.65 points. Even with 70% of my team still to play, I needed to average nearly 20 points per player, a daunting task to say the least. The odds were clearly stacked against me.

Sunday night I had the Quintet of Tony Romo, Laurent Robinson, Hakeem Nicks, Jake Ballard and Dan Bailey. Nicks had a huge first quarter, but was tackled just short of a TD. Romo connected with L-Rob for a huge TD in the 2nd Quarter. Romo continued to shine in the 3rd, but even though my team came to play, the effort looked like it would still fall way short. In the 2nd half, Laurent Robinson stepped up and caught a 70 yard pass, but was tackled at the 4. Jake Ballard also answered the bell and caught a big TD pass in the 4th Quarter. Dallas turned the ball over late, giving the G-Men another chance and Ballard caught another huge pass, but again just missed paydirt getting tackled at the 1. Still, The deficit had been trimmed from 130 to around 45. A couple of Romo completions (one to Robinson) brought it down to 39 and put Dallas in range for a Dan Bailey game tying FG! This would cut the deficit to 35, plus give my 5 players another chance in OT!! Sadly, this was not to be. After icing the kicker, the Giants blocked Bailey's 2nd attempt and I would head into Monday night chasing 40 points.

With all the momentum in the world after making up 90 points Sunday night, I still needed Marshawn Lynch and the Seahawks D to make up 40 points Monday night. Early on in the 1st Quarter, the Seahawks blocked a punt and returned it for a touchdown! This was just the break I thought I needed to win. The rest of the half was very uneventful though, with Lynch finishing with around 35 yards. The third Quarter provided more of the same, and I went into the 4th chasing 12 points. Lynch was running hard, but I needed him to find the endzone to give me a chance at this improbable victory.

The Rams drove down the field late in the 4th and had 7! chances from the 1 yard line before Steven Jackson bowled into the endzone. These additional points scored dropped my defense down and made the deficit 11 again with under 4 minutes to go. Time to wave the white flag? After the ensuing on-side kick, Beast Mode took over and rumbled, bumbled and stumbled into the endzone on a 16 yard run. Still, even with this ultimate effort, I trailed by 1.98 points with the Rams getting the ball back. After converting a first down, Sam Bradford dropped back and was sacked for a loss of 11 yards. After being down over 130 points, I was now only 0.98 back!!! All I needed was another sack, interception or fumble! Sadly, the Rams gave up and ran Steven Jackson 3 times to run out the rest of the clock.

I went to bed last night feeling heartbreak, but still proud of the effort my guys turned in. Still though, making up the entire deficit and losing by less than a point was completely brutal. So this morning, I did what any of us would do, and prayed to see a stat correction go in my favor. And to by utter shock, apparently the scorer in the Giants game had mistakenly credited Victor Cruz with a 9 yard catch that should have gone to Hakeem Nicks. Credit me 1.23333 points, and a victory by 0.3!!!

proud of the effort my guys turned in.

This always is so funny, like you had ANY control on what happened on the field...

Regardless if anyone else comments or not, I'm still pretty psyched about it and think it was amazing!

i must say that's pretty epic.

things were looking grim for me headed into the 4th quarter of the afternoon games...

my opponent had packers d and things were looking terrible...but raiders managed to score a td and the guy i picked up to replace cundiff, good old matt prater in a span on 10 minutes gave me about 9 points.

i won by 9 points after cruz had a quiet game. i can say this though...if manningham didn't play i'd be done right now.

This always is so funny, like you had ANY control on what happened on the field...

maybe not, but he DID have control over starting the right players....often drafting a team is only half the battle...knowing football and playing the most minute of matchups is 60% of the game IMO.

all season my strategy was to work the wire for my flex position...and it paid off big time...making the right plays and cutting guys after big games at the right moments.

I think it was 1996. It was the only year that I ever played in a Td only league. Anyway, I had won the previous 4 matchups

against a friend of mine. In the 4pm game I was trailing by 35 points in the 4th qtr and the Broncos were also losing big.

My friend was trash talking big time. I had the J.Elway and E.McCaffery combo. In that 4th Qtr Elway had connected with McCaffery

for 2 Td's cutting his lead down to 15 with only a few min left. The Broncos get the ball back and McCaffery catches another long Td pass.

Lead is now 5. My friend is quieting down now. With not a lot of time left J.Elway ran a bootleg into the endzone for the Broncos win and my team ends up pulling out the win by 1 point.

The look on my friend's face was :wacko: