Sign in to follow this  
HeadlessChikun

Pagano named Colts coach

Very pleased with this! I really hope this will translate into a better defense for the Colts. We still need a DC, but between Pagano and the new DC we get, they should be able to turn our unit around and maybe bring in some solid defenders.

I don't know much about Pagano.

Being only a coordinator for one year how much did he have to do with the Ravens success on D? I

Without knowing anything the Ravens D seemed to have been built by Rex Ryan and Marvin Lewis and carried over by HOFer's Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

I guess he was around the organization for a while though?

They still need an OC to develop Luck.

I don't know much about Pagano.

Being only a coordinator for one year how much did he have to do with the Ravens success on D? I

Without knowing anything the Ravens D seemed to have been built by Rex Ryan and Marvin Lewis and carried over by HOFer's Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.

I guess he was around the organization for a while though?

They still need an OC to develop Luck.

He is a secondary guy. Been a DB coach for a few teams since 2002 or 2003. I'm not entirely sure but I don't think he held a HC position in college either. Yea this is a huge jump for him, 2010 DB coach, 2011 DC, 2011 HC.... :o . He is either really impressive or really lucky.

Very pleased with this! I really hope this will translate into a better defense for the Colts. We still need a DC, but between Pagano and the new DC we get, they should be able to turn our unit around and maybe bring in some solid defenders.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling that you are going to be watching the AFC South Ravens in a few years. As stellar as the Ravens have been on D all these years, they have 1 SB to show for it and they are as boring as hell to watch. Luck will struggle as the team focus switches too much to defense and aging offensive players are not replaced quality starters.

I hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling that you are going to be watching the AFC South Ravens in a few years. As stellar as the Ravens have been on D all these years, they have 1 SB to show for it and they are as boring as hell to watch. Luck will struggle as the team focus switches too much to defense and aging offensive players are not replaced quality starters.

Not if Luck is as good as he is being projected to be. He's had well below average talent at Stanford and has been pretty good.

Colts don't have the personnel to turn into the 'Ravens' overnight but I do think that they will focus on running a bit more, mostly to keep the D fresh, and will look to be more like the Titans under Jeff Fisher than the offensive juggernaut they have resembled for the past few years.

So they are going to draft one of the best QB prospect to come out of college in over a decade and they will bring in a defensive minded guy to run the show.

:rolleyes:

So they are going to draft one of the best QB prospect to come out of college in over a decade and they will bring in a defensive minded guy to run the show.

:rolleyes:

Quarterbacks coach and OC can handle Luck if that is who they take. Let the HC and DC handle the defense.