Sign in to follow this  
svtballa

Dez bryant = big year?

first its his third year which usually holds well for wrs...second he has a whole offseason with romo to figure it out. He could be huge but he could also not know the playbook again..thoughts??

Well he should know the 3 or 4 plays he's learned so far, and then maybe he'll learn one more this season, so we're looking at at least 20percent more plays that he knows.

I don't think odds are in his favor to ever put together a big year for a player with his talent.

1. He's made of glass.

2. He's really dumb.

Its a shame because he's so talented.

Can he stay healthy?

Has he learned how to run routes?

Has he improved his attitude?

Too many questions for me. Obviously the guy has all the talent in the world, but he can also be a tremendous headache.

Atleast for his sake, Laurent Robinson & Martellus Bennett are gone. My question is, with the emergence of Demarco Murray, do the Cowboys try to balance the offensive play-calling or do they let Romo chuck the ball all over the field?

Never been a fan of Bryant because he's so inconsistent & he's typically overdrafted due to his potential. I'll let someone else draft him this year.

Has he learned how to run routes?

by far the most important question. if he can't be a precise routerunner, he isn't going to integrate into garrett's system, and will remain a #2 WR that makes a few highlight reel sandlot plays. he's a young guy and had no offseason last year, but this year he's out of excuses.

my money is still on austin as the #1 receiving option, but i'm not touching either guy until at least the 5th.

by far the most important question. if he can't be a precise routerunner, he isn't going to integrate into garrett's system, and will remain a #2 WR that makes a few highlight reel sandlot plays. he's a young guy and had no offseason last year, but this year he's out of excuses.

my money is still on austin as the #1 receiving option, but i'm not touching either guy until at least the 5th.

Is it a question of can he run routes or that he has no idea what route he is supposed to be running at any given time because he doesn't know playbook?

Is it a question of can he run routes or that he has no idea what route he is supposed to be running at any given time because he doesn't know playbook?

i get the impression that he finally knows which route on the tree he is supposed to be running on any given play, but that's only part of the picture. IMO, his real problem has been imprecision and lazy/freelance routerunning--taking the easy way instead of winning his battle and being in the right window at the right time. in a timing offense, running the right route badly is almost as bad as running the wrong route.

don't get me wrong--he could be a monster this season. but he has a lot to prove.

Romo won't even look his way half the time because he knows Dez has no clue where he's supposed to be when they break the huddle. All he can be sure of is fade routes. Between the 20s I don't think Romo really considers Dez other than on bombs.