Sign in to follow this  
wiscstlatlmia

Redraft Rankings

I understand what you're saying WW. If Richardson is "the guy" that MTSki has to have & won't be there for his next pick, I understand him taking him at the top of the 2nd round.

If I was to make the Richardson pick my rationale would be he's probably one of the last few bell cow running backs available. Decent wideouts & quarterbacks will be available at the 3/4 turn, so take the best available running back now.

yup

now i personally wouldnt have selected Richardson at 2.3, I was going QB all the way, but lets say my top 4 were gone (i have a tier of 2 and a second tier of 2) I still probably would have grabbed someone like Lynch instead.... call me a sucker

i would have gladly selected T-rich at 3.10. there are just so many WR's to choose from and some really great ones with big upside falling to the 5th, 6th and beyond this year in the early goings.

Jim Brown is a quitter.

I wish I could just post hahah but I feel like you guys would think it would be sarcastic

but regardles.... hahaah ... I'm glad Jim Brown isn't a scout

What is wrong with TRich at 15? I have him higher but when was the last time a rookie RB had a top 10 fantasy season?

I know AP in 2007 for sure.. I'm at work and most FF sites are blocked so I cant confirm anyone else...

either way I'm not saying Trich will finish as high or have a year like AP did in his rookie campain but given the RBBC aproach so many teams are going with I am not sure you will see more then 6-8 guys have more touches in 2012.. that and his obvious talent should put him about 6-10 range IMO.

I know AP in 2007 for sure.. I'm at work and most FF sites are blocked so I cant confirm anyone else...

either way I'm not saying Trich will finish as high or have a year like AP did in his rookie campain but given the RBBC aproach so many teams are going with I am not sure you will see more then 6-8 guys have more touches in 2012.. that and his obvious talent should put him about 6-10 range IMO.

Yea, that was the last time I can think of also... and I dont doubt Richardson's talent either. I actually agree with everything you said(I have him at 10), I just think its far from a sure thing, mostly because its the Browns. I really, really hope the Browns dont screw up Richardson's career... that would be a miserable waste of talent

Yea, that was the last time I can think of also... and I dont doubt Richardson's talent either. I actually agree with everything you said(I have him at 10), I just think its far from a sure thing, mostly because its the Browns. I really, really hope the Browns dont screw up Richardson's career... that would be a miserable waste of talent

In 2008, Matt Forte finished 4th, Steve Slaton finished 6th, and Chris Johnson finished 11th. They were ALL rookies. The thing is, Chris Johnson was selected the highest, and he only went 24th. The other two were 2nd and 3rd rounders. To me, drafting a RB high in the draft is kind of foolish. It seems that just as many STUD RB's come from the later rounds. There is a much higher success rate at other positions, and usually teams picking that high have many more pressing needs.

That being said, I wouldn't rank Trent Richardson in my top 10 among RB's. I think 13th-15th seems about right. I would want him as a 3rd rounder, but don't think I could take him much higher (which means I won't be getting him). He has the upside to finish higher, but I think there is a general risk with any rookie RB. Playing for the Browns doesn't make me feel any better about him either.

In 2008, Matt Forte finished 4th, Steve Slaton finished 6th, and Chris Johnson finished 11th. They were ALL rookies. The thing is, Chris Johnson was selected the highest, and he only went 24th. The other two were 2nd and 3rd rounders. To me, drafting a RB high in the draft is kind of foolish. It seems that just as many STUD RB's come from the later rounds. There is a much higher success rate at other positions, and usually teams picking that high have many more pressing needs.

That being said, I wouldn't rank Trent Richardson in my top 10 among RB's. I think 13th-15th seems about right. I would want him as a 3rd rounder, but don't think I could take him much higher (which means I won't be getting him). He has the upside to finish higher, but I think there is a general risk with any rookie RB. Playing for the Browns doesn't make me feel any better about him either.

:thumbsup: :good posting: Its why I'm shying away from Martin for now. Rookie RBS, while some of them blow up... most have growing pains and need a year, and in some cases, two years to get used to the NFL game.

DMC is a prime example. I dont know if everyone forgot about how highly touted he was coming out of college. I would say Trich is the most highly praised runner since dmc. He was filthy in college but look how long it took him to figure it out, at least when hes not injured.

Is this a doug martin thread? I forget. Well doug martin isnt as good as trich and he has a fat slug in blount to steal goal line carries. I think for at least his rookie year you pass until the sixth.