Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

Draft Buddy 2012

Last year we've made some big changes in an effort to make the CC/DB more user-friendly, not the least of which was to combine the Compiler and Draft Buddy into one file. Since we're down to a single file, we've decided to shorten the name down to simply "Draft Buddy". Don't worry all cheatsheet creation functionality is still the program and in fact, we've been able to return some of the features that got lost in last year's makeover.

What's New?

• New name! New logo!
  • Return of the countdown timer :thumbsup:
  • Return of trash talking sound effects *
  • New tab: players picked by position
  • Rushing stats, projections for WR & TE
  • Deeper IDP projections

* If you want the Sound Effects you will need to download the appropriate sounds folder (Windows or Mac) from the Draft Buddy Download area.

For those that don't know, the The DB allows you to create customized cheatsheets for all your leagues and functions also a Draft tracker and manager. You can view screenshots of the program here.

System Requirements: The DB program requires a version of Microsoft Excel in order to function. The benefit of Excel is that Draft Buddy is both Windows and Mac compatible, with one exception - Microsoft lost their heads a few years ago and stripped out vital code making the DB incompatible with Mac Office 2008. The good news is, the CC/DB does work with all other version of Mac Office, including Mac Office 2011.

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here Please make sure you are logged in with your FF Today Account BEFORE you make your purchase. It will make the purchase process much easier for you.

Login Help: If you have any trouble logging in after your purchase to download the Draft Buddy, please send a note to login@fftoday.com and we will assist you ASAP.

Product Support: Mike MacGregor and Mike Krueger will be offering tech support here at this board or you can send an email to compiler@fftoday.com if you have any questions. We will be happy to help!

As we've done in the past our Early Bird Price is $12.95 through July 31st ($16.95 after). Your purchase will entitle you to product updates through the start of the regular season (9/9) and get you one free entry into our $2500 DB Survivor Contest.

Here's our tentative schedule for projection updates. Unscheduled updates will likely occur more this season given the shortened time-span for free agency and trades. Rest assured, we'll be on top of everything.

6/5 - Initial release

6/21 - Done

7/5 - Done

7/12 - Done

7/19 - Done

7/26 - Done

8/2 - Done

8/9 - Done

8/11 - Done

8/16 - Done

8/23 - Done

8/27 - Done

8/30 - Done

9/3 - Done

9/6 - Done

Remember, you don't need to download a new copy of the DB for the projection updates. If you've already purchased the DB...

1. Open up the Draft Buddy

2. Click the "action" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

Draft Buddy

:cheers:

We welcome your feedback on the 2012 version of Draft Buddy in this thread but if you have specific problem or question please start a new thread and we'll be able to respond in a more timely manner. Thanks and happy drafting!

MK

Only a week in and we are already on our second version, version 1.5. Customers who already have 1.0 can login again to download 1.5. Check my announcement post. Plus Projection Pal is also ready. Check my other announcement post.

The 6/21 projections update is up. Go to your copy of Draft Buddy, click the action tab and hit the Update Projections button. You'll get updated projections, ADP and updated depth charts. Enjoy!

Is this years file compatible on the iPad?

Hi edytwinky,

Unfortunately, there is not an iPad version of the Draft Buddy. This will require a separate project, built specifically for the iPad.

There are third-party apps that are compatible with MS Office files and Apple's Numbers (Excel) is also compatible with the MS files. However, none of these apps are robust enough to handle all of the functionality that's in the Draft Buddy. We are investigating solutions for Draft Buddy in tablet form but won't have anything available for this season.

Projections, Rankings, adp, depth charts, etc, have all been updated.

To get the latest projections...

1. Open up the Draft Buddy

2. Click the "action" tab

3. Click the "Update Projections" button

4. Enjoy!

July 12 update is ready. Lots of changes on the defensive player side. Some key changes on offense.

July 19 projection update is up! I apparently missed the news on Mark Ingram. He's up (a little)! And down goes Marshawn and Dez... :doh:

8/2 update is UP!

(And I'm very happy I can post that here.)

8/9 update is ready. Lots of changes this time. Some downgrades for holdouts and injuries (Holmes, Wallace, Austin, T-Rich). Some upgrades from guys slowly building steam as possible fantasy contributors this season (Kev. Smith, Royster, T.O. :blink: ).

Unscheduled projection update just posted! Lots has happened in the last couple days since the scheduled update. Our #4 RB got injured and our #1 LB looks like he is out for the season - although not official. Plus the ever intriguing QB battle in Miami, Julio Jones skyrocketing up his already high ranking, Cedric Benson in GB (also not official) and, and... too many to remember. Just hit Update Projections and check out all the changes. For those drafting, good luck!

Unscheduled update #2 ... we haven't updated the projections since Saturday, but I wanted us to start the week with fresh ADP data and depth charts, particularly since Cedric Benson officially signed and is now the #1 in GB. Plus someone noticed the past stats were not aligning with the proper players for RB and LB positions, caused by a faulty update page for each of those positions. I've fixed that now. So, open up Draft Buddy and hit Update Projections. You'll be all set.

Our next regularly scheduled update will be up Thursday.

Would the draft buddy work for a rookie league auction draft? We only are using rookies from this year's class for the start up of a salary cap dynasty league, I assume it would be compatible?

-thanks

Hi kc. There isn't an explicit option to only include rookies in the player pool, but I think we could figure out a way to do it. Shoot me an email if you like after purchasing and we'll see what we can do. I'm at compiler@fftoday.com

Big drafting weekends fast approaching, and players are already dropping! Redman, Witten top the latest hit list. The projection update is ready along with updated ADP and depth charts. Go to the action tab and hit Update Projections to get the latest info.

Usually but I can't guarantee it unfortunately. Too many cogs in the FF Today machine to say for certain.

Thanks, understood. If you can post here, I would appreciate it. I'll update at 9 and run to my draft.

Hey Mike M., How's it going.

I haven't picked up my copy of DB 2012 yet but I had a quick question. Do selected players still only get greyed out or is the option back for them to be cleared completely once drafted? The reason I ask is that I use another spreadsheet that I'd like to "link" to DB so that when I draft a player in DB he would disappear on my other sheet. This is not possible if the player can only be greyed out on DB.

Thanks,

John

Hey John. I'm good, thanks. Still only greyed out. Sorry! Although I'm sure we could figure out something similar on the other spreadsheet, no? Actually maybe we could reference a different part of Buddy to tell the other spreadsheet a player is either still available or already drafted, whichever works best.

8/23 update is now ready for the upcoming big draft weekend! Good luck!

WIth so much movement and T.O. tweeting goodbye to the 'Hawks and Krueger really being on the ball, we ran an unscheduled update just now with those changes and a bunch more to give everyone drafting the next few days the latest info to work from. Go hit Update Projections on the action tab. Good luck in your drafts!

Just making sure this you don't need internet access to run the draft buddy. Its a program you download correct? Just making sure, thanks...

Just making sure this you don't need internet access to run the draft buddy. Its a program you download correct? Just making sure, thanks...

Hi kcBlitzkrieg,

Yep, one of the nice things about Draft Buddy is that you don't need an Internet connection at your draft. You only need an internet connection to download the product and to receive updates.

Hi kcBlitzkrieg,

Yep, one of the nice things about Draft Buddy is that you don't need an Internet connection at your draft. You only need an internet connection to download the product and to receive updates.

Ok perfect, I look forward to using it with two upcoming drafts this weekend...thanks

Our latest schedule update is up. Cheers! :cheers:

Think I fell asleep at my keyboard before I could post here. The offense + ADP are done. IDP is not yet. You can hit Update Projections now. I'm working on the IDP and will post again when that is ready.

9/3 update is ready! Go to the action tab and hit Update Projections. Stay thirsty (and draft well) my friends :cheers:

OK. I just got the 9/6 update from you guys. And, Ogletree is nowhere in the rankings. And, Romo didn't move.

Did you guys consider last nights games in the 9/6 update? (BTW: my draft is 9/8, which is why this update is crucial for me.)

The scoring options changed this year for WR/TE, to match RB, so those scoring categories are not in the right spot. They must have copied over from a prior year file wrong. Highlight your RB scoring from the first category (rush attempts) to the last category (100+ receiving yard game) and over to the Decimal column. Hit CTRL-C to copy. Then put it in the exact same spot for WR. Paste using CTRL-V. Repeat same for TE. Now hit Compile Cheatsheets, and the rankings for those positions should look a lot better. That do it?

9/6 update is up. Not a lot of changes at this point of course, but for the latest and greatest - for those of you still drafting - hit Update Projections and you're all set. Thanks, and have a great season!

The scoring options changed this year for WR/TE, to match RB, so those scoring categories are not in the right spot. They must have copied over from a prior year file wrong. Highlight your RB scoring from the first category (rush attempts) to the last category (100+ receiving yard game) and over to the Decimal column. Hit CTRL-C to copy. Then put it in the exact same spot for WR. Paste using CTRL-V. Repeat same for TE. Now hit Compile Cheatsheets, and the rankings for those positions should look a lot better. That do it?

That did it. Thanks very much.

OK. I just got the 9/6 update from you guys. And, Ogletree is nowhere in the rankings. And, Romo didn't move.

1eyed jack - Ogletree didn't get moved yet... hang tight for an update later today. Romo's numbers aren't going to change.

1eyed jack - Ogletree didn't get moved yet... hang tight for an update later today. Romo's numbers aren't going to change.

Thanks! Your tool rocks (I've subscribed for at least 5 years.)

1iJ