Sign in to follow this  
420allstars

Forte/Bush

So I own Forte on a Dynasty Team and have been trying to handcuff him since the Bush signing a month or so back..

My question is not wheather I should be Handcuffing him.. IMO I need to protect my RB1 against Holdout or Injury..

My question is what is Bush's Value? His owner wants me to pay these insane premium players (Starks and a late pick) (Titus Young and a LB) (Fred Davis and the same LB)

anyone had sucess picking up bush?

picks players?

how big of a role do you guys think he's going to play this year?

So I own Forte on a Dynasty Team and have been trying to handcuff him since the Bush signing a month or so back..

My question is not wheather I should be Handcuffing him.. IMO I need to protect my RB1 against Holdout or Injury..

My question is what is Bush's Value? His owner wants me to pay these insane premium players (Starks and a late pick) (Titus Young and a LB) (Fred Davis and the same LB)

picks players?

When you take a look at how the Bears used Barber last season, it's pretty easy to see a much more talented back like Bush getting 10 carries/week, plus goal line duties. I'm expecting Bush to be this years Tolbert.

When you take a look at how the Bears used Barber last season, it's pretty easy to see a much more talented back like Bush getting 10 carries/week, plus goal line duties. I'm expecting Bush to be this years Tolbert.

I think people will over value Bush because of the #'s he put up last season, but that was with nearly 300 touches. The only way he comes close to that this year is if Forte misses significant time.

I had the same issues you are facing now and couldn't get Bush for fair value. One owner wanted D. Bowe for Bush and another wanted my first round rookie draft pick. I opted to trade Forte instead. This was a week after the draft, so what I was able to get for Forte was still decent, but I would not touch him now until the holdout is cleared up. I expect Bush to take between 10% and 20% of his carries, plus his goal line touches and some 3rd down duties, which leaves both of them as less than useless. Forte will go too early in drafts as will Bush.

He is worth more only to you. Can't blame him for trying. But Titus young is guy I'd move.

The Bears have been a horrible goal line team for ages. They also never seem to do well with balancing work loads with two backs.

He is only really valuable as insurance.

I am not in a dynasty league but I am guessing he would be pretty valuable if Forte goes down. Other than that I don't see a reason to pay for him.

I'm not normally a fan of handcuffing but in this case I would say it's okay. Bush is going to be effective even if Forte is playing. If Forte goes out, like he often does, you know Bush can pick up right where he left off. Go for it.

picks players?

I'd trade Starks & a late pick for him in an instant.

I think people will over value Bush because of the #'s he put up last season, but that was with nearly 300 touches. The only way he comes close to that this year is if Forte misses significant time.

Pretty much this.

Plus, Forte is very unlikely to hold out. He's getting paid something like 7 million this year, there's no way he misses those game checks. Its easy to hold out when you're on the final year of your rookie deal, and you're giving up like $40,000 a game. When you're giving up $400,000 a game, you're never holding out.

Forte also rarely misses time due to injury. I wouldn't give up anything to handcuff him.

I'd trade Starks & a late pick for him in an instant.

Dosent seem so easy IMO, thats a starter for a back-up.

Also if I did that I would have to rely on Bush as my Flex/bi-week guy..

not what I had planned...

I would let the guy hold onto Bush an waste a roster spot. Forte has never been TD machine, so all this talk about losing goal line carries is a mute point. Forte value is in his total yardage, and receptions in a ppr league. These numbers won't change with Bush. Forte has had goal line backs and change of pace backs his entire career, yet still managed 1500 total yards a season with at least 50 receptions a year. And as stated in an earlier post, Forte is extremely durable. Last year was the first year tht Forte has ever missed any time with an injury (and it wasn't. Major injury). Reports came out last year, that if the Bears had a shot at the playoffs he would have played. The Bears shut him down because there was no reason to bring him back for meaningless game and risk reinjuring him.

There have been very few times I have ever seen the point in handcuffing someone. 99% of the time, it just isn't worth the roster spot to hold someone's back up.

I would let the guy hold onto Bush an waste a roster spot. Forte has never been TD machine, so all this talk about losing goal line carries is a mute point. Forte value is in his total yardage, and receptions in a ppr league. These numbers won't change with Bush. Forte has had goal line backs and change of pace backs his entire career, yet still managed 1500 total yards a season with at least 50 receptions a year. And as stated in an earlier post, Forte is extremely durable. Last year was the first year tht Forte has ever missed any time with an injury (and it wasn't. Major injury). Reports came out last year, that if the Bears had a shot at the playoffs he would have played. The Bears shut him down because there was no reason to bring him back for meaningless game and risk reinjuring him.

There have been very few times I have ever seen the point in handcuffing someone. 99% of the time, it just isn't worth the roster spot to hold someone's back up.

Kind of like hancuffing tebow and his backup shonn greene? Or visa versa?

Kind of like hancuffing tebow and his backup shonn greene? Or visa versa?

Personally I like to handcuff my kickers, you never know when the turf monster will reach up and grab one of them.

Personally I like to handcuff my kickers, you never know when the turf monster will reach up and grab one of them.

I drafted with a guy who drafted an indoor kicker about rnd 13/18 then an outdoor kicker in 16/18. I laughed my balls off. He was a co owner and the other guy couldnt make it to the draft. The guy who couldnt make it was pissed.

Dosent seem so easy IMO, thats a starter for a back-up.

Also if I did that I would have to rely on Bush as my Flex/bi-week guy..

not what I had planned...

Starks is a starter? I know Grant is gone but he hasn't proven anything, IMO. Plus he has Kuhn vulturing goalline TD's & has Alex Green waiting in the wings as well.

Not sure if you've ever tried to rely on Starks or the GB running game, but it's a frustrating venture. I understand it's a dynasty league so there are so very few starting running backs to go around.

What ever happened to Khalil Bell? I had the balls to start him over some proven commodities in two championships & he didn't disappoint. Looked great in that game against the Vikings but haven't heard much about him this offseason.

What ever happened to Khalil Bell?

He got his night-manager job back at Taco Bell

Starks is a starter? I know Grant is gone but he hasn't proven anything, IMO. Plus he has Kuhn vulturing goalline TD's & has Alex Green waiting in the wings as well.

per roto: With free agent Ryan Grant out of the backfield picture, the Packers are committed to James Starks as their lead back.Just as he did in OTAs, Starks handled first-team reps in Tuesday's minicamp session. "He's a young raw guy that needs to play," said coach Mike McCarthy. "If he can stay healthy, I think he'll make a significant jump as a player." For the primary back in an explosive offense, Starks has received surprisingly little buzz this offseason. He's well worth the price tag at his current late-sixth round ADP.

James Starks is handling all of the first-team tailback reps at Packers OTAs.In a story that's generated surprisingly little fanfare, Starks has taken almost full control of the Packers' lead back duties with Ryan Grant still shopping his wares in free agency and not expected back. OC Tom Clements also mentioned Brandon Saine as a competitor for significant snaps, but he's a middling talent and Alex Green is coming off a torn ACL. It's clearly Starks' job to lose

Yes! he is the starter..

and in a 16 team league he is a pretty decent RB3..

per roto: With free agent Ryan Grant out of the backfield picture, the Packers are committed to James Starks as their lead back.Just as he did in OTAs, Starks handled first-team reps in Tuesday's minicamp session. "He's a young raw guy that needs to play," said coach Mike McCarthy. "If he can stay healthy, I think he'll make a significant jump as a player." For the primary back in an explosive offense, Starks has received surprisingly little buzz this offseason. He's well worth the price tag at his current late-sixth round ADP.

James Starks is handling all of the first-team tailback reps at Packers OTAs.In a story that's generated surprisingly little fanfare, Starks has taken almost full control of the Packers' lead back duties with Ryan Grant still shopping his wares in free agency and not expected back. OC Tom Clements also mentioned Brandon Saine as a competitor for significant snaps, but he's a middling talent and Alex Green is coming off a torn ACL. It's clearly Starks' job to lose

Yes! he is the starter..

and in a 16 team league he is a pretty decent RB3..

I know, I was just busting your chops a lil bit. Had Starks on a few teams last year & only used him as a bye week/injury filler. He was very disappointing to own. Hopefully he carves out a nice role in that offense but it remains to be seen. A starter is much more valuable than a backup in any format but if Forte was to get injured or holdout, I'd value Bush more than Starks. Just my $.02