Sign in to follow this  
Fresh1

Breakouts for 2012

More Here - http://www.ffblife.com/Latest/fantasy-football-breakouts.html

Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears – It has been 10 years since Chicago has had a receiver reach 1,000 yards. Marty Booker to be exact…I know disgusting right? Well Jay Cutler finally has some targets. An offensive line on the other hand, who knows? The almighty Gabe Carimi is supposedly healthy now and will help the Bears’ dreaded offensive line, or at least that’s what the front office is praying. Mike Martz is gone (exit 5-7 step drop backs). Mike Tice is in (enter 3-5 step drop backs). Jeremy Bates is reunited again with Jay, who says Bates is one of his favorite coaches. Brandon Marshall is here. Chicago drafted Alshon Jeffery to fill the deep threat that the Bears have been missing since...well forever. Earl Bennett has grown and been reliable. Devin Hester is somewhere in the mix though Johnny Knox might not play a down this year. Still Chicago finally has some better targets for Jay Cutler, so a breakout season is in the works here. This is going to be one of Jay Cutler’s most productive years in recent history. We all know about the connection of him and Marshall back in the Denver days. Two consecutive 1,000 yard seasons and NOBODY in the NFL had more receptions besides the great Wes Welker. I know Cutler isn’t really that “likeable” of a guy, but c’mon people! Robert Griffin III currently has a higher ADP (8.06) over Jay Cutler’s (9.06). Big Ben is also being drafted ahead of Jay. Sorry, but there is no way I would ever draft RGIII over Cutler that early. No thank you. Big Ben possibly, but Cutler still should turn out statistically better than both of those guys.

Stevan Ridley, New England Patriots – I know, New England is a passing team on every down. I get it. The thing is, BenJarvus Green-Ellis had 24 touchdowns the last two years. 24 touchdowns in 410 carries. New England is a passing team, but has no problem rushing at the goal line. Joseph Addai is no guarantee to make the team, and judging from what we saw in glimpses last season, my money is on Ridley’s talent to win out. He won’t be a 300 carry guy, but a lesser talented Green-Ellis had over 1000 yards and 13 TDs just two years ago on 229 carries. A more talented Ridley could top that.

Demaryius Thomas, Denver Broncos – In 5 games started last season, with Tim Tebow as his quarterback, DT finished with 551 yards and 4 touchdowns. And that doesn’t include his 204 yard TD performance against the Steelers in the playoffs! If that wasn’t enough to excite someone going into his next year, how about this? His team added some guy named Peyton Manning to throw to him. The number 1 receiver with great size and athletic ability in a Peyton Manning led offense? Saying anything else is a repetitive read.

Jared Cook, Tennessee Titans – I had Jared Cook as a sleeper last year and he provided some quality games for his owners. I, like I think he is, am ready to take the next step and list him as a full blown breakout candidate. Cook had all world talent at tight end; size, speed, and athleticism, he just needed to put everything together. Final 3 games: 21 catches, 335 yards, 1 touchdown. With Chris Johnson holding safeties, Kenny Britt back out wide, and newly drafted Kendall Wright providing another speed threat outside, Cook could thrive.

See the rest at http://www.ffblife.com/Latest/fantasy-football-breakouts.html

Nice list. I agree with all but Cutler - I'll never draft that weak POS.

Ridley is the biggest crapshoot of the bunch. I can see him either blowing up or being barely playable. You never know with NE.

Nice list. I agree with all but Cutler - I'll never draft that weak POS.

Ridley is the biggest crapshoot of the bunch. I can see him either blowing up or being barely playable. You never know with NE.

Belichek does play a lot of mind games. I know they'll throw quite a bit this year but you have to love the running room Ridley should see if he's the guy. Thanks for checking it out. A lot more at the link

Belichek does play a lot of mind games. I know they'll throw quite a bit this year but you have to love the running room Ridley should see if he's the guy. Thanks for checking it out. A lot more at the link

thats a BIG if IMO.. wouldnt touch him till way late in a redraft..

thats a BIG if IMO.. wouldnt touch him till way late in a redraft..

Haha, love the "if". And yes, you're right, Billy Hoodie is notorious for switching up. BJGE did well last year and if Ridley is the guy, he has the talent to do the same, especially later in the season when teams do whatever they can to not let Brady beat them. Ridley also isn't being drafted too high to have to bank on him as your RB2.

Whichever runningback ShannyRat cuts in preseason should be good for weeks 2-4

Hey, these are the exact same guys I like. I was able to draft Ridley and Cook.

Hey, these are the exact same guys I like. I was able to draft Ridley and Cook.

Did you get any of the others we listed?

Did you get any of the others we listed?

No, I got Vick in the 4th and Romo was still there in the 7th so took him, and Cutler went one pick later, so I got the value I was looking for at QB, and traded Romo for Colston and Palmer. I was prepared to draft Cutler as my starter. DeMaryius went early to another savy drafter who always sees the upside in young players. I would have had to drafted DeMaryius in the 4th round instead of Vick to get him. The guy that took Cutler one the league last year and won it 3 times in the last 6 years. Cutler is his starter. He didn't realize Peyton Manning was still available though.

12 team ppr league of fftoday people. We drafted early June. Here's how they went

round 5 pick 3 Demaryius Thomas WR

round 7 pick 7 Jay Cutler QB

round 8 pick 7 Stevan Ridley RB

round 9 pick 6 Jared Cook TE

No, I got Vick in the 4th and Romo was still there in the 7th so took him, and Cutler went one pick later, so I got the value I was looking for at QB, and traded Romo for Colston and Palmer. I was prepared to draft Cutler as my starter. DeMaryius went early to another savy drafter who always sees the upside in young players. I would have had to drafted DeMaryius in the 4th round instead of Vick to get him. The guy that took Cutler one the league last year and won it 3 times in the last 6 years. Cutler is his starter. He didn't realize Peyton Manning was still available though.

12 team ppr league of fftoday people. We drafted early June. Here's how they went

round 5 pick 3 Demaryius Thomas WR

round 7 pick 7 Jay Cutler QB

round 8 pick 7 Stevan Ridley RB

round 9 pick 6 Jared Cook TE

Nice. Ridley in 8 could pay off and I have big expectations for Cook. Check out the link for the rest of the breakout picks.

http://www.ffblife.com/Latest/fantasy-football-breakouts.html

Yes, I got Antonio Brown in the 6th round.

I'm also high on Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

And my plan was to trade up to the top of the 2nd round and get Trent Richardson, but I couldn't trade up and he got drafted at 2.01 - the guy at 2.02 really wanted Trent Richardson there. I took DeMarco Murray in the mid-2nd round.

Yes, I got Antonio Brown in the 6th round.

I'm also high on Matt Ryan and Julio Jones.

And my plan was to trade up to the top of the 2nd round and get Trent Richardson, but I couldn't trade up and he got drafted at 2.01 - the guy at 2.02 really wanted Trent Richardson there. I took DeMarco Murray in the mid-2nd round.

You've got a team full of young talent.

Kind of how I always go for younger players with upside or just players with high upside and risk.

I'm hoping I can finally win this league. It's made up of very good ff players. I drafted Adrian Peterson in the 3rd round in 2007 when I joined this 1 keeper league. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 D. Here's my team:

Michael Vick QB

Adrian Peterson RB

DeMarco Murray RB

Hakeem Nicks WR

Marques Colston WR

Stevie Johnson WR

Antonio Brown WR

Jared Cook TE

Sebastian Janikowski K

Chicago Defense D

Stevan Ridley RB

Toby Gerhart RB

Felix Jones RB

Carson Palmer QB

Alshon Jeffery RC WR

Randall Cobb WR

Chad 85 WR

Greg Olsen TE

Kind of how I always go for younger players with upside or just players with high upside and risk.

I'm hoping I can finally win this league. It's made up of very good ff players. I drafted Adrian Peterson in the 3rd round in 2007 when I joined this 1 keeper league. We start 1 QB, 1 RB, 3 WR, 2 Flex, 1 K, 1 D. Here's my team:

Michael Vick QB

Adrian Peterson RB

DeMarco Murray RB

Hakeem Nicks WR

Marques Colston WR

Stevie Johnson WR

Antonio Brown WR

Jared Cook TE

Sebastian Janikowski K

Chicago Defense D

Stevan Ridley RB

Toby Gerhart RB

Felix Jones RB

Carson Palmer QB

Alshon Jeffery RC WR

Randall Cobb WR

Chad 85 WR

Greg Olsen TE

Chad 85 could do well, I like Jeffery as well. Nicks I love, hopefully you got him at an injury price too, as people have been scared of him (I am not!!!).

No, we drafted before Nicks got injured. I took him in the 3rd round. He should be healthy in time. I added Chad 85 and Greg Olsen with add/drops.

No, we drafted before Nicks got injured. I took him in the 3rd round. He should be healthy in time. I added Chad 85 and Greg Olsen with add/drops.

3rd still a good place for Nicks. Love that guy, lol. Anyways good luck this year, hopefully those young guys perform for you.

3rd still a good place for Nicks. Love that guy, lol. Anyways good luck this year, hopefully those young guys perform for you.

Thanks Fresh. I'll have to read your stuff.

Thanks Fresh. I'll have to read your stuff.

Thanks, much appreciated.

Nice list. I like Meachem over Floyd though. He'll be playing the position vacated by VJax. Gates will continue to get most of the looks on the intermediate routes.

Appreciate you taking the advice of the forum members and posting some of the content from your article on the site. It sparked enough interest for me to actually click the link and read the entire list.

Nice list. I like Meachem over Floyd though. He'll be playing the position vacated by VJax. Gates will continue to get most of the looks on the intermediate routes.

Appreciate you taking the advice of the forum members and posting some of the content from your article on the site. It sparked enough interest for me to actually click the link and read the entire list.

I like Meachem this year as well, Floyd too. Without VJax, Rivers could spread it more but Floyd looked good late in the year, even with VJax. Mathews should catch a good amount as well.

No problem, intention was never to offend anyone. Just want to give our opinions. Hopefully I can get better at that in the future.