Sign in to follow this  
FF Tracker

Where Should I pick In 14-team NonPPR?

I'm in a 14-team non-PPR with 6 pts all TDs. QBs get 1 pt per 20 yards and 10 pts for 350+ games, which makes them a premium. RBs/WRs get 10 pts for 175+ games.

Also, you get 9 points for non-positional TDs, so Cam Newton would get 9 for a rushing TD, Darren Sproles 9 for a receiving, DeSean Jackson 9 for a rushing, etc...

We drew #s to pick the spot where we draft and I drew the second choice. The first choice took the #3 pick. Where do you think I should choose to pick in a 14-team with that setup?

I'm thinking of 5-6 range which would guarantee me an elite RB or QB, but QBs tend to fly off the board in this league.

I'm in a 14-team non-PPR with 6 pts all TDs. QBs get 1 pt per 20 yards and 10 pts for 350+ games, which makes them a premium. RBs/WRs get 10 pts for 175+ games.

Also, you get 9 points for non-positional TDs, so Cam Newton would get 9 for a rushing TD, Darren Sproles 9 for a receiving, DeSean Jackson 9 for a rushing, etc...

We drew #s to pick the spot where we draft and I drew the second choice. The first choice took the #3 pick. Where do you think I should choose to pick in a 14-team with that setup?

I'm thinking of 5-6 range which would guarantee me an elite RB or QB, but QBs tend to fly off the board in this league.

I would be going QB all the way.

With that scoring Rodgers is justifiably the #1 pick. I'd also look at Foster/Shady/Rice/Mathews as run/receiving scoring beasts. If you take 4 or 5 you're going to get one of the top 3 RBs or a top flight QB. Same can't be said if you draft any later than 8.

Considering the scoring system, in 2011:

Rodgers had 3 games over 350.

Matthew Stafford had 5 games over 350.

Tom Brady had 5 games over 350.

Drew Brees had 8 games over 350.

I might look to take one of those guys nearer to the end of the first round and pair them up with a better RB1.

Just food for thought.

Considering the scoring system, in 2011:

Rodgers had 3 games over 350.

Matthew Stafford had 5 games over 350.

Tom Brady had 5 games over 350.

Drew Brees had 8 games over 350.

I might look to take one of those guys nearer to the end of the first round and pair them up with a better RB1.

Just food for thought.

See, I think those 4 and Newton (14 rushing TDs in a 9-pt rush TD league) could end up being the top 5 picks. If that's the case, do I take #5 and take who falls or draft a RB in 5-7 range like Foster/McCoy/Rice and hope a good QB falls.

Last year it was a 12-team league and 7 QBs went in the first 2 rounds.