Sign in to follow this  
JREarly

PLEASE Rate My Team! First Draft of Season!

First draft of the season yesterday afternoon. This is a 12 team league and here are the league settings:

1 point for 10 yards rushing/receiving

1 point for 25 yards passing

6 points for all TD's

3 points for every 5 receptions

2 points for 50+ yard TD

3 points for 100+ yards rushing/receiving

3 points for 300+ yards passing

I picked 8th out of 12 and there were 18 rounds.

Projected Starters:

QB - Matt Ryan (5th round)

WR - Wes Welker (2nd round)

WR - Jordy Nelson (3rd round)

RB - Matt Forte (1st round)

RB - Darren Sproles (4th round)

FLEX - Eric Decker (6th round)

TE - Jacob Tamme

K - Neil Rackers

DEF - Patriots

Projected Bench:

QB - Andrew Luck

WR - Nate Washington, Randall Cobb, Brian Quick

RB - Ben Tate, Donald Brown, Isaac Redman, JaQuizz Rodgers

TE - Joel Dreessen

I love my starting WR's, as these were guys that I had really high on my list (especially with some points for receptions). This is part of the reason I put more emphasis on drafting bench RB's (I love Brown this year and possibly Tate and Rodgers if injuries occur to Foster/Turner). Thrilled to get Ryan in the 5th and Decker in the 6th. I took both Denver TE's just because I know they will both get their chance. I picked a defense and kicker in the last 2 rounds. Please let me know what you think, I would greatly appreciate it!

It's hard for me to judge with such a wonkey point system, but it looks solid. Matty Ice in the 5th is a steal in my opinion. I see him being a top 5 QB this year. Obviously your TE spot is probably a bit weak, but I'm usually the same. You have some spectacular depth at RB. You could easily move one or two of those as the season goes on and injuries pile up. Your depth behind your two starters at WR is somewhat questionable, but you can't have great depth everywhere!

Here's mine: http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404454

Thanks in advance, and good luck!

Thanks for your reply. I agree the point system is a little different than most. I put more value in the reception points than the long TD points, as the reception points should be obtained more often. I was very excited to get Ryan in the 5th as I also believe he will have a huge year. QB's were drafted early in this draft (5 in the 1st round!) so I was a little worried I wouldn't get him. My TE's are suspect yes, but I am hoping Manning makes one of them into something solid. I love my top 3 WR's so as long as they stay healthy and one of my bench guys is decent I will be happy; plus I have no problem using the WW. I usually draft RB/RB in the first two rounds but since I didn't I made sure to get some late value there. I will check yours out, thanks again!

Nice team. Nelson isn't a PPR machine, but Decker and Welker more than make up for him.

Sproles/Forte backed up with Tate/Brown/Q are in excellent shape.

Ryan's primed for a breakout year, and getting him in the 5th was great drafting.

Only issue I see is agonizing over who will get Peyton's love each Sunday between Tamme/Dreesen. At least you got them both :)

Thoughts on my team? http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404449

Thanks for the response. I know Nelson won't be a PPR machine but in that offense he should get plenty of yards and chances for TD's. I feel good about my RB depth, hoping my WR depth doesn't cause too many issues. I picked both Denver TE's because their bye week isn't until week 7. I am hoping by then one of these guys is standing out above the other and I can drop the other for a bye week filler. If Ryan comes through, I really like my team. I will reply to yours, thanks!

Is this a PPR league. I couldn't tell form the post. At first glance, it looks like a very solid team, especially in PPR. If not PPR, still a pretty good squad.

The only thing I'm not super high on is your RB's. Both Forte and Sproles are upper level RB2's IMO. Wouldn't be too excited with either as a RB1. Then you got two RB back-ups that will need an injury to get significant playing time and Redman/Brown who are both marginal NFL tailbacks. Both of them would be back-ups on 90% of the team in the NFL.

Please see mine.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=404516

Thanks for the response. It is not PPR but you get 3 points for every 5 receptions. I am not super excited about my top 2 RB's but I do like them, especially with the rest of my team (QB and WR's). I am higher on Brown this year than most people and Tate could still do decent if they limit Foster at times. He was basically my "high reward" pick. I took Redman way late hoping Mendenhall doesn't fully recover. I will respond to yours, thanks!

To be perfectly honest, I'm not crazy about the team. Potential, sure....good upside WR's....but I see potential issues elsewhere,

With 6 point passing TD's, I take a tier one QB in the 1st or the turn in the 2nd....was Stafford available? Everybody loves Ryan, and he could do well this year, but we forget that Ryan often struggled on the road last season.

I would have passed on Welker(competition) in the 2nd and Jordy(competition) in the 3rd and Sproles(competition) in the 4th, and got a Graham/Gronk and RB's........ and then a couple of Harvin/Lloyd/A. Brown/McGahee/Hillis-type players in mid rounds.....much better value for similar production imho.

Note: I am a crack-smoker

If this was a non PPR league I would say Forte in the first wouldn't have been my move, but he catches a lot of passes so it could work out for you. I am not too familiar with PPR leagues. Other than that, team looks good. Welker jumps up the WR board in PPR, I do know that haha.