Sign in to follow this  
steel827

Any concerns with Rodgers?

I know Benson is OK at best, but he is the best they've had in the Rodgers era. Any concerns Rodgers and the Packers look to run close to the end zone and lessen Rodgers numbers?

I don't think so. Rodgers is great on his feet, especially around the endzone. Benson will get a few, but no more the group of backs the last few years.

It's not really a point that will it decrease his numbers but more of a reassurance he doesn't get killed doing a quarterback sneak. Rodgers had Kuhn vulturing TD's last season so I think it'd eat more into Kuhn's #'s if anything.

Like all good quarterbacks, if Rodgers sees the defense giving him reason to audible out of a run into a pass, he's gonna pull the trigger. Benson will give Rodgers a little more freedom to run an efficient offense by making the play-action more believable than Starks & Co. has done the past couple years.

It's not really a point that will it decrease his numbers but more of a reassurance he doesn't get killed doing a quarterback sneak. Rodgers had Kuhn vulturing TD's last season so I think it'd eat more into Kuhn's #'s if anything.

Like all good quarterbacks, if Rodgers sees the defense giving him reason to audible out of a run into a pass, he's gonna pull the trigger. Benson will give Rodgers a little more freedom to run an efficient offense by making the play-action more believable than Starks & Co. has done the past couple years.

Yuuuup... Kuhn is the goal line back until proven otherwise, so I wouldn't worry about Benson cutting into Rodgers numbers. GB is still going to be a pass first team, so don't plan on Benson coming in and making so big of an impact that they change their offensive game plan.

Yeah...I don't see them changing Rodgers numbers significantly.

If Benson shows a good nose for the endzone in early chances there...they may try running more early in downs.

But Rodgers will still get plenty of chances to throw short ones and run things in as he did the other night.

Rodgers will be lucky to get 25 td with benson in town.

I really hope that is some epic sarcasm.

I really hope that is some epic sarcasm.

Haha yes you can chalk that one up to sarcasm. Maybe benson takes away 2 goal line td from rodgers but there is no way cedric benson is going to reduce rodgers value in any way.

Haha yes you can chalk that one up to sarcasm. Maybe benson takes away 2 goal line td from rodgers but there is no way cedric benson is going to reduce rodgers value in any way.

Sarcasm seems to be running rampant this morning. Did everyone start drinking early today? :cheers:

Sarcasm seems to be running rampant this morning. Did everyone start drinking early today? :cheers:

Well yeah? I mean who doesn't drink at work? :cheers: :headbanger:

:doh:

:wacko: