Sign in to follow this  
phins1921

Adrian Peterson was taken 16 in my draft tonight

I was shocked to see Peterson taken at 16 tonight. More or less, I kept hearing how he is more a late 3rd rd pick not mid 2nd rd. Is that way too early for Peterson or just about right. The owner took him as his first rb as well and Fred Jackson and Charles were still on the board. Bad pick or wise pick? What say you-...

He was taken #1 in our dynasty rookie/FA draft. That kinda shocked me... since we keep players as long as we want, I'd much rather have peterson.

Randy moss was taken like number 6, which I thought was weird too.

Adrian looks to be training very well. Saw some training sessions of him racing Percy Harvin up a hill and moving without problems. I haven't heard of any setbacks or swelling of the knee. Everything looks real positive so far. I was totally against drafting him and didn't in my past Saturday draft but after reading up and doing a little more research I started liking him more and more. I took him 2nd round in my Sunday draft 2.2. Hopefully he'll play week 1 but I'm hoping for him to be 100% effective by week 3. You never know though.

Adrian looks to be training very well. Saw some training sessions of him racing Percy Harvin up a hill and moving without problems. I haven't heard of any setbacks or swelling of the knee. Everything looks real positive so far. I was totally against drafting him and didn't in my past Saturday draft but after reading up and doing a little more research I started liking him more and more. I took him 2nd round in my Sunday draft 2.2. Hopefully he'll play week 1 but I'm hoping for him to be 100% effective by week 3. You never know though.

The draft I have on Wed Nite, I have the #16 (2nd rd). Would you take him over Steven Jackson or Fred Jackson, if he was still on the board?

The draft I have on Wed Nite, I have the #16 (2nd rd). Would you take him over Steven Jackson or Fred Jackson, if he was still on the board?

FYI- I changed my previous post as I thought he was going to start week 1 but I couldn't find anything supporting that he will definitely start. My opinion is that he will with limited carries. I had Steven Jackson last season and he was not that great in my opinion. The TD's were just not there, he never did anything to win me a week. I would rather take the gamble on AP as all signs are positive even though he still hasn't taken any full contact hits on his leg yet. As for Fred Jackson, I personally have not and will not draft anyone on the Buffalo Bills.

Im close to that in picks.....i dont think i would. The reports are great...i just cant see them pounding him 20+ times a game very early.....and SJAX is a pretty consistant guy...1400 total and 7-8 tds. Youd like those td numbers to come up.....im just not sure i want to try and eek it out until week 3 or 4 and hope he performs.

I'v past him in every draft so far just because of bad luck I'v had in the past gambling on a guy coming off injurys. But what I hate is that every team I look at in my leagues that I have bets with, the teams with AP seem to scare me. Like, I should have taken him, but I'm crossing my fingers, no offense to you AP owners out there, that he doesn't produce and I find myself kicking myself.

I'll pass on MJD as well, holdouts have been bad for me too

I'v past him in every draft so far just because of bad luck I'v had in the past gambling on a guy coming off injurys. But what I hate is that every team I look at in my leagues that I have bets with, the teams with AP seem to scare me. Like, I should have taken him, but I'm crossing my fingers, no offense to you AP owners out there, that he doesn't produce and I find myself kicking myself.

I'll pass on MJD as well, holdouts have been bad for me too

I know...i get this bad vibe im going to run into the guy late this year who took Matthews and AP or MJD and Matthew and hes just been rolling people for weeks

I love AP but I think he is going to take at least 4-6 weeks to round into his old form barring a setback. It takes most RB's at least a year to get used to cutting on the knee and trusting it again, which would ruin his whole season this year, whowever I believe AP is a freak and will come back faster. I would take him at 16 but I would make sure to have 2 other solid RB's in a 2RB league and stash him for upside late in the year.

Depends alot on how the drafters you play with value RB's, this year I have seen quite a few starting RB's available as late as the 8th round, sure they have questions but they are starting RB's. If you can get 2-3RB picks with upside then I would swing for the fences with AP, Cj2k, Charles or whatever RB you feel has top 5 upside.

Depends a lot on your taste for risk too. I like to gamble and I want a team that can turn into a juggernaut. AP, Cj2k these guys bring that potential to the table.

I love AP but I think he is going to take at least 4-6 weeks to round into his old form barring a setback. It takes most RB's at least a year to get used to cutting on the knee and trusting it again, which would ruin his whole season this year, whowever I believe AP is a freak and will come back faster. I would take him at 16 but I would make sure to have 2 other solid RB's in a 2RB league and stash him for upside late in the year.

Depends alot on how the drafters you play with value RB's, this year I have seen quite a few starting RB's available as late as the 8th round, sure they have questions but they are starting RB's. If you can get 2-3RB picks with upside then I would swing for the fences with AP, Cj2k, Charles or whatever RB you feel has top 5 upside.

Depends a lot on your taste for risk too. I like to gamble and I want a team that can turn into a juggernaut. AP, Cj2k these guys bring that potential to the table.

Yeah maybe if you can land a Rashad jennings to patch the time AP needs and the time MJD comes back.....that would work. But thats a gamble.

I may just draft as if they were healthy and take the risk.....im not sure if i gain much getting Forte and SJAX as opposed to gambling on a Matthews and AP and hoping they perform/ stay healthy/ Not be a woman.

Yeah maybe if you can land a Rashad jennings to patch the time AP needs and the time MJD comes back.....that would work. But thats a gamble.

I may just draft as if they were healthy and take the risk.....im not sure if i gain much getting Forte and SJAX as opposed to gambling on a Matthews and AP and hoping they perform/ stay healthy/ Not be a woman.

I rather have AP then Matthews. To me Matthews is a pus*y. Not sure I coudl deal with his crap. He does look like a nice player but I am not sure.

I rather have AP then Matthews. To me Matthews is a pus*y. Not sure I coudl deal with his crap. He does look like a nice player but I am not sure.

This! If I am going to run the risk on someone's injury status I will do it w someone who has the upside of AP.