Sign in to follow this  
DeaLerZ

What to make of Adrian Peterson thus far?

Coach Leslie Frazier expects Adrian Peterson (knee) to be a game-time decision for Week 1 versus the Jaguars.

We've suspected for quite some time that Peterson would be granted a ceremonial "start" for the opener, only to give way to Toby Gerhart for the majority of the game. Peterson owners should keep tabs on his progress next week, but the odds are against Chris Wesseling and Mike Clay ranking him as a top-30 fantasy back for Week 1. Peterson has just begun to take hits in practice this week. Aug 30 - 11:13 PM

Coach Leslie Frazier said Adrian Peterson (knee) will practice in the gameplan next week before they decide if he will play Week 1 against the Jaguars.

It's just another way of saying the Vikings are going to exercise caution. By keeping Peterson's Week 1 status in doubt, they keep the Jags off balance and take some pressure off him. All signs continue to point to Peterson playing in a limited role on September 9. Aug 29 - 8:14 AM

Adrian Peterson (knee) took hits in Vikings practice for the first time on Monday.

"We put him through some things today," coach Leslie Frazier said. "We told our defense to hit him a little bit and wanted to see how he responded." Frazier also confirmed AP's rehab has remained setback free. "He hasn't had any swelling or any soreness. Everything has gone relatively smoothly at this point." AP is on track for a limited workload in Week 1. Aug 27 - 7:04 PM

What to make of all of this? Anyone who knows anything else about this situation??

My take is that they will give Adrian Peterson 10-15 touches the first start until they feel 100% confident in his recovery.. so that they don't over work him...

about 10-15 touches for Toby Gerrhart give or take a few.. and 5-10 extra touches for Percy Harvin as well

thoughts?

Late picks in a 12-team leagues are all contemplating Peterson in the 2nd round. My contemplation is over... I'll pass. Not enough recovery time for that injury. If he proves me wrong, good for him, but I won't risk it.

Re-tears his ACL Week 2. Makes me look like a genius for drafting Gerhardt hate. :overhead:

I largely think he'll be eased back in for most of September, mostly because it's the only logical approach. I understand he's a freak but he should be following the same time table as Mendenhall, who's injury wasn't as serious and around the same time.

Was planning on staying away from him. Got him in the 5th round of a 10 team PPR as my 4th RB. Willing to take the chance at that point. No way I feel good about him as a #2 or even a #3. I hope they ease him in otherwise I think he gets hurt again. Dude is a specimen and a beast though. If anyone can heal quick, it's him.

Got this guy in the 4th round. Suprisingly he sometimes goes in the second round, even in the ESPN staff mock. Its a big risk with a bum knee and a shaky offense in general...at least I've got two other studs in Steven Ridley and Kevin Smith to round out my backfield :shocking: :shocking:

Gonna be a long year!!!!

Got this guy in the 4th round. Suprisingly he sometimes goes in the second round, even in the ESPN staff mock. Its a big risk with a bum knee and a shaky offense in general...at least I've got two other studs in Steven Ridley and Kevin Smith to round out my backfield :shocking: :shocking:

Gonna be a long year!!!!

He doesn't sometimes go in the 2nd, he goes in the 2nd on average..early 2nd at that. Far too risky but the 4th sounds about right IMO.

He blew the entire leg off at the end of the year.

I wouldn't touch him and listed him as a DND.

Huge dice roll. Have to spend and early pick. No thanks.

I drafted him in the second round of my 10 team keeper league. I already had Graham and Stafford, drafted welker in the first and AP in the second. I just couldn't pass it up. I had confidence in drafting a couple guys to start on my team until AP can get healthy. I am not planning on starting him the first few games and will probably be rolling with a combination of Bradshaw, Brown, Hillis, Leshoure (after first 2 games). I can see him being valuable toward the middle of the season and at the end. If anything I now have AP in the second round for next year as keeper.